Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help needed to build a full orc warband

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Tof

Tof

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 24 posts
  • Army Name:Freebooterz
My friends and I have decided to start playing at Mordheim for a change. As an avid 40K ork player, I would like to set up an orc warband to enter the upcoming campaign. Main opponents will be Skaven, Empire and Elves. Could you please tell me what do you think about this list? I would like to keep some variety for modeling purpose. Ork Boss with axe, sword and bow Ork Shaman with sword and bow Two Big Uns with sword and axe Three Boyz with clubs Two Boyz with bow One Boyz with axe One Boyz with spear and shield Total is 499 GC. Headcount is 11 orcs. Thanks.
Tof
2nd Edition Fan

Badtredd

Badtredd

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 139 posts
  • Army Name:Da Thunda Crunchaz
This might be too little, too late, but I thought I'd point out that Orc models cannot take Clubs/Hammers/Maces. It is not an option in their wargear list. It is for Goblins, however.
"WA HA HA! Dis iz Ruddz Badtredd speekin out ta all you stoopid fraggin gitz! We'z da Thunda Crunchaz, cuz we iz fasta dan lightnin an' arda den thunda! So yez betta start prayin ta Gork an' Mork dat you getz killed 'fore we REALLY startz puttin on da URT! WA HA HA HA HA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!" - Warboss Ruddz Badtredd

Kiwi Ork

Kiwi Ork

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 216 posts
  • Army Name:Strogg's Loota Boyz
The official errata for Mordheim did allow clubs for 3gc.

Tof

Tof

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 24 posts
  • Army Name:Freebooterz
Thank you for your replies. I won my two first battles with this very same list last Saturday. I am saving up to buy a Troll for the rest of the campaign.
Tof
2nd Edition Fan

Dahag

Dahag

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 1 posts
first of all, congratulations for the first two victories :) however, I'd suggest some changes that would still be possible to make rulewise although your first game is over already: No bow on the shaman (he can't only cast a spell OR shoot (at least that's how we play it)). any future orc boys you may want to buy: put them into groups of 1 to maximize your chances to get your 5th and 6th hero as soon as possible. Many heroes allows to get more experience more quickly and first of all provides you with more money (as only heroes can look for wyrdstones). squigs are really awesome, especially at the beginning of the campaign. so I would try to get 2 goblins and 2 squigs at sometime in the near future. but first of all I would endorse your plans to buy a troll. It's a pain to get those 200gc together. but once you're in possession of one the real fun is just going to start :) be aware though that your funds will be charged with 15gc after each game, so financial progress from that point on will be a little slower than before buying the troll... anyway good luck with your greenskins! btw. what do you mean with "empire"? mercenaries? (which ones if so?)