Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My savae orc army

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Arbork Kaptun

• Bosses
  • 6,145 posts
  • Army Name:Da Arborkz
Ok so I am working on my savage orcs now.. My ADHD is kicking in. lol. Anyways, the theme of my savage orcs are that they took over a lizardmen temple city. With that being said, I figured I would make my big unz kinda look like temple guard and have lizard skullz on their heads for helmets and such. Here's my first go at it. I just pretty much took the bits and glued them on. Trying to decide if I need to do some greenstuff and make tiny ropes so that it looks like the head and jaws are more attached or not, but of course that means more work. lol. I may just need to paint the feller up, cause I think that would be a more testament of how its gonna look without greenstuff ropes than the grey blob you see, but who knows..

Attached Thumbnails

• proto1.JPG
  • PROTO2.JPG

Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,473 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
Looks good boss :thumbs, the GS straps would look& as you say are a bit of work, but if you do it Zsouless style it may save you some time. Its quite simple & he describes it here Along with that & a little extra effort you could tie them in well w/ the existing straps on his choppa
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Urk Gobsmakka

Urk Gobsmakka

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 191 posts
  • Army Name:The white lightning tribe
Yeah, lookin' good. You know, with some Kunnin' basing, you could make these guys look bigger, too. Like, mount most of these guys on Slate pieces that are around 2mm thick, and they'll be bigger than their regular Savage Orc cousins.

Trogdar

Trogdar

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 168 posts
  • Army Name:Badmoons
I like your concept here and agree that the straps would make the overall look much better. I wonder how well it would work just to pick up some rope (for model ship building?) soak it in some glue and tie these up?

Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Arbork Kaptun

• Bosses
  • 6,145 posts
I'll probably just greenstuff it out.. I think that would be pretty simple.. Just roll it out and drape it on so to speak. Then let it dry.. I'll hopefully be posting up some WIP shots of my regular savages here soon. Maybe tomorrow night or so.
Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Arbork Kaptun

• Bosses
  • 6,145 posts
Ok so a bit later than I expected.. But here's the progress on the regular savage orcs..

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0001.JPG

Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,359 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Thunda Speed Freeks
I love these. You going to do any tattoo work for this? They look like they're fun to paint. :)
______Agatheron \_______
--Remember, long, uncontrolled bursts,
and indiscriminate target selection.
____________________________/

http://chaplainsbrush.wordpress.com/

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,224 posts
Yeah, these guys are looking cool. I really like the models as they are, but your idea for the savage big 'uns is fun and characterful, I like it a lot. A few of them might even have the Temple Guard weapons and shields, that would be another good way to separate them from standard Savages. I keep looking at the savage plastics as a way to make a custom Weirdboy for my 40k orks... Hmmm...

brutalis

brutalis

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 596 posts
Looking great so far! Are you going to "dirty" them up a bit or do you prefer a clean paintjob?

Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Arbork Kaptun

• Bosses
  • 6,145 posts
I'll probably leave them as is with the exception of adding in warpaint at a later date. my 40k orks I would normally dirty them up, but in fantasy I really just don't think that its a good return on my time for these guys.
Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Arbork Kaptun

• Bosses
  • 6,145 posts
Here are some forrest gobbos I've started to work up. Need to add in the arrow packs on the guys with hand weapons and add in some spiders to finish off the unit.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0051.JPG

Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Arbork Kaptun

• Bosses
  • 6,145 posts
Ok tweaked the helmet a bit more.. I like this one much better as it looks more like a helmet vs a skull stuck on top of a head.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0051.JPG
  • DSC_0052.JPG
  • DSC_0053.JPG

Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

Worboss Skrewakka

Worboss Skrewakka

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 208 posts
  • Army Name:orks
to be honest I'm not a huge fan of that skull cap. I do though, like the strap, I think if you're going with that whole head thing, that adds a lot, gives it function almost. Can't wait to see this painted Kaptun, you always do great work.
My record wif da boyz

W/L/T
5/0/2

uummm....waagh?

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,224 posts
It looks good, though I think that both conversions work - both this one and the previous one that you think looks more like a skull on the top of his head. They both have character which is really what counts. I really like the forest gobbo unit though. I might have to get the Arachnarok just for them and the shaman figure. I prefer forest goblins to standard goblins (though wolf riders are very cool), and having spider riders in the army this just feels better.