Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Ork Warship

* * * * * 17 votes

• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,558 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
Yeah that coat came out great, really cool effect with stitch pattern. The scale & attention to detail with the Battleships is just dizzying. The build alone is awesome, but your brush work just gives it life. What struck me the most going through all of the pics was the skirting (for lack of a better word) on the insides of the double kannon turret , That you included it.... :eek wow Outstanding job :thumbs
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Paperclip

Paperclip

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts
I finally decided to have a go at the lift that will service the various levels of the superstructure, allowing the orks to get up to the helm platform to have a go at steering. Although it wont actually be operable whilst sailing the boat, like various other elements of the ship I did want it to be adjustable so I can change how things look.

Started off by constructing the basic lift platform which has a tab that nicely slides along the runner that will be fitted through the superstructure...
Posted Image

Here you can see how the two parts fit together...
Posted Image

I then added some handrails to the lift platform itself, still need to add a few more details such as safety chains and controls etc.
You can also see that I have added a little pulley at the top of the shaft and attached a chain to the platform. The chain will eventually loop around to the bottom of the runner and joining up with the bottom of the platform. This will give a continuous loop of chain that will hopefully allow the platform to be moved up and down but still hold it in place enough so that it doesnt drop under its own weight.
Posted Image

Here is a final shot showing how the lift provides access to 3 levels...
Posted Image

Still a bit of work to do to get it finished, but going well so far :)

Waaagh_Baron

Waaagh_Baron

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 379 posts
  • Army Name:Kaptain MOREgunnzz Waaaagh
nice addition. How did you make the elevator rail?
The Best Custom Track and Wheel can be bought here:

http://stores.ebay.c...Skulls-Industry

Paperclip

Paperclip

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts

nice addition. How did you make the elevator rail?

Basically just 3 layers of 1.5mm plastic card
First layer is the back, then two 3mm wide strips, then two 5mm strips all sandwiched together.

LiveforFun666

LiveforFun666

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 17 posts
  • Army Name:Um... lotz o' orks?
Amazing, how do you paint your metals?
Three cats eats more than a stone

Big Mek Flamehugga

Big Mek Flamehugga

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 92 posts
That is awsome, but you need to put a massive flame cannon on the front!!!!! Seriously though that is really good! Thanks for sharing it with us all. Flame hugga
Make it burn, orl ov it!

Orks without fire is like me without a zoggin good book, hopeless

Know the rules, live the rules, Join the Waaagh!

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 162 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls
Very nice ship you do there :thumbs . But my big mek mind says: Make the building at the ship larger! I would add more buildings to the ship, mabye something like a car port with a crane for a Trukk. That would be very cool! :cheers Gitkilla

Metal elitist & into game/level design.

Paperclip

Paperclip

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts
So another little job that's been lingering on the to do list for some time... the other firing position on the roof of the superstructure. I decided to go for a nice chunky Gatling gun, operated by another of my old Bad Moon ork boyz.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Waaagh_Baron

Waaagh_Baron

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 379 posts
  • Army Name:Kaptain MOREgunnzz Waaaagh
looks better and better every time you post something. When working with green-stuff do you use a Clay shaper? Also how do you do your rivets? Punch? Press? or cut from rod? the look to even for cut from rod.
The Best Custom Track and Wheel can be bought here:

http://stores.ebay.c...Skulls-Industry

Paperclip

Paperclip

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts

looks better and better every time you post something. When working with green-stuff do you use a Clay shaper? Also how do you do your rivets? Punch? Press? or cut from rod? the look to even for cut from rod.

Yes, for GS I have an Extra Firm Clay Shaper set (size 0).

The rivets are indeed cut from rods. I mostly use 0.75mm, 1.2mm and a few 2mm.

Morgash

Morgash

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts
That is a really great looking gatling gun, love the detail especially that sight. But those empty shell casings look weedy compared to the size of the ammo drum and caliber of the barrels.

Klawgut

Klawgut

the ginger haired squig

• Boyz
  • 437 posts
  • Army Name:Klawgut IronToofs tooflords
Truely amazing work. I cant believe that you have made so many parts that actually work like the lift and stuff. On top of that you have amazing talent with plasticard and your paint skills are phenominal too!! Basically your a complete !"£$%^&*() Keep up the good work!!
"DAKKA DA CHOPPY STUFF AND CHOPPA DA DAKKA-IE STUFF!! WAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!" Warboss Klawgut

Praetorians
BTSWA

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,225 posts
Absolutely amazing. Really incredible work, such attention to detail and aesthetics. My own feeble plasticard skills have been truly humbled this day. I can't believe that this thing will actually float as well! Just nuts. Please do keep updating, your work is top-notch and very inspirational.

SirTainly

SirTainly

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 160 posts
Super posing on the gunner there, more excellent work.

Paperclip

Paperclip

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts
Thank you for the kind comments :)

This weekend I have been painting the Gatling gun, here are the results...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Harkon Greywolf

Harkon Greywolf

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,243 posts
Nicely done! I miss those old hair squig models! :D HG

theorkmarine

theorkmarine

Bag Squig

• Boyz
  • 102 posts
  • Army Name:da speed skulz
is this on da oilaz? if it isn't why not!!!! absaloutly brilliant pcard work, same with the painting good luck theorkmarine
big or small we'ze kill 'em all

So after sitting looking at a pile of bitz and breathing the glue fumes Gork, or was it Mork? Spoke to me and a vision formed in my mind. - ThorVald

STOMP, STOMP, STOMP!!!

Rictus

Rictus

Vampire Squig

• Boyz
  • 108 posts
Loving the ship so far. The weapons and details such as the lifts are excellent. Looking forward to seeing it progress further. Damn it, I want to do an Ork Navy now.

Paperclip

Paperclip

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts
This past week I have been working on the rear of the superstructure. Nothing particularly exciting but stuff that needed doing.

The wall of armour plating has been continued around the back and Iíve added a small curved section of railing around the chimney stack. The chimney stack has also been extended downwards to connect to the main deck.
Posted Image

On the main chimney stack Iíve added some baffles to the opening to provide some interest and detail. I have also fitted a Ďwoodení platform around the stack as a possible sniper position for a grot or two. Will eventually add access by means of a ladder of some description.
Posted Image

Iíve also added some drips on to the side of main chimney stack where it sits below the oozing pipe.
Posted Image

At this stage there is still more detail and gubbins to be added.
Other than the above I reckon I've added a few hundred more rivets to areas I have been avoiding :blush

KrokhDaFlashGit

KrokhDaFlashGit

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 5 posts
That's incredibly impressive. I'm quite amazed and inspired! Great crafting skills and painting, just everything is awesome. I can't wait to see it finished. Keep it up! I'll use this as inspiration for my Ork Fort i'm working on. WAAAGH!