Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Ork Warship

* * * * * 17 votes

• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,418 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads

:thumbs
Bravo mate, you have successfully created what I believe is one of the coolest ork models ever made, excellent modeling/painting execution, it looks like a diorama you would see at a games day event.
Kudos, and please do continue, this is incredibly inspiring and has given me many ideas for my force
looking forward to more updates :D

:cheers

The above praise pretty much sums it up. The video of the furnace working brings the whole model to life and raises the bar so high that us mere mortals can only gape in awe... true kudos indeed.

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
stuff like this makes just makes me want to get better than I currently am but aspiring to something myself like this would merely be delusions of grandeur I'm afraid. absolutely great work!

Paperclip

Paperclip

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts

In the meantime, please keep coming back to us with updates! More frequently would be good to feed the "hunger"! LOL

I'll try hehe :)

I've been trying to finish off detailing the superstructure as its the one thing left that's still bare plastic.

Main job was doing the interior of the Killa kan workshop...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and here are a few more close ups of Kan 1...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

radegast6

radegast6

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 542 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Skullcrasha WAGHH!!
More we want More!!
Miniatures Conversion Blog

Mek shop orks buy here

ORKS DONT DO FACEBOOK BUT IF THEY WOULD...

apparently “mass produced plastic toys” are not protectable as “sculptures” or “works of artistic craftsmanship” under English law... hmm interesting

Harkon Greywolf

Harkon Greywolf

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,243 posts
Ork-some mate! Frikkin' Ork-some! :D HG

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Great detailling and fantastic painted once again :thumbs . Looking very forward to see more :search .
Warboss Mick's WAAAGH! : http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=51831 (Started assembling Rebel Grots / Gretchin, Big picture's . Update 19-05-2013)

Paperclip

Paperclip

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts
Thank you for the comments :)
Just a small update of progress. I managed to get the Superstructure primed at the weekend, so I've been able to get started on the painting.

Here are a few shots of the Kan workshop... Not really the best bit of painting I've ever done, it was harder painting in a box than I had imagined hehe. Also tricky attempting a subtle OSL effect on a flat surface with acrylics and a brush. Anyway I think once the 2nd Kan is sitting in there along with the Grot the walls will work just fine as a background...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally here is a sneaky preview of the front entrance/windows of the superstructure. Now he is stuck in place I need to reconstruct the ork's fingers...
Posted Image

Harkon Greywolf

Harkon Greywolf

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,243 posts
That Workshop looks amazing! Nice job. Everything about this project just screams Golden Daemon Winner/ Slayer Sword Winner to me! :D Keep it coming! :D HG

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Really jaw-dropping painting. Fantastic job so far. Keep it up :thumbs .
Warboss Mick's WAAAGH! : http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=51831 (Started assembling Rebel Grots / Gretchin, Big picture's . Update 19-05-2013)

Paperclip

Paperclip

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts
The Ork Warship had its first test in water to determine the required amount of ballast and to put the RC and smoke unit through it's paces.

Here's a little video of it having a splash about in the bath... enjoy :)

Posted Image

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Put simply I'm building a radio controlled model boat from a kit which I got especially for the purpose of converting in to an Ork Warship. Kind of like a floating Ork maritime diorama.

Put simply, Fan-zoggin-tastic, I hadn't really appreciated how big 900mm was 'til now, just a shame no-one makes those smoke units that'll put out black smoke.
There's no more space for choppa'z at the top of the thread so have another couple here :choppa :choppa

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 147 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls
That model is awesome! You really did a great job! :thumbs I hope to see more in the future and mabey other projekts too. :cheers

Metal elitist & into game/level design.

radegast6

radegast6

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 542 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Skullcrasha WAGHH!!
Sick, Mental, Unbelievable.
Miniatures Conversion Blog

Mek shop orks buy here

ORKS DONT DO FACEBOOK BUT IF THEY WOULD...

apparently “mass produced plastic toys” are not protectable as “sculptures” or “works of artistic craftsmanship” under English law... hmm interesting

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,418 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads
Awesome, it floats, smokes and propells itself along...and is seriously Orky. Absolutely magnificent. My only critique, and its only because i know hopw good your rusting skills are, is that perhaps the Hull is too grey and perhaps needs some rusty edges to it around some of the joins. It still seriously rocks, but perhaps breaking up the grey could make it rock even more...if that is possible. :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!

Paperclip

Paperclip

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts

My only critique, and its only because i know hopw good your rusting skills are, is that perhaps the Hull is too grey and perhaps needs some rusty edges to it around some of the joins.

Absolutely, one side is already weathered with rust and other damage to the paintwork... all of the footage taken just happens to show the unfinished side hehe. There is still a load of painting left to do, not to mention adding more crew to the rear 2/3 of the ship and other little details like ammo crates etc.

Eddie the Troll2

Eddie the Troll2

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 19 posts
More to the point, how fast will it go? Looking awsum, but might need more dakka at the back - what about some squigpedoes?

Paperclip

Paperclip

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts

More to the point, how fast will it go?

Not entirely sure at this stage, it certainly wont be speed boat fast, but it should move at a good pace for the type of boat.

Looking awsum, but might need more dakka at the back - what about some squigpedoes?

I'm planning to have a couple of rear facing gun emplacements up on the gantry at the back either side of the hydraulic claw, something along the lines of the gunner in the Ork Trukk kit. Also in the two openings in the back I was going to have some kind of depth charge launcher in one side - think barrels on a launching rack, and something else in the other.

JakubMB

JakubMB

squig attack arm

• Bad Moonz
  • 480 posts
  • Army Name:Nobbog's Fury

Sick, Mental, Unbelievable.

This times ten! I'm stunned...
Nobbog's Bad Moon Fury

WAAAGH!!!

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
  • Army Name:Snotbagz Nozeminerz
Wow! Not much else that can be said other than... Wow! :thumbs
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Kromlech for all your Orky goodness.

Nozeminer Studioz

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Really a fantastic job you did, great craftmenship and patience u have to make something like this. Cant wait to see it fully finished :cheers .