Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Arachnarok tactics?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

eastern barbarian

eastern barbarian

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 397 posts
  • Army Name:Blood Axe Skwadron of Deff
I am playing goblin-only army and yesterday played my first battle. Used Arachnarok with flinger, and charged it into Marauders on its own, but unfortunately lost the combat resolution, run and got caught (forgot Arachnarok has no impact hits!!). I was just curious if people use our big spider and if they do, how do you epmply it in your armies?

IronShark

IronShark

Dreadsock Enforcer

• Nobz
  • 4,353 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH Morgrim!
Ol' Spidey may not have impact hits, but he does have Thunderstomp, which combined with his bevy of attacks and T6 should give him decent odds against Marauders (depending on Marks, Characters, what Weapons, etc). But in general, it's a good idea to try and combo charge with the Spider.
Being a winner is easy if your definition of victory is flexible enough.

eastern barbarian

eastern barbarian

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 397 posts
i just realised i forgot to do crew attacks :rolleyes I think i need to play more with it to see how it goes. Perhaps it can be used against weaker infantry on its own after all.

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Battlwagon Driver

• Blood Axez
  • 1,811 posts
  • Army Name:da mekforce
dont forget that 'getting caught' means they stop 1" away from it now, not that it dies. at least i'm pretty sure that's how it works anyway... personal plan with it is to load up on the shamans, then park a great-shaman on it with the shrine and stick it in the middle of the shamans & their units, to ramp up the magic phase a bit. for the basic spider, i see it needing supprot, except against large, single models like giants and such. juat a thought - can giants pick up and eat/squash an arachnarok? but the way i see it an arachnarok will quite comfortably much its way through smaller units, but will need support against ones that can outrank it to death.

-BMTK-

the proppa way to loot a bastion!

mechanical nids in the FBH!

4th Edition Orks in 7th W/D/L: 7/0/3

7th edition Orks W/D/L 3/0/0

Garath

Garath

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 232 posts
  • Army Name:Shuuty Deff
Giants can't pick up the spider and stuff him into a bag or anything since they have a different table for big things
Get dem boys!
WHAAAGH!!!
DAKKA DAKKA!!!

ork strategist...

Commission painter GARATH MINIS

IronShark

IronShark

Dreadsock Enforcer

• Nobz
  • 4,353 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH Morgrim!
Giants cant stuff a spider or any other monster into a bag, but many Monsters are VERY scared of giants.

Thump with club - Initiative test on the LOWEST initiative, and if failed take 2D6 wounds. Most monsters are pretty low initiative, and few can survive 2D6 wounds with regularity.

dont forget that 'getting caught' means they stop 1" away from it now, not that it dies. at least i'm pretty sure that's how it works anyway...

Fleeing units that are caught are destroyed.
Being a winner is easy if your definition of victory is flexible enough.

Warboss Gorhack

Warboss Gorhack

'Ead Graft

• Bad Moonz
  • 729 posts
  • Army Name:Gorhacks Bad Moonz
I'd think your objective with the Flinger is fire support, not close combat. The opportunity to slow those fast moving, hard hitting units (Chaos Knights, Bretonnian Lances, Chariot units) to a crawl, even if you never wound any, seems more than worth the effort. Agree that you never want to charge solo with monstrous critters, even Giants. You really want to force him to make choices about how to distribute his attacks rather than allow him to concentrate everything on the big guy before he swings. And thunderstomps. Of course, they're just fine for finishing off cripples late in the game. So are gobbos and arrer boyz for that matter. Warboss Gorhack

eastern barbarian

eastern barbarian

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 397 posts
thanks for the feedback, I guess i need to play few more games and see how it pans out.

Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Arbork Kaptun

• Bosses
  • 6,145 posts
  • Army Name:Da Arborkz
Have you got to play more games? If so, whats the result of the arachnarok? I was debating about putting it into my list (savages and forest gobbos), but I look at it as such a huge point sink and I don't think it gives me really anything.
Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

Grublug

Grublug

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts
Allo Ladz! NUUUU poter 'ere aboutz! I have had plenty of success with the Big Bug. I often run an all goobo force with 0-2 war machines. My meta has a couple of stunty players that lean toward 4+ war machines, a deamon player and a couple of Ogre players. For the stutnies Ill run the spider toward his big gunz and draw all the shootin while the rest of the boyos move up the middle with impunity. For the deamons I run the spider into the deamonettes or horrors as fast as I can right in the front and support it with 10 wolf riders to the rear when I can. With the ogres I support my core by being slower with the spider trying to manuver it into the flanks or rear of a unit that is engaged to the front.