Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da Red Gobbo! (Help!)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Dr. Clockwork

Dr. Clockwork

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 75 posts
I desperately want to get my hands on this model, but it is impossible to find anywhere on the web! Any advice/anyone have one they can part with?

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,957 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Not sure. Just looked at their store site in the 40K Collectors section and the only models they are currently selling of the same era as Da Red Gobbo are Da Goff Rokkaz. Might have been discontinued. Which is a shame coz its a nice model.
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 432 posts
I wouldn't say it's impossible to find. Quite the opposite, in fact. It's easy to find on eBay, just not for a price I'm willing to pay. The going rate for Red Gobbos on UK eBay is 15 - 30. Someone is selling one here for about $30 I think, although it's missing its club.

Here's a couple on eBay UK at the moment:
Red Gobbo, painted
Red Gobbo in box

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,957 posts
Cant understand why this figure has gone out of production. It's without doubt one of GW's best Grot/Goblin figures ever made. Even if the mold has broke surely it's worth making another.
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Ryan

Ryan

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
grabbed one off ebay a few months ago paid about 10 quid i think, you just have to keep checking to get a good deal

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 432 posts
The Red Gobbo is missing from my collection too. I have two Dregmek Blitzkarts, a Bad Dok Dreggutz, and a Nazgrub Wurrzag (still in blister), but no head of the GRC...

Boss Zagsnikk

Boss Zagsnikk

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts
I'd love to get a Red Gobbo, but they're asking silly money for it. If I need one (I may or may not be running rebel grots in a campaign against a couple of friends), I'll convert/sculpt one :thumbs

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,957 posts
Wouldn't it be terrible if someone saw fit to recast high quality knock-offs and sell them at a reasonable price. I'd hate to see that.
Nuf Said.

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 432 posts
If GW were to start selling the Red Gobbo again I'd buy it, if it was reasonably priced. I imagine they'd charge 10+ for it though, and let's be honest, it's just one model, I can't justify that amount of money on it. If Forgeworld did it, or a new version, then perhaps they'd do it in resin - then at least the club might stay on!

chaoshead87

chaoshead87

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 66 posts
@Krooza - Yes, it would be horrible wouldn't it? Wouldn't it also be terrible if someone bought some of this instant mold stuff and make cheap copies for people?

http://www.coolminio...stant-mold.html

Indeed that would be a shame...
Chaos

"Those are my thoughts, not yours."

Da Bikers

Da Bikers

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 184 posts
Yes I agree it would be terrible and I certainly would not be very interested if anyone attempted it.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,819 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

Yes I agree it would be terrible and I certainly would not be very interested if anyone attempted it.

Think you might need to put some new batteries in your sarcasm detector Bikers...

Killboss

Killboss

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 112 posts
  • Army Name:Da Skid Row Skrappa'z

Wouldn't it be terrible if someone saw fit to recast high quality knock-offs and sell them at a reasonable price.
I'd hate to see that.

haha...Hmmm terrable indeed, unfortunetly GW seem to cast and not models at no real reason. alot of there best models built are only run for a year or too yet they wiould sell steady as collectors, ie da red goobo, belakor, scrap prospector ect.
E wiff da most ladz winz. -quote from MorrBruise Da grand Folosafa.

eddie the troll

eddie the troll

Da Mole

• Boyz
  • 1,034 posts
  • Location:At the center of my universe, Whangarei, Noo Zeelund
  • Army Name:Which Army are we talking about?
Aheemmm.... Does anybody know anybody who has a friend whose sisters next door neighbours brother-in-law does resin or metal figure casting?
the voices in my head sound better as a choir

War isn't about who's right... war is about who's left...

Sumus ubi Sumus

Boss Zagsnikk

Boss Zagsnikk

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts
waiting on a resin casting kit myself... just putting that out there. Not that I would ever cast anything that wasn't my own creation, definitely not for practice, no...

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 432 posts
Does anyone even own the Red Gobbo on here?

Nazbag

Nazbag

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 538 posts
  • Army Name:Nazbags New Boyz
I agree it would be a truly terrible thing for knock off red gobbos to find their way to the market and it would only fair for GW to throw the book at anyone who did this, so the ass raping they would inevitable suffer would be thoroughly deserved. I can only suggest that anyone who came up with a safe way to distribute these fine models without being ass raped by GW law goons would be a thoroughly vile skumbag.

For  Laser Cut Terrain, Bases and accessories go toWar Games Tournaments

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,819 posts

Does anyone even own the Red Gobbo on here?

I do. What I do when I finally get some instant mould (bought or donated) is my business, so long as I don't make a profit off it. For personal use, of course...

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
  • Army Name:Nu Orkers
I think you might be disappointed by the capabilities of instant mold in this regard :nono

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,819 posts
Most likely, although I was hoping to make copies of some of my Rebel Miniatures, particularly because they're all out of print and sell for a lot on ebay. Cheap, quick-made copies can be taken into GWs and such and used in my Rebel Grot force with less fear of them being stolen.