Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rokkit Buggies

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

mo0g

mo0g

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 402 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! mo0g
Hi all.

I decided recently that some Rokkit buggies would be a good project to play with, but when I did some research on here I couldn't decide how to make them. I saw some based on AoBR koptas, and some based on beakie Land Speeders, both of which looked awesome. So I decided to make both. I started with some deffkoptas traded from Det, wheels from Ramshackle Games:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And this is what's coming up next:

Posted Image

There's still a fair amount to do, but the basic structure on the kopta buggies is there to see. This is the inspiration thread for these.

Cheers,
mo0g
mo0g's Badmoons
mo0g's projects - Latest update: Kommandos (April '11)
Big Mek mo0g's Badmoon Blog (external blog)
Scratch Battlewagon - Now painted.
Rokkit Buggies - WIP builds
mo0g gets STOMPY - Optimash Prime Stompa build WIP
Big Mek Challenge VS Morfangdakka - An oldy but a lot of fun! (Lots of broken images, sorry) and the Voting thread. (more broken images...grr)

Other stuff:
mo0g gets tainted - Tzeentch-theme Chaos WIP
mo0g does Necromunda

b0und in3rtia

b0und in3rtia

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 718 posts
  • Army Name:Mekunized Blood Axe Deff Core
your 4 wheelers are quality work man. the way you did your speeder.. you could totally pull off making that a scorcha. :thumbs
Got Waaaaaaagh!!?!!?!?!?
"Killa Kanz down Deff Coptas up Dis is how we like ta KRUMP!! " -=Looted=-
My Photobucket of Orc stuff.

Spores of Anarchy Ash Waste Nomad Chapter

Me not Weedy

Me not Weedy

Weedy

• Deathskullz
  • 2,240 posts
  • Army Name:Not Weedy's Lootin Gitz
I love your use of the deffkotas to make the buggies. My one suggestion is that you personalize each of them; at present they look uniform and that ain't orky ;) I also like where the speeder is going. My concern with that is without some sort of wheel/track in the front it looks unbalanced at present. Having said that, I don't know what kind of wheels you could use to fix that. Very lootable work! :cheers
Sometimes when I'm alone I pretend I'm a squig...
-silly buck toofed git

Whining aimlessly is totally my hobby.
-silly buck toofed git

ramshackle_curtis

ramshackle_curtis

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 450 posts
Cool the wheels go well with the model!

mo0g

mo0g

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 402 posts
I was thinking about using the skis that I chopped off the koptas to put on the front of the speeders so they are resting on something at the front.

Posted Image

Nothing is glued together here, just to see how it might look.

I wondered about making the weapons magnetic but I think I'm unlikely to use skorchas, I'm bringing these bad boyz for the rokkits.
mo0g's Badmoons
Big Mek Challenge VS Morfangdakka - An oldy but a lot of fun! (Lots of broken images, sorry) and the Voting thread. (more broken images...grr)

Other stuff:
mo0g does Necromunda

Mugruk

Mugruk

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 320 posts
  • Army Name:Mugruk Skullbasha's Waaagh
Hey mo0g, I love these rokkit buggys! Consider this conversion looted. :thumbs Mugruk

I Rosputnik

I Rosputnik

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 115 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls

I was thinking about using the skis that I chopped off the koptas to put on the front of the speeders so they are resting on something at the front.

Posted Image

I wondered about making the weapons magnetic but I think I'm unlikely to use skorchas, I'm bringing these bad boyz for the rokkits.

Awesome conversion. My looted landspeeders feature the trakks at the front, rather then at the back so it's interesting to see them there.
DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA!

I think da shoota needs a reload...

mo0g

mo0g

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 402 posts
Hmm, the back seemed to have more "open space" to put the tracks hence why it's there, but maybe I'll have a look tonight to see how it feels with the tracks at the front. But then what did you use to support the back, wheels?
mo0g's Badmoons

Other stuff:
mo0g does Necromunda

Young Hippy

Young Hippy

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 18 posts
Nice work, think i gonna steel the idea with some modifications, i already got the deffkoptas broken up pretty good, making new ones..

I Rosputnik

I Rosputnik

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 115 posts

Hmm, the back seemed to have more "open space" to put the tracks hence why it's there, but maybe I'll have a look tonight to see how it feels with the tracks at the front. But then what did you use to support the back, wheels?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's what I did with my landspeeders.

I used wartrakk tracks, with trukk wheels at the back.

Forgot to say, I love the quad bikes. They would make awesome Nob Bikes.
DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA!

crispy

crispy

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 171 posts
I am lovin those last two buggies. Best I've seen! Great work :thumbs
"When the pin is removed, Mr Grenade is not your friend!"

daemoniccorpse

daemoniccorpse

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts
  • Army Name:Evil Sunz
Wicked! I love the Rokkit Quad Buggies! Keep up the good work!
{Transmission Ends}

Mek's Beginnings: My scratch built vehicles wagonz!

Take a look at my Youtube Channel

Say Hi on Facebook!

mo0g

mo0g

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 402 posts
Nice. My trakks are significantly bigger so I think they're more suited to being at the back. You've done a great job detailing those, and I might have to loot your idea of GS'ing over the legs.

Here's what I've plumped for on the first of a planned 3 speeder rokkit buggies:

Posted Image

Does it work with the mono-ski at the front?
mo0g's Badmoons

Other stuff:
mo0g does Necromunda

Me not Weedy

Me not Weedy

Weedy

• Deathskullz
  • 2,240 posts
  • Army Name:Not Weedy's Lootin Gitz
Possibly. You need something else to break up the front, so as to not have the skids blend in with the "bumper." What I would suggest is the same thing I suggest putting on the front of every Ork vehicle. Put a gob on there. That'll break up the parts blending together.
Sometimes when I'm alone I pretend I'm a squig...
-silly buck toofed git

Whining aimlessly is totally my hobby.
-silly buck toofed git

I Rosputnik

I Rosputnik

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 115 posts
Loot anything from the buggies. I've been looting ideas from this site from my days as a lurker. There was a Landspeeder jeep here that was done prior here which I looted the idea from.

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,417 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads
some great buggies here, love the trakks and the deffkopter conversions. I have done something similar with defkopters but used two blades of the kopter for forks and only one front wheel to make either Nob biker trikes with rokkits (or big shootas) or wartrike buggies, depending on what game i decide to play. They can represent either.

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!

balsak_da_mighty

balsak_da_mighty

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 465 posts
  • Army Name:?

Posted Image

I must say I lilke the other 2 buggies better then this one. Its a cool Idea but I think it lacks that orkiness to me. I am interested where this might go though.

ukpro

ukpro

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 480 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gazbagga

Nice. My trakks are significantly bigger so I think they're more suited to being at the back. You've done a great job detailing those, and I might have to loot your idea of GS'ing over the legs.

Here's what I've plumped for on the first of a planned 3 speeder rokkit buggies:

Posted Image

Does it work with the mono-ski at the front?

It does and it doesn't for me?? :bang Frustratingly I can kinda see what you are trying for but unless you are only going to play in the snow I don't see them working on rougher terrain so personally I would stick some wheels up the front.

Just a reverse of what I Rosputnik did with his:

Posted Image

Totgeboren

Totgeboren

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 661 posts
  • Army Name:Gutrippaz smashaz
Very good work. I have three AoBR deffkoptas in a box, and I don't really want them as deffkoptas (I use 'Deffsoots' instead).
I however really like your deffkopta-buggies, and you have inspired me! Now all I need to do is find some good tires. :thumbs
"It is the misfortune of beings to be for us nothing else but useful showcases for the contents of our own minds."
/Harry G. Frankfurt

My orks.

My Stompa uv Deff!

My Traitor Guards and Word Bearers!

mo0g

mo0g

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 402 posts
Irritatingly I think you're all right, perhaps the monoski doesn't quite work out with the trakks - I'm tempted to try a mono-wheel front wheel instead, not unlike a Reliant Robin:

Posted Image

Alternatively I could try standard 2-wheels at the front, but I'll need to find something smaller than what I have at the moment.

As far as wheels go for the first set of buggies, I can't recommend enough Ramshackle Games for unique bits.
mo0g's Badmoons

Other stuff:
mo0g does Necromunda