Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Preparing for 8th ed.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Malte

Malte

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 24 posts
'Ey there lads! For quite some time I've had more then 2.5k OnG in various boxes and bags just collecting dust or serving as bitz for my 40k needs. So when GW announced the new army book I made up my mind, time to pick up the bow and choppa. The idea is to bring the goff klan from 40k into fantasy, just since I love those colours. Whats on the schedule is to strip and buy magnetized bases for all the old models but while waiting for colour to dissolve and orders to arrive I've started out with some boar boyz. Just fantastic models! Will have lots of them in my final army with a big block of black orcs followed up with them mandatory boyz, in short an elite army. Wordz and stuff is fer 'umies so on with the first pictures! Sorry for not top-notch photos, have no better camera at the moment than my iPhone. First completed model in the army so far, a vanilla boar boy with the goff themed colours. IMG_0223.JPG Second and last for tonight is the hero level boss or either just boss for the boar boyz depending on final results. I have no idea how 8th will treat OnG but a 'uge two-hand choppa can never go wrong! IMG_0218.JPG Next update will include PIP on the boss and hopefully more boar boyz.
"Zog me its bootiful!"

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,047 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads
Like it . Looking good!
When all else fails Panic
If that doesnt work...then you know you are up to your neck in it!

PsychosisPC

PsychosisPC

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 95 posts
  • Army Name:Cerulean Templars, Hell Divers, No orks yet
That looks sharp. I do love these new boar boys.

Malte

Malte

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 24 posts
Sunday is update day! New armybook is out and so far I'm really pleased! Even though this army is no tournament material I still like the change in lowering the points for boar boyz since I will have quite a few, thinking about 2 x 10 units. I've had a hard time trying to get some quality time with my boyz due to work, but today I waaaghed in some green time. First up is the boar boss, he's soon done just need the final work and jobs a gud 'un! Also, need to start on his 'uge choppa. IMG_0245.JPG The rest of the evening was dedicated to the rest of the boars, a lot of drybrushing so it was just a bore but necessary. IMG_0248.JPG At the moment I feel a little bit held back since I don't have any 25mm magnetic bases, I must really order a pack of those so I can start to strip my old boyz and black orcs. Hopefully next update will include the complete boss and a startup on the other two boyz. Cheers!
"Zog me its bootiful!"

BadToof

BadToof

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 68 posts
  • Army Name:BadMoonz
Hey Malte I really really like these guys. I've loved the models for a while now (nearly convinced me to start a fantasy Orc army) and the paint scheme really seems to work. I love how the crisp black contrasts with the Ork skin, it makes it stand out. On the subject of the skin, do you mind if I ask how you painted it? At first i thought it was the standard recipe from GW tutorials but looking a little closer it seems to have a different, slightly yellower tinge to it. Keep up the good work :thumbs

popisdead

popisdead

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 557 posts
Very cool and good work! Shouldn't Goff be sloggin' it though?