Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da Showroom

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Da Bikers

Da Bikers

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 184 posts
I love that converted track, and the light box works great - is it only a cardboard box with white paper stuck to the inside?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 435 posts
Pretty much. There's holes in the cardboard box on both sides and the top. The back is solid and the front is completely open. The holes are covered in white paper (just basic A4 paper) and the insides as you can see. There's also a piece glued to the back wall at the top, allowing it to be pushed in or pulled forward to create a gentle curve of the appropriate size. When I want to take photos in it I turn on a spotlight/desklight and shine it through the top, diffusing the light. I then use something like Photoshop to crop the photos and adjust the saturation/levels to get what I'm looking for. I'm rather fond of the trak too - it's made from an old warbike and the back of a wartrak. I then used the front of the wartrak in the bike posted earlier in the topic!

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 435 posts
I've started work on my outlaw biker mob now and whilst I like the kits, I think I'm going to mostly scratch build my own motorcycles. Here's the start of the first one:
Posted Image

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 435 posts
In the end I went for a compromise.
I scratch built one bike and modified the rest, generally to make them longer as I feel the GW bikes are a tad on the small side (particularly compared to my scratch-built monstrosity!

Here's a group shot of SAMCSM, work in progress:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Then there's the VP, Barka, who is nearing completion. He's missing his patches (front and back) but they're coming later.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

NonComPoop

NonComPoop

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 13 posts
Hi all. I thought I'd post a few pics of my painted vehicles. The trukk is a scratchbuilt model but the bike is out of the box. I wanted to have a sort of Higins boat on wheels feel for the trukk. I'm not entirely sure how the driver operates it, there are some levers an a foot pedal beside him though. Attached File  trukk_front.jpg   1.89MB   19 downloads Attached File  trukk_side.jpg   2.9MB   21 downloads Attached File  bike_left.jpg   2.28MB   16 downloads Attached File  bike_right.jpg   2.12MB   15 downloads

Fox Box

Fox Box

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 181 posts
Impressive stuff and I like your painting style. I couldn't manage it, I know, but it's rather good. Reminds me of the game Borderlands, as it happens. Good job on the trukk too and to answer your wondering, the driver is the only one who knows - that's why he's he driver. Anyone who says different is going to have to fight him for it!
Fox Box

UK purveyors of the finest in greenskin bitz.

NonComPoop

NonComPoop

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 13 posts
Here are some shots of the other members of my mob. I just got a digital camerta so I figured I'd post a bunch of photos. These models are kind of a version two of my GorkaMorka collection. I have a large mob of 2nd edition 40k models that I stareted playing the game with when it was released, but I liked the look of the newer ork plastics so much I couldnt help but do a mob of them. I'm getting ready to start a mob using the warhammer savage ork models along the lines of a snakebite mob. I've assembled and basecoated them but havent started painting yet. The first 3 pics are some boys, a grot and a spanner. The next is a boy with a six shoota and choppa. The fifth pic is a boy with a cybork body. The sixth is "da Fing" a mutant(he counts as a boy with choppa slugga). the seventh is the truck driver dismounted and the last one is a slaver with a snot hanging off his back. Attached File  boys1.jpg   1.77MB   26 downloads Attached File  boys_2.jpg   1.99MB   22 downloads Attached File  boys_3.jpg   1.87MB   15 downloads Attached File  choppa_six_shoota.jpg   762.19KB   20 downloads Attached File  Cybork.jpg   1.69MB   15 downloads Attached File  da_Fing.jpg   1.11MB   20 downloads Attached File  driver.jpg   969.95KB   17 downloads Attached File  slaver.jpg   1.21MB   21 downloads