Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Digga Trukk in the Making

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

chaoshead87

chaoshead87

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 66 posts
Alright, here goes, first real post in a long time.

Not too long ago I stumbled apon tUGS and I started thinking about all the Gorkamorka stuff in the basement. Well it turns out I didn't have that much stuff after all so I hit ebay and bought ALOT of stuff, TOO MUCH if you ask the girlfriend.

Anyway, I bought some Diggas, they needed a trukk, here you go.

Hope I remember how to upload pics...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Let me know what you think.
Feedback is always welcome.
Chaos

"Those are my thoughts, not yours."

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 435 posts
That's coming along nicely! I particularly like the driver's seat.

chaoshead87

chaoshead87

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 66 posts
Thanks Flamekebab, it really wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be ripping the drivers body off and just adding padding. A handy set of clippers and the x-acto.

Anyway, a little bit of progress and a few pics. Magnetized boarding planks and big shoota. Drivers cockpit finished with pedals and the steering column. The very beginings of the covering for the crew area has begun in green stuff. I have also started working on a magnetized wrecking ball.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks for looking and as always c&c is welcome.
Chaos

Da Bikers

Da Bikers

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 184 posts
That's really coming along nicely, I look forward to seeing more pictures as you add to it.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,047 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads
Like it, cant wait to see the finished result.
When all else fails Panic
If that doesnt work...then you know you are up to your neck in it!

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 435 posts
I like the repositioning of the engine. Are you planning on detailing the roof supports?

chaoshead87

chaoshead87

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 66 posts
Thanks for all the comments guys. That engine repositioning was looted from someone here on the waaagh! but I cannot remember who, sorry. The trukk is mostly finished now. The magnetized wreaking ball is finished as well as most of the covering for the crew compartment. As for the roof supports getting detailed, probably not as they will be covered by the, hopefully, removable tarp like cover that goes over the area to keep the diggas from baking in the sun. Of course when I want to take more pics the camera battery is dead, I left the camera on, oops. When thats charged I will post more pics of the trukk as well as the digga buggy I started today while waiting for the trukk to dry. Nothing special, just a chopped up new trukk kit. Back soon with more photos I hope...
Chaos

chaoshead87

chaoshead87

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 66 posts
Alright, back with those photos as promised.

First up is the nearly complete digga trukk. It only needs the rest of its crew cover then I do believe I will call it done. Magnetized big shoota, wreaking ball, reinforced ram, boarding planks and the removable crew cover. I will in the future be making other magnetized weaponry, probably spear gun and harpoon gun, as well as a possible big grabba.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Up next is the digga buggy, just started really but they are so easy to do that it is almost done really.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks for looking guys and as always keep the comments coming. It keeps me motivated and I need that, I bought way too much gorkamorka stuff off ebay recently. :lol
Chaos

Xtreme

Xtreme

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 120 posts
Looks awesome, can't wait to see it done.
X-Painting
My Painting Blog

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 435 posts
I'm liking where that buggy is going. I wish they'd redo the buggy kit.

chaoshead87

chaoshead87

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 66 posts
Hey guys, thanks for the comments. As for the buggy kits getting redone, I wouldn't hold your breath, although it would be great, I am sorta okay converting them from the trukk kit. I really wish they would release a new trak kit. As long as it had individual track pieces and not just stuff molded to the wheels or whatever. Anyway, another day off today so back to the trukk and buggy!
Chaos

Jorvanni

Jorvanni

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 111 posts
  • Army Name:Wazzaaaaa
Excellent work on the vehicles. I am looting your removable top idea. My question is how do you texture the top. I used painted medical gauze before but the removable top is excellent. Other than that your models are looking great. Can't wait to see the final product.

chaoshead87

chaoshead87

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 66 posts
Back for more!!!

Thanks for all the comments.

@Jorvanni - Well, glad you like the idea of the removable top. Just for you I took pics and will explain. First, I bought some of this Instant Mold.

Then you find yourself a nice textured surface, like this stegadon for instance.
Posted Image

Then you follow the directions on the intant mold and you end up with this. (Best pic I could get.)
Posted Image

Get yourself a blob of green stuff or whatever you use and press a thin layer for the skins onto the mold.
Posted Image

Put your skin onto your vehicle where you want it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now at this point I have found it better to take it carefully off the vehicle and put it on a nice solid surface, in this case I am using my paint mixing pallet, a nice porcelain tile. Then Using a piece of the instant mold I GENTLY press the edges of the new piece onto the already dried pieces.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now using a sharp tool of some sort I score the edges of the newly placed skin to make it look as though it were sewn together.
Posted Image

Very carefully I remove the piece from the pallet and drape it back into position on the trukk to dry.
Posted Image

Hopefully that helps. The trukk is almost done at this point. I think one more piece of hide will finish the crew cover.

Hope you guys find this at all usefull. Let me know.
Chaos

Jorvanni

Jorvanni

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 111 posts
  • Army Name:Wazzaaaaa
Thanks a million for the detailed instructions. I took notes and will must likely use it in the future. Looking forward to the end product

chaoshead87

chaoshead87

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 66 posts
@Jorvanni - I forgot probably the most important part!!! When you put the green stuff back on to the trukk to dry you need to use some form of lubricant! This prevents the green stuff from sticking to the mini. I use mineral oil, the kind used for oiling wooden cutting boards and food utensils and things of that nature. The reason I use this is because it washes off very easily with just straight soap and water. I have seen people use other lubricants like vaseline or cooking oils, I can only imagine how hard those are to get off the model.
Chaos

Killboss

Killboss

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 112 posts
  • Army Name:Da Skid Row Skrappa'z
Sweet, you are capturing the digga stye well good to see such a neat convertion.
E wiff da most ladz winz. -quote from MorrBruise Da grand Folosafa.

chaoshead87

chaoshead87

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 66 posts
Okay, its finally finished.

@Killboss - Thanks, I was trying to stick to that original Digga covered trukk feel.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

All in all I'm happy with it. Lots of magnetized gubbins and a removable crew cover.

The Digga buggy also received a little bit of attention.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I will continue to work on the buggy, I may even post more pics. Not sure if I should do another Digga vehicle or call two enough? Maybe grab a couple bikes off ebay?

Any Digga players out there with an idea of how many vehicles I should have for a mob?
Chaos

GrimRukk BlitzSnik

GrimRukk BlitzSnik

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 43 posts
  • Army Name:GrimRukks 'ead Smashas
nice! all of this is really cool

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 435 posts

I will continue to work on the buggy, I may even post more pics. Not sure if I should do another Digga vehicle or call two enough? Maybe grab a couple bikes off ebay?

Any Digga players out there with an idea of how many vehicles I should have for a mob?

It really depends how your campaign works out and what you prioritise. Some people like a lot of vehicles and sacrifice big guns or gubbinz to do it, others pimp out a single vehicle. I've done both with my various Ork mobs.

By the way, I really like your textured roof!

chaoshead87

chaoshead87

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 66 posts
Well its been a while but the buggy is basically finished, I would like to add something to it to make it feel more like it belongs to the Diggas but I am not sure what yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Of course it breaks down into its magnetized parts for ease of painting.

Posted Image

The wheels also detach, just forgot to do that for the pic.

Any ideas what I may be able to do to make it "feel" more like a digga vehicle?

I could add a "roof" but I am not sure I want to do that to the buggy.

Thanks for looking and as always C&C is welcomed and needed.
Chaos