Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Trust in Rust: 8-29-18 Nova Open 2018!

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
366 replies to this topic

greggles

greggles

Wartrukk Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,634 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

Finished typing up and uploading all my battle report photos.  Check it out if you are interested.  Orks went 4-3 and ranked 6 out of 72 in battle points.

http://www.feedyourn...s-40k-narrative

img-0432_1_orig.jpg

• Badfang Brassaxe, Giganotosaurus, brettfp and 1 other like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,260 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Congrats and thanks for an enjoyable read :cheers

• greggles likes this

greggles

greggles

Wartrukk Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,634 posts

Very welcome! Thanks for taking the time to read!

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 459 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

I made several half-hearted attempts to leave a reply over the past week, but Honey-Do LLC (aka Mrs. Giganotosaurus) kept me from finishing each time. :bang I'll start with the "Rust Recipe"; thanks I'm lootin' it! I have my own Bad Moon walker mob that I will be starting on soon. The rust will fit right in with my warped theme. ;) I wanted to wish you luck, and happy stomping, but apparently you didn't need it. :stomphq: Your photos and bat-reps were top notch as usual. :thumbs I loved the display for the Raven Guard, it looked like a lot of work. The KX139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armor looked very impressive, and very lethal. Congrats on the best painted army award, much deserved. :thumbs :thumbs

P.S. Your cart still needs a fungus beer keg. :biggrin

• greggles likes this

greggles

greggles

Wartrukk Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,634 posts

Thank you so much! The ravenguard display was done by my good friend Todd over at sincain40k.com.  He does incredible work!  I was really happy with the performance of the orks this year. It actually surprised me! I was not expecting them to be so brutal!!! Appreciate all the compliments and continued support, it is super appreciated and makes me all happy in my mek brain.

greggles

greggles

Wartrukk Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,634 posts

Hey everyone! Just threw up another trust in rust battle report from Adepticon 2018!  Faced some sweet admec on a beautiful table!

http://www.feedyourn...superior-robots

5h1q4Tl.jpg

If you just want to look at photos and don't feel like visiting the website, go here.

https://imgur.com/a/iwbT0

• Badfang Brassaxe, Jurand and Tomas Azmond like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,260 posts

Nice eye candy :thumbs Is the Kniggit new - don't remember seeing it before :?  oh, and your opponents' Martians looked the part too :cheers

• greggles likes this

greggles

greggles

Wartrukk Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,634 posts

Thank you very much! Same looted knight as in the previous posts.  He has gotten a fresh lick of paint though.  Did another layer of enamels and chipping on him, to bring him in line with the rest of the mob.  I am currently reworking his base (he DEMOLISHED so many ad mec robots) to include a crushed admec robot, with a grot pulling off the arm and another grot wearing the helmet.  I'll take new photos when that is all completed!  I do have another looted knight I'm reworking as well.  With the new release of those mini knights, might try to do a whole slew of looted goodness!

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,260 posts

It's always good news when other armies get neat new shineys we can trash'n'loot :biggrin

• greggles likes this

greggles

greggles

Wartrukk Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,634 posts

Just ordered two to loot :)

greggles

greggles

Wartrukk Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,634 posts

Put up my other battle reports and pickup games and how I transported the walkers on the plane!

http://www.feedyourn...dly-and-pickups

20180323-144623_orig.jpg

On the hobby side, I have begun re working the 2nd looted knight, so it can be played as a morkanaut.  Both knights are going to get some custom bases (moving away from the resin bases) with some cool bitz you will all love.  I also ordered two of those new mini knights, going to kit bash them as deff dreads!  I think the eventual idea will be a majority of the army will be looted in this style I've hap hazardly created...which is being rubbish at modifying plasticard, so just kitbashing like mad.

• Zagursnik, Badfang Brassaxe, Giganotosaurus and 1 other like this

Tomas Azmond

Tomas Azmond

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 17 posts
  • Army Name:Kaptin Krumpa's Buccaneers

Awesome write up man, Thank you for taking the time. REALLY looking forward to your looted mini knights!

• greggles likes this

greggles

greggles

Wartrukk Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,634 posts

Thanks! Me Too! Sucks the morkanauts fell out of favor, hard to find the KFF bits!  (Wanted to do a double KFF on the backside)

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 254 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls

Have you tried the kill tank after they nerfed it in CA? On paper it sounded like it's overpriced now.

• AnthonyS likes this

Metal elitist & into game/level design.

greggles

greggles

Wartrukk Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,634 posts

I don't have one to try.  I also try not to play SH's unless my opponents have them, so they don't usually show up too often.  I did play the stompa in 8th, so disappointing, basically everything is better then it is for the points.  It needs a total rework.  (it died on turn 2).

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 459 posts

Great pictures and bat-reps as usual. Can't wait to see what you do with the looted robots.  What a clever way to transport your mob even if you wound up straining yourself. I think I'll stick with bubble wrap, I'm getting frail in my old age.  :scowl

• greggles likes this

greggles

greggles

Wartrukk Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,634 posts

Well I'm going to use a little collapsible roller cart next time.  I'm in my 40's and my back isn't what it used to be!

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 459 posts

Greggles, you have three Mantic Marauder Raptors, about how big are they?  :?

greggles

greggles

Wartrukk Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,634 posts

The trike buggy things? Do you need size comparisons or measurements?

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 459 posts

Measurements if you would please greggles. I have the opportunity to obtain a chassis or two online, and I was curious how large they were compared to GW buggies.

Many thanks!