Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2011 Waaaagh Army Bags

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

KurgantheLurker

KurgantheLurker

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 174 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greata Waaaagh
Ok so looks like we have enough interest to do a bag run this year finally. Here are the details:

These prices include everything! Bag, embroidery, shipping, and taxes. Please note that these do not include any customs fees you may have to pay in your respective nation

REMEMBER THE BAGS DO NOT -- DO NOT -- DO NOT -- INCLUDE FOAM. However we have listed a few places you can get foam below.

Mk. I Bag Specs
Mk. I Bag. Dimensions: 13.5"W x 8"D x 20"H
Fully zippered open front -- the bag would zip all the way down to the base and open. No more cramming your hands down the side to pull your foam trays out.
Cut to hold Sabol or Sabol sized foam
Capacity - 20 inches of foam carrying space makes the bag able to hold your entire army and more for easy transport.
Handles - twin handles with a velcro clasp to allow for easy carrying by hand.
Shoulder strap -- padded shoulder strap for easy carrying.
High quality cordura -- Cordura is a durable fabric used in various industries for clothing, bags and other heavy duty items. This bag will hold up to the punishment any gamer can give out.
Front zipper pocket -- this pocket was big enough to carry all your rule books -- even the BBB -- and still be fully closed.
Side "swag" pocket -- a pocket running the length of the bag to hold blister packs, soda, dice cages/bags, just about any small gaming item that one might need for a hard night of warfare.
Side utility pocket -- a pocket for holding your pens/markers/pencils and your tape measure.
Padded sides -- the bag is constructed with padding in the soft frame to add a further layer of cushion for your army. You can check these bags on a plane though not being hard sided it is impossible to say they would stop damage from happening all the time.

Mk. II Bag Specs
Mk. II Bag. Dimensions: 13.5" x 8"D x 15"H
Fully zippered open front -- the bag would zip all the way down to the base and open. No more cramming your hands down the side to pull your foam trays out.
Cut to hold Sabol or Sabol sized foam
Capacity - 15 inches of foam carrying space makes the bag able to hold your entire army. Smaller than the Mk. I as people felt Mk. I was a bit big for people.
Handles - twin handles with a velcro clasp to allow for easy carrying by hand.
Shoulder strap -- padded shoulder strap for easy carrying.
High quality cordura -- Cordura is a durable fabric used in various industries for clothing, bags and other heavy duty items. This bag will hold up to the punishment any gamer can give out.
Rear zipper pocket -- this pocket was big enough to carry all your rule books -- even the BBB -- and still be fully closed. We moved this pocket from the front as it caused some tip over issue in the Mk. I.
Side "swag" pocket -- a pocket running the length of the bag to hold blister packs, soda, dice cages/bags, just about any small gaming item that one might need for a hard night of warfare.
Side utility pocket -- a pocket for holding your pens/markers/pencils and your tape measure.
Padded sides -- the bag is constructed with padding in the soft frame to add a further layer of cushion for your army. You can check these bags on a plane though not being hard sided it is impossible to say they would stop damage from happening all the time.

WHERE CAN I GET FOAM FOR MY BAG?
REMEMBER THE BAGS DO NOT -- DO NOT -- DO NOT -- INCLUDE FOAM. However listed below are several places that you can purchase Sabol sized foam. Your local game retailer may carry these items as well.

Sabol Design
TheWarstore.com carries Sabol foam.
Wayland Games carries two tray types of the Battle Foam Sabol size trays:
bf-sd40t (40 troop tray from the Battlefoam site)
bf-sd27tm (27 tall tray from the Battlefoam site)
Outrider Hobbies
Battlefoam which have a line of their own Sabol sized trays.

COST

USA ORDERS:
Mk. I $160
Mk. II $150

NON-USA ORDERS:
Mk. I $175
MK. II $165

These prices include tax and shipping.

Please note that due to the size of the bags that Non-USA orders have to go via Airmail. The boxes (particularly for the Mk. I) are so big that the only other option would be UPS/FEDEX and that is going to run upwards of $70-100 just for shipping if we do that.

Ordering

To order your Waaagh bag please send an email entitled WAAAGh 2011 BAG to:

Posted Image

Please include the following:
Your name
Your Waaagh Display name i.e. as it appears next to a post.
Address
Phone # (This is used for the FEDEX tracking for USA orders and for customs forms for non USA orders)
Your paypal email. If you don't have paypal that is fine. But please make sure you are either sending the email you have hooked up with paypal or an email that you check regularly.
Type of bag you want
Number of bags you want

What if I don't have Paypal?

We can go through Western Union in most cases though they will charge you a fee to send the money.

TIMELINE

We will take orders from today (July 10, 2011) through Sept. 1, 2011. Sept. 1, 2011 we will place the order and the bags should take roughly 4 weeks to be completed. Depending on where you are in the world it could be 2-6 weeks after that before you get it. We have no control over how long customs holds your bag.

THE LOOK

Waagh Bags are a little different from B&C bags in that they have a Clan Color along with black webbing. The logo is on each bag and done with a combination of embroidery and a process known as tackle-twill.

The available clan colors are:
Black
Red
Grey
Yellow
Blue
Green
Brown

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

To see the logo against some of the others colors please go here:
http://www.the-waaag...=80#entry478035

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

In case you want the opinions of your fellow Waaghers on the quality of the bags:
http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=32390
http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=38342

or from the B&C:
http://www.bolterand...howtopic=158480
http://www.bolterand...howtopic=132948

and YouTube (courtesy of Blue Table Painting):

Duck Blind Miniatures --- Bolter and Chainsword
The Cult of Orange -- none can withstand our......color.

coolguyclay

coolguyclay

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 328 posts
  • Army Name:Grubsnik's Waaagh
Count me in! I'll get the official email in soon. Are the B variants available this time? The ones with the plasticore sides?
An object at rest cannot be stopped . . . BWHAHAHAHA.

KurgantheLurker

KurgantheLurker

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 174 posts
No B variants this year. They are by a different bag maker and would require minimum #s. The bagmaker we currently use isn't putting minimums on us this year.

KurgantheLurker

KurgantheLurker

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 174 posts
Just letting folks know I am working 5am-330 during the week right now so replies to order emails may only come on the weekends depending how tired I am in the evenings.

popisdead

popisdead

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 608 posts
Just read the part about having to ship by air for out of USA orders, that $70-$100 wasn't on top the shipping included was it? I get the impression if I buy one (living in Canada) that it will just be the cost listed any duty the border hits me with. Is that correct? Is there a way to get different shipping? I believe at least one of those (UPS perhaps?) hits Canadians with a screw-you tax they call "brokerage fee" which tends to be about $80-$90 for "carrying your shipment no matter the cost" across the border. Since the average customs duty is $5+10% tax a "brokerage fee" is unwarrented and ridiculous. I would be happy enough having it shipped USPS if possible. I am however quite interested in purchasing one but paying upwards of what could be $250 for an empty case is a bit painful if you understand. Thanks,

KurgantheLurker

KurgantheLurker

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 174 posts
The cost listed, for example where it says NON USA orders, includes the cost of shipping along with the cost of the bag. So a MK. I to Canada is $175 total (bag plus shipping). Basically you are looking at $140 for the bag (Waaagh bags cost a bit more than B&C bags due to the stitch count on the logo) and then $35 for the airmail (which is thru USPS). If we were to use UPS/FEDEX then you'd be looking at $250+ for the bag and shipping combined and there is no way we are gonna ship stuff overseas/outside the USA in that manner. Now what, if anything Canadian customs hit you for I can't say.

popisdead

popisdead

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 608 posts
That is great news! Thanks for your reply! I will order one in a couple days!

KurgantheLurker

KurgantheLurker

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 174 posts
I'll start sending invoices out between this Friday (27th) and Monday (29th). You can still get in on the order up till the 31st if you want to.

Gorbludd

Gorbludd

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 62 posts
  • Army Name:ORKS
Does the company do separate patches with "Da Waaagh!" Logo? I'd be interested in one uv dem!

KurgantheLurker

KurgantheLurker

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 174 posts
Nah we haven't done Waaagh Patches (they are done through a different place than the bags)

KurgantheLurker

KurgantheLurker

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 174 posts
Ok, other than Kaptain Krum everyone's invoice has been sent out today. Please PM or email if you have any questions.

KurgantheLurker

KurgantheLurker

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 174 posts
OK folks I have cut-n-pasted by response over on the B&C to here so you'll have to excuse the dice/patch talk but the bag info is the same: The plan right now is as follows: We will place the bag/dice order on Friday (I already have patches in hand). Few days after that the bag maker will let me know the pocket panels are ready and I will take them to the embroidery shop to get sewn. This could take up to 10 days. After that the panels will go back to the bag maker and the bags will be made in whatever schedule time they have (they do a lot of US Military stuff so sometimes it can lead to a delay). Soon as I know the time table on that I will post here. The dice have a 2 week lead time and then it will take about 10 days for the dice to be made. Once everything is ready orders will start going out. If you ordered JUST a patch, that will go out in the mail next week sometime. Still waiting on 3 folks to pay and then we should be good to go.

Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Arbork Kaptun

• Bosses
  • 6,145 posts
  • Army Name:Da Arborkz
Just another note.. We've talked with Outrider Hobbies. If you place an order with them and use the-waaagh as a coupon code you will get 15 % off your foam orders.
Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

KurgantheLurker

KurgantheLurker

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 174 posts
GOOD NEWS:

Orders for dice, patches and army bags were all placed today!

Dice have a 2 week lead time and then it should be about 2 weeks to get them made. So basically first week of Oct. they should be ready.

Patches are already done and so if you ordered JUST a patch it will go out later this week. If you want a patch we have plenty of left overs and can easily add to your existing order or start you one for just the patches.

Sorry but we can't add dice or army bags at this point.

BAD NEWS:

The bag maker is in the middle of a gov't contract (they do military gear here in the States) and as such we could be looking at as many as 10 weeks for turn around on our bag. In the past they have put a single person on our bags to at least get them going but I won't know for sure if they are planning to do that till Friday when I pick up the pocket panels to go to the embroiderer.

If you have any questions just email or PM me.

KurgantheLurker

KurgantheLurker

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 174 posts
Embroidery is done on the panels that will become the large open pocket:

Posted Image

popisdead

popisdead

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 608 posts
Those look great and I'm excited! Any news on ETA? Thanks,

KurgantheLurker

KurgantheLurker

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 174 posts

BAD NEWS:

The bag maker is in the middle of a gov't contract (they do military gear here in the States) and as such we could be looking at as many as 10 weeks for turn around on our bag. In the past they have put a single person on our bags to at least get them going but I won't know for sure if they are planning to do that till Friday when I pick up the pocket panels to go to the embroiderer.

If you have any questions just email or PM me.

Next week would be about 8 weeks so at that point we can maybe start expecting the bags soon.

KNW

KNW

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
  • Army Name:The Industral Strength WAAAAGH

Next week would be about 8 weeks so at that point we can maybe start expecting the bags soon.

I was beginning to wonder aboot that...

KurgantheLurker

KurgantheLurker

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 174 posts
Had word from the Bagmaker that the bags may be ready the Weds before Thanksgiving (next weds). If so then that means the bags should be packed up and ready to ship the first full week of Dec.

popisdead

popisdead

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 608 posts
Thanks for the update!