Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gangs of Nu Ork

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

Brogz

Brogz

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
Actually, what were the lists you & you're opponent using?

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
  • Army Name:Nu Orkers
Here's my gang as it currently stands: Krunk, Veteran Ork Buiser (leader) +1 S, Cosmopolite, Impetious, Steel Horns, Wounded right arm Slugga, Big Choppa, Flakka Armour, Hair Squig Skargrog, Regular Ork Enforcer +1 W, +1 A Choppa, Riot Shield, 'Eavy Armour, Six Shoota Mad Zogger, Regular Ork Gunner Crushing Blow Skorcha, Flakka Armour Big Billy, Regular Ork Bodyguard +1 T Blunderbuss, Spear, Flakka Armour Silent Zog, Regular Grot Sniper +1 T Shoota with Aimin' Gubbinz Grabnutz, Recruit Grot Scavenger +1 WS, +1 W, Infiltration, Squig Juice Implant Choppa, Hand Flamer Fo'Shizzle, Recruit Dark Panzee Soldier Sprint, Gunfighter 2x Shuriken Pistol Mr. K, Regular Kroot Sniper +1 BS, +1 Ld, Shell Shock panzee Chainsword, panzee Long Rifle Billy Joe Bob, Recruit Human Grenadier +1 A, Crack Shot Laspistol, Frag Grenades My opponent has 3 veteran craftworlders including a flamer-toting soldier, a regular craftowrlder psyker and a veteran dark panzee doctor.

Brogz

Brogz

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
Only 3 gangers? Is he mad or sumfink?

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
I could have worded that better. It's 3 veterans plus one regular plus one dark panzee. The veterans are, IIRC a soldier with a flamer, a sniper with a long rifle and... uh... I don't know what his leader's career is but he has aspect armour and an panzee chainsword. He's nasty in melee.

Brogz

Brogz

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
Also, did you're flamer grot get another wound? If he did that is awesomely awesome. By the way, can you fire both you're dark panzee's splinter pistols at once?

cookie

cookie

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts
  • Army Name:Warlord Wrecker's Grand Horde
just a few quick questions: do squats use human weapons, or will they have their own armory? can you buy vehicles when you buy your gang, if so, how much would it cost, and the stats for them would be? will have a go at throwing together a few lists and then giving some people some games with them

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth

Brogz

Brogz

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
In my lists Squats use the Human Armory, but I'm not really sure. Also, I can't Upload my lists, they're in Excel and it says i don't have permission. :rolleyes

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Whoa, you guys are already making lists? I better put up the latest version then!
Attached File  1.0_Assembling_a_Gang_v_086.pdf   843.6KB   6 downloads
Attached File  2.0_Equipment_Intro_v_045.pdf   302.24KB   4 downloads
Attached File  2.1_Ork_Equipment_v_063.pdf   584.67KB   4 downloads
Attached File  2.5_Tau_Equipment_v_042.pdf   396.42KB   4 downloads
Attached File  2.6_Kroot_Equipment_v_03.pdf   368.05KB   3 downloads
Attached File  8.0_Post_Battle_Sequence_v055.pdf   829.81KB   8 downloads
Man, I really need to find a better solution for file hosting.

Unfortunately I did not get to play yesterday. Why? Because I forgot to take the rules with me :bang :crybaby

@cookie, vehicles aren't ready yet. If you wanna get playing right now I suggest you start with 750 teef gangs and then when I post vehicles you can spend another 250 on them. Squats will eventually have some equipment of their own but for now treat them as humans for armoury purposes.

@Brogz, try to convert them to pdf. If you have Office 2007 or newer you can do it under the "Save As" menu, otherwise you can install something like CutePDF.

Brogz

Brogz

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
How do you use ghostscript?

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
I... have no idea what that is.

I uploaded the files to the server space I get with my internet access provider. Can someone please try to download them and see if it works?
http://freeweb.t-2.net/blackfang/

Brogz

Brogz

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
It works. Hey, are my attachments working?

Attached Files

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Yup! Love the names :lol

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Well now. I have a website up and running, all the latest files will be hosted there from now on. Please excuse the pathetic design, it's a basic google site template. This thread will continue being the focal point for update announcements, playtest reports and feedback.

http://gangsofnuork.lordblackfang.net/

Brogz

Brogz

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
Why are Ogryn Beasts?

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
I know it feels strange, but it makes the most sense mechanics-wise. They are too big and too powerful to be normal gangers and I think the beast category fits them like a glove. It's not hard to imagine that they need a dedicated babysitter to take care of them and their equipment and order them around in battle, although in their case the "Handler" isn't so much an animal trainer but a friend whom the Ogryn trusts.

In more important news, I just uploaded the first draft of the Vehicle Rules. While there is a LOT of work to be done, especially in the upgrade section, it is now possible to buy basic vehicles. The rules for using them in combat are already in the battle section and the permanent damage table is also done so there's noting stopping you from including vehicles in your gang any more.

I'm sure you've noticed that there's still an entire section missing - scenarios. I've purposely left these for last because they're the least critical to have a playable game. There are already some scenarios in the Gorkamorka and Necromunda books for those that are itching to play that are easily adaptable to Nu Ork - mostly just just have to reduce the Experience awards like so:

+1 for surviving a battle
+1 for winning leader
+1 for holding an objective/loot
+1 for each enemy directly taken out of action
+1 for each enemy vehicle immobilized or crippled

DO NOT award experience for each wounding or penetrating hit as gangers will level up way too fast.

Scenarios are also the easiest thing for players to come up with by themselves, certainly mush easier than agreeing on statlines or points costs, for example.

Here's a scenario I'm planning for my next game:

THE SKINNER CAGE
There are two objectives 6" apart in the middle of the table, equally distant from both players' deployment zones. One objective is merely a drop zone where loot counter will appear. The second objective objective is a lever than can be pushed by a ganger in base contact at the end of his turn. When the lever is pushed a loot counter is deposited in the drop zone.

There is a finite number of loot counters in whatever storage space they appear from. When the lever is pulled roll a D6 and if the result is less than the number of counters already deposited the storage space has run dry.

cookie

cookie

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts
awesome, now i can finish off that list and give some people a game. the background around my gang is that it is a guard armored fist squad stuck on Nu ork, who continue to hassle the over lords of Nu ork by destroying fuel and ammo dumps, they remain mobile inside their transport, so the ork overlords cant track them down to a permanent base and wipe them out.

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Sounds good! I hope you can get some games in and give me some feedback!

I have added 10 more basic careers to the list. For the moment they are in a separate file here http://freeweb.t-2.n...areers v-02.pdf

Brogz

Brogz

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
Very good. I'm going to make a bunch of Grot Explorers and cars.

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
After several setbacks I finally got to play two more games. We used the Skinner cage scenario I posted earlier.

In both games I got krumped bad by the panzee leader who has turned into quite the little melee monster with T4, A3, a panzee chainsword, a fusion pistol and now exarch armour (3+ save) :choppa

In the first game the infiltrating grot managed to set the panzee medic on fire for a turn but caused no lasting damage. I really should stop trying, all he does is give away a free experience point. His niper took out the bodyguard with his first shot yet again, this has become something of a running gag. The panzee psyker got double 6 on his test and went out of action, ha ha. I reached the objective first and got 2 loot out but then the panzee leader chainsworded my nob and my panzee and I bottled out, dropping all the loot. My boss got himself captured by some Kroot Karnivores but luckily his stats weren't high enough to make him good eatin' so they let him go. My dark panzee got some cool scars out of it though!

After the first game I finally splurged and got myself a big shoota to replace the ineffective skorcha.

In the second game we put the loot dispenser on the first floor of a ruin in the middle of the table. The flamer grot infiltrated behind the building and waited on overwatch for someone to round the corner. Unfortunately the panzee Psyker used Feeblemind, a telepath power that makes all nearby enemies test for stupidity. The grot failed and stood dumbfounded as the panzee flamer guy calmly walked around the corner and covered the grot, my boss, and the bodyguard with a web of monofilament wire from his shiny new Shredder. The grot and bodyguard went down and my boss lost a wound and was entangled for a turn. Meanwhile my own panzee missed both shots with his pistols at point blank and got chainsworded by the panzee leader who then proceeded to take out the Kroot as well. The big shoota boy got off one burst of 4 shots at the shredder panzee but only caused a flesh wound. The second shredder hit finished my boss and I bottled out again.

This game left my boss with an old battle wound which he immediately went to see the Dok about. Unfortunately I roll a 1 again on the Dok's Surprise table, so the boss will have some sort of mishap in the next game. The bodyguard got a chest wound which took his T back down to 4, the Kroot got his second dose of Shell Shock and the flamer grot got some of the same as well. The dark panzee got a chest wound. It was a pretty rough round as far as injuries go!

I gained little experience this time (in the last game I did not take out a single model!) but it was enough to advance everybody once:
The boss got his choice of skill and picked Intimidate
The Enforcer got +1 WS
The big shoota guy got Hip Shooting which is useless with a heavy weapon, so he'll be switching back to the skorcha. Run and fire flamer!
The bodyguard got +1 BS although I have yet to see him use a gun (or anything else for that matter)
The grot sniper got free choice of skill and took Rapid Fire for his Shoota
The flamer grot also got free choice of skill and took Tough It Out, a new skill from the new Survival table, which lets him participate in post-battle activities even if he goes out of action (and he always does).
My dark panzee got a random skill and rolled up Inventor from the Techno table. I eagerly await the results of his labours.
The Kroot got +1 BS which will come in very handy with his panzee long rifle.
And finally the human recruit also got free choice of skill and took Sprint so he can get into position to lob grenades that much sooner.

After the second game I had a mere 42 teef in the stash but I was feeling reckless so I hired not one but two gretchin psykers. The first is an illusionist with Deep Shadow and he also got immunity to possession for his minor power. The second one is a telekinetic who rolled up Force Cage and the minor power Soothe Pain. It all looks really useful on paper but we'll see how psychic tests on Ld 6 go.

cookie

cookie

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts
got my list worked out, was round my grandparents today and was able to pop over to a friends house with the rules. he a long time ork player like me, and quickly threw together a ork gang based on the rules I had brought over. here's my gang by the way: Lieutenant Cromwell’s 1st recon party Lieutenant Cromwell (veteran enforcer) Armed with laspistol and chain sword Skills: combat, shooting, command, techno Sniper Lewis (veteran sniper) Armed with Hunting rifle with telescopic sight Skills: shooting, stealth, survival Tracker bob (regular tracker) Armed with Lasgun Skills: agility, stealth, survival, shooting Doctor Fredrick (regular doctor) Armed with Lasgun Skills: agility, survival Bruiser john (regular bruiser) Armed with Laspistol and sword skills: muscle, ferocity, combat Soldier James (regular soldier) Armed with lasgun Skills: shooting, techno, survival Technician Samuel (regular technician) Armed with laspistol Skills: techno, driving, survival Chimera ‘old faithful’ Weapon mount with heavy stubber my friends gang was: Nob skargrowl’s boys Nob skargrowl (veteran enforcer) Armed with choppa, riot shield and eavy armour Skills: muscle, ferocity, combat, shooting, command Mekboy wuzza (regular technician) Armed with shoota Skills muscle, ferocity, techno, driving Gun boy skug (regular gunner) Armed with big shoota skills: muscle, ferocity, shooting Boy dragga (regular bruiser) Armed with choppa, slugga Skills: muscle, ferocity Komanndo crag (regular tracker) Armed with shoota, choppa Skills: muscle, ferocity, agility, stealth, survival Loota gob (regular scavenger) Armed with pulse rifle and slugga Skills: muscle, ferocity, techno, survival Trukk (new model) weapon mount with big shoota we had a game, just a straight fight to the death. i went first and my sniper got lucky, having a long range of 60" allowed him to shoot loota gob straight away, knocking him out of action before the fighting even started. the battle we was fighting on was all ruins, so there was only 1 level to play on, i kept my gang together, near one of the ruin corners, this worked well for me as i had my sniper up top, shooting at the mekboy in the trukks driving seat, this slowed down the orks assault, but gave them plenty of time to shoot at me with the two big shootas they had, which quickly knocked out my tracker. eventually my heavy stubber on old faithful ran out of ammo and the trukk rammed my Chimera head on, immobilising both transport and allowing the nob and his boys to charge me the following turn, where they quickly gained the upper hand, but my leader came though and managed to down the kommando and the boy dragga with his chain sword, next turn, we were both taking bottle tests, but Nob skargrowl lost his nerve and called his boys back to their camp. while both sides gained experience, no one went up in rank, we both went out and found some loot, which we sold to increase our stashes, we hoping to have another game next week.