Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ship dimensions for scratch built fleet

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

dneff23

dneff23

Paint Squig

• Grotz
  • 99 posts
Hi everyone, I have never played Battlefleet Gothic before, but a couple of friends are interested in starting up the game. I am planning to stratchbuild my Ork fleet, and was curious if someone could post the rough dimensions for each size of ship. I just want to make sure my ships are close to the size of the actual models. Any help is really appreciated :biggrin

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
-ORK SHIP DIMENSIONS-

-BattleShip- 'Large Base'
Length - 90mm
Width - 50mm
Hight - 50mm

-KillKroozer/TerrorShip- 'Small Base'
Length - 70mm
Width - 30mm
Hight - 40mm

-Savage/Ravager/Onslaught- 'Small Base'
Length - 35mm
Width - 20mm
Hight - 15mm

-Brute RamShip- 'Small Base'
Length - 25mm
Width - 20mm
Hight - 10mm

-FightaBomma-
Length - 4mm
Width - 4mm
Hight - 2mm

-Hulk- 'Extra Large Base'
Length ~ 120mm
Width ~ 70mm
Hight ~ 70mm

-Rokz- 'Small Base'
Length ~ 70mm
Width ~ 30mm
Hight ~ 40mm

Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Easy E

Easy E

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 263 posts
  • Army Name:Rotgutz Skulsmash Reeverz
One clarification: I believe you can choose to put your Kill Krooza and Terrorship on either a large or small base. It is your choice.

Do you like Free Wargames?

http://bloodandspect...s.blogspot.com/

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Its true that the KillKroozer and TerrorShip were at one time supplied with a large base because they are quite unstable on a small one.
I bought a few Kroozers years ago and two had large bases whilst the other had a small base. It was a bit of a lottery as to what you got.
However, Oomie and Spikey Cruisers are mounted on small bases.
The Ork Kroozers are, if anything, smaller than these Cruisers so although the rule of 'can use the base the model was supplied with' still stands, Ork Kroozers should be mounted on small bases which is why I didn't give the option in my listing.
The base issue arose simply due to the Kroozers being heavy and unbalanced, and GW's quick fix of supplying them on larger bases was never very satisfactory.

I found I had to fill the original hole and drill a new one about 10mm further forward to find the right balancing point on my GW models.
However this isnt an issue with scratch built kroozers.
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Easy E

Easy E

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 263 posts
  • Army Name:Rotgutz Skulsmash Reeverz
I'm not much of a BFG player, but I remember purposely putting the larger base on my Kill Krooza so it could ram (and absorb missiles intended for my Terrorships) easier. That thing got hulked more times than I can count! :biggrin

Do you like Free Wargames?

http://bloodandspect...s.blogspot.com/

Gorlock

Gorlock

Buzzing Squig

• Grotz
  • 98 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Grimms' Pillaging Plunderers
What I found usefull for stabilizing my kroozers on small bases was...discard the stem supplied with the small base, and use a golf tee instead. Cut the pointy end off of the tee ofcourse, and you can put a pin in there to fit the kroozers hole at the bottom of the ship.
***END OF LINE***

pedrom

pedrom

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 9 posts
Talking about big or small bases for Kroozerz - I left the first two pieces of my fleet unchanged and they use to fall to their nose. To the third one I drilled a new hole more to the front, aprox. 0,5cm (?), it means that the mass and center of gravity move little bit to the rear and now is more stable even on the small base. Isnīt comlicated and is a good solution. Enjoy! :cheers