Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

MEKBOY STOMPA

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,957 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Ive been reworking my old epic MekBoy Stompa. Ive had this model for years, did a small conversion job on it ages ago... basically just bending one foot and tilting it into a not very convincing stompy pose.With my skills a little more homed now I decided to give the model the same treatment but do a better job of it ;)I wanted to keep all the original bits and not hack it about too much. New additions include lots of werky bits on the underside and a small smoke stack. The stack is made from the tip of a Sherman Tank Rocket Launcher, which has a funny little bit on the end that looks like a steam whistle.The head has been slightly enlarged and face given more character by adding a cut down jaw plate from the 40K range.Still want to add some further details like extra power cables to the weapons and stuff like that.Barry shot included for those not familiar with the epic scale. This model is very much inspired by the old GW illustration which can be seen on my profile.

Attached Files

Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Ghudra

Ghudra

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
Great remodel Kr00za! The stance is dead stompy and I love the detail on the undercarriage. Nice work retaining the original feet. :biggrin I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the power cables.

xzantrax

xzantrax

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 224 posts
The new pose is way more believable than the normal stompa. It is the feet that does it, they look mobile, not like landing gear. I think you should consider the scale on the base-stuff, since it looks way overscale unless the stopmpa is running around at a gargant construction site or something. Which is a real possibility.
Remember the golden rule of engineering: measure once, cut twice, grind to fit.

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,957 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz

The new pose is way more believable than the normal stompa.
It is the feet that does it, they look mobile, not like landing gear.

I think you should consider the scale on the base-stuff, since it looks way overscale unless the stopmpa is running around at a gargant construction site or something. Which is a real possibility.

'
Thanx for the feed back. Im pretty happy with the new stompa pose. It looks workable whilst retaining that classic 'Giant Stompy Mechanical Penguin' stance.
I think Ork walkers have gotten far too serious over the last few years and their character has suffered because of it.
As for the base gubbinz... the T-bar girders are pretty much to epic scale and that cable is supposed to be a huge power cable ripped from the ground. I do have to add some further bitz to the base. Really need to get some epic troops. A Beaky under his raised foot, just about to be stomped would be cool.

Added some further details such as hydraulic pistons to his buzz saw arm... bullet belt and power cable to his kannon arm etc.

Im also concidering making up an epic sized Rhino and having it caught in the SupaLiftaDropa'z anti-grav field 'which could be constructed from wire'

Attached Files

Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

2Karl

2Karl

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 4 posts
  • Army Name:Waaaaagh-Nimrod
I LOVE the cables on the lifta-droppa. Amazing how little touches can make such a big impact on a model. If you fancy a real challenge, why not model a beakie or imperial guardsman running for his life as he's about to get stomped?

Big Mek GobSmasha

Big Mek GobSmasha

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 298 posts
  • Army Name:Da BLOOtoof Deffskullz
That is a stompy (stompy=proppa) stompa!

Love it!

Nice to see you applying you skills to another area of orkyness!

cheers
'smasha
QUOTE (Dim_Reapa @ Jul 21 2011, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steampunk Zombies with Power Fists. It brings a whole new meaning to the phrase “You are already dead”.

QUOTE (Boss Gobbstompa @ May 4 2011, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"It's not that I have more boyz than you have Beakies, it's that I have more boyz than your Beakies have BULLETS!"