Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

da nobz of gorkamorka

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Boss Gobbstompa

Boss Gobbstompa

Warbike Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,535 posts
  • Army Name:Gobbstompaz Looty Gitz

Great, you can never have too many bikes.
One advantage of the sidecar though is that it makes your bike larger when squashing foot models, some extra ramming area combined with the wider profile comes in very handy as you can easily track down and squash any models foolish enough to be on foot while you can still outrun any trucks around.

I never thought of it like that. Gorkamorka is definitely a game where modeling for advantage seems to be encouraged. I might do a mega-bike with a side car and have a 2-3 person transport capacity.
Nkelsch on the differences between disembarking from open-topped vehicles and closed vehicles.
QUOTE (nkelsch @ Dec 10 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Compare a bunch if drunk rednecks jumping out of the back of a pickup truck VS a bunch of old ladies getting off the bus.

BLAAAGH!!! Gobbstompa (WIP/Magnetizing tutorial)
WAAAGH!!! Gobbstompa (finished models)
The Legend of Gobbstompa (fluff)

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 435 posts
As long as it's within the spirit of the game, it's legal. If you get any larger than that then it should probably be a trak, but up to a point it works. There's the obvious disadvantage of there being absolutely no armour for the passengers, of course.

Da Bikers

Da Bikers

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 184 posts
'modelling for advantage' is great as long as you don't take it too far, you just have to think what the Mek is realistically going to do and would really work, also it depends on your opponent agreeing to it being fair or not because some may feel that modelling to advantage can be unfair but there are others who see it as part of the game. Also you have to agree how far it can go, e.g. while a side car to increase the width of the bike is fine simply sticking planks out of either side of it to crush more foot models may be considered cheating by some people. (Also if itís cool enough no matter how farfetched it is or how far it stretches the rules it will still be allowed by almost all players.) Modelling for advantage is great but is to be used with caution as it can easily get out of hand.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Burnface

Burnface

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh Corps
This is Burnface of "Burnfaces Pyro Nuttaz". Legend has it that he once tried to fix the trucks scorcha. There's two endings. The first is that he burnt himself when he smoked his cigar next to an open gas tube. The other is his spanner grew resentful and blasted him in the face with his Burna. Eitherway, everyone agreed it was dead ard and drank over it at the brew house that night. Bright and flashy gorker with a bit of basework done. My mob is using the Burnas from the Unnamed Gorkamorka site (Just about everythigng there's being used in our campaign. Those guys are awesome). I'm working on a forum to chronical our epic gameness but we've alot of prep work to do first. Attached File  123.JPG   40.12KB   103 downloads Attached File  126.JPG   46.27KB   89 downloads

RedSarge

RedSarge

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 1 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh 'Ead Smasha
What I really like about that Ork model is the amount of color, definitely reminds me of the older, more colorful Ork schemes of years past. It looks like you invented a new way to show wounds on an Ork, bravo!

Burnface

Burnface

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh Corps
Thanks much.

artificerarmour

artificerarmour

• Grotz
  • 2 posts
  • Army Name:Klan ov da fowzandz ov sunz
Threadromancyyyyyyyyyyy!

Here's my nob, Gubyub Goldtoof, of the Goldie Lookin Teef tribe.

Posted Image

Posted Image

He's got a fetish for golden knashers, and replaced all of his lost teef with golden replacements. He's up for some Krumping!

glomscient

glomscient

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 149 posts
  • Army Name:da bloo bonez
Wow, I was just thinking about getting back into gorkamorka when I saw this thread! Now it's a definite yes! Good to see people are still into this (i just started last year, actually). Once I make a new nob, I will post pics here :cheers

NonComPoop

NonComPoop

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 13 posts
As a means of introducing myself I thought I'd post a couple pics of my Nob. At the moment he is known as Gorgutz Ironface, leader of Da Rukkas! I change his name with every new mob I make up though. Attached File  Nob1_v2.jpg   1.59MB   32 downloads Attached File  Nob2_v2.jpg   1.54MB   20 downloads

Ogrebane

Ogrebane

• Grotz
  • 2 posts
My Nob for My Morka Mob
Posted Image

Boss of the Grot Cpt Squig Grotrow
Posted Image

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,938 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
I'd be very interested to know where you got/how you made that Cutlas...

Ogrebane

Ogrebane

• Grotz
  • 2 posts
Plasitcard and tubing. Cut and file to shape then use tubing the right size and cut it on an angle to make the hand gaurd.
Posted Image

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,938 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
Nice! The best ideas are often the simplest. Thanks for that. Very much looting this.

ineptmule

ineptmule

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 22 posts
Here's a pic of my Morka Nob, Wizzgig of Da Wizzladz. It's taken from a group shot of the mob.

Since this pic was taken I've replaced his head with that of the Kommandos Nob, which I like a lot better.

Posted Image

He's a pretty nifty fighter, with WS6. But he's also very tough - T5, W2 and Thick Skull.

Sneb

Sneb

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 38 posts
I've just started painting my Grots. I'm painting over my previous paintjob from '99 (Yep, Philistine!) mainly because they aren't painted too badly... just in Snot Green. The other reason is that I have 40 of the little bu**ers, and that's -AFTER- I gave 30 away. When these 8 are done I'll be painting some 2nd ed Autogun gretchin metals, then maybe some RT gretchin for a change of pace. Yes, that's right, I have about 170 grots to paint... split 40/90/40 gurrent+gorka/2nd/1st. I probably shouldn't mention the Orks....... Edit: Photos always show just how bad my painting is. A lot of work to be done on these 8.

Attached Files