Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Army under construction

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

2Karl

2Karl

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 4 posts
  • Army Name:Waaaaagh-Nimrod
Hi all, thought you might be interested in what I'm working on. I've been playing and collecting (well collecting more than playing really) epic for nigh on a quarter of a century and my favourite system is the 2nd ed (early 90's) incarnation. With that in mind I ahve started building an army. It's currently hovering around 1500 points and at the moment I just have a Goff clan, but I'll be working on some Evil sunz next. So far I ahve painted: Goff clan (15 boyz stands, 8 nobz), 3 bonebreakas, 3 lungburstas, 3 stompas. Still to paint are the warlord stand, his 5 nobz, 2 battlewagonz and 3 gutrippaz. Here's some WIP pics, let me know what you think.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

I know it's currently in vogue to have battered, weathered rusty tin can style paint jobs on orky vehicles and they can look very nice, but I much prefer the clean and bright paint jobs of old - maybe I'm trapped in the past :)

balsak_da_mighty

balsak_da_mighty

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 463 posts
  • Army Name:?
Nice stuff..I wish more people played epic as its my favorite game that GW has..What are you planning on doing to the bases for flock?

2Karl

2Karl

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 4 posts
  • Army Name:Waaaaagh-Nimrod
For the bases I'm using a mix of Javis ballast and flock. I've just finished painting the Goff contingent after a long break. 1500 points in total so far (2nd ed values). I'll get some pics up soon. The horde currently consists of: Warlord with 5 stands of nobs, 2 battlewagons and 3 stompas, goff mob (15 stands of boyz, 8 stands of nobz), 3 lungburstas, 3 gutrippaz, 3 bonebreakas. Next on the list is the Evil Sunz contingent. I have planned a mob of 15 boyz stands and 3 nobz stands (together with 6 battlewaggons), 3 bowelburnas, 3 spleenrippas, 3 braincrushas, 1 gibletgrinda and a mekboy gargant, which will expand it by another 1500 points. The irony of it all is that I have NOBODY to play it with so it'll just sit looking pretty on my shelf.

arjbrown

arjbrown

Gnasher (face eater)

• Grotz
  • 84 posts
He he, 2Karl I know your pain I have a good size ork, Imperial, Marien army and I even have a small panzee contingent but alas no one to enjoy them with :crybaby But still I love them and much like balsak_da_mighty I love this stuff. Its by far the best system thet GW have ever put out and you dont need a lorry just to take your force to the table !!! It realy is ashame that more dont play this game but hey ho !!! Anyway good luck with putting together your Evil Sunz contingent, and dont forget to show us pic's and let us know how its going !!