Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Orktober 2011

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 432 posts
What kind of content would you guys like to see released during this year's Orktober? We've got some stuff in the pipeline at tUGS but I'm curious what you'd like.

ScottM96

ScottM96

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 22 posts
  • Army Name:Squigbrain's Ice Daggaz
Perhaps some battle reports and modelling stuff? I might have something to contribute in the later days of the month as well... :thumbs Scott.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,814 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
Yeah this is a bit like Willy Wonka turning around at the start of his tour and saying: "What would you like to see first?" methinks you're giving us a tad too much choice! :P

Whatever you've got going will no doubt be very nice, and as it's GoMo it'll be Orky. I am nevertheless looking forward to it!

I also prefer surprises, so I wouldn't be, you know, surprised that I haven't made any suggestions!

I might also be doing something in Orktober, as I am currently celebrating the completion of V.2 of my Rebel Grot Codex for the 40k Klanz Projekt.

I'm trying to get back to my modelling, and my much neglected Rebels. I'm wanting to make a Rebel GoMo mob so massive I never need to make new models (including removable gubbinz) and I might have something to show for it come Orktober. I'm mostly concentrating on my 40k force, but I did want to make sure in good conscience that I had a nice GoMo force too (especially as I plan to use my Cuttas and Big Luggas in both forces).

I've recently come up with a way of making an AK-like shoota (as I never did get the Banna Wava model) and make a banna wava from an old metal grot. That might be worth sharing, especially as I'm going to loot the method to make more for my 40k Rebel force.

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 432 posts

Yeah this is a bit like Willy Wonka turning around at the start of his tour and saying: "What would you like to see first?" methinks you're giving us a tad too much choice! :P

Whatever you've got going will no doubt be very nice, and as it's GoMo it'll be Orky. I am nevertheless looking forward to it!

We've got some plans that perhaps you guys will like, perhaps not. I'm hoping you'll like 'em, and I'm really looking forward to starting our new in house campaign to test some of said things.

I've recently come up with a way of making an AK-like shoota (as I never did get the Banna Wava model) and make a banna wava from an old metal grot. That might be worth sharing, especially as I'm going to loot the method to make more for my 40k Rebel force.

I've got good news and bad news. Well done on managing it, but at my behest Zinge Industries have created AKs in both Ork size and human/grot size:
Posted Image

They should be out this weekend, apparently.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,814 posts

I've got good news and bad news. Well done on managing it, but at my behest Zinge Industries have created AKs in both Ork size and human/grot size:
Posted Image

They should be out this weekend, apparently.

Being mostly penniless, it is quite aptly good and bad news. Good, because its a nice idea, bad because I can't afford it and must thus make my own. Not so bad considering I was planning to anyway.

Nevertheless, you'll fine more tightwads like me with plasticard tubing than you'll find buyers for those things. Shame, but it's true.

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 432 posts
I'm not looking for buyers... I really wanted these and asked him to sculpt some for me and anyone else that might want them. I shall be buying both kinds, some for grots, some for my new outlaw bikers. Zinge ain't as cheap as I'd like, I will admit, but Kit does have the market rather cornered on some things. I see a bit of a split in miniature gamers - some are quite happy to spend lots on the hobby, others are very tight. I'm getting closer to the former as I grow older, but I am still very stingey!

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,814 posts
It also depends on which part of the hobby is your main emphasis. It's not exclusively true, but I've noticed most people who throw money at the hobby tend to be mostly gamers. To them, money is to be spent on official models, or at most proper conversion kits, and they are often handed out to people who do commission work to convert and paint. When their hobby starts is when they put the finished product on the table. A friend of mine makes a fortune on the side doing commission for his gaming friends, who spend sick amounts of money on models that they can't even be bothered to put together. It isn't exclusively true, as a regular hobbyist can go mad on spending as well. But I'm just at that point now, especially with GW, where I look at the pricing and I'm essentially insulted, especially with finecast. I almost had a coronary looking at the finecast prices for the new Ogres. Mind you, considering my opinion of GW at the moment, I'm not a fan, therefore the prices ARE going to look ridiculous. I suppose I'm of the mind that I'd much rather convert anyway, but I'm not that bothered about the games, can take or leave those, although I need some form of SG once a year, or I get even more grumpy about GW... I hope I finish my Rebel Grot GoMo force though... Currently 25 Grots (incl Red Gobbo, Banna Wava [conversion] and Head Honcho), 3 Cuttas (and a WIP Plasticutta) and 3 Big Luggas, and I'm not even finished. Got it all to finish and paint though, although I wanted a few backups of the rarer models before I started. Looking unlikely though.

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
  • Army Name:Nu Orkers
The AK47s would go great with these Soviet Ork heads http://puppetswar.co...p?id_product=30