Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Question about base size

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 956 posts
I'm not certain if this should go here or in the fortress, but here goes. I'm trying to bring my old rogue trader and 2nd ed models into the new millenium and I remember seeing that terminators were on larger base sizes. Are Mega Armor Nobs supposed to be on larger bases as well? If so, what size are those bases? I also noticed that dreadnoughts are on larger bases. What size bases should I put my old dreads and killa kans? thanks

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,775 posts
  • Army Name:Freak'd out Skulls
There are several bases and You are interested in 40mm ones. 60 mm are for Dreadnoughts (metal Killer Kans were with 40mm but fit on 60mm [GW FAIL], now only 60mm). 25mm are for normal infantry (excluding HQ units that are on 40mm too, no matter PA or not). I'm pretty sure that GW write what base is needed on their webstore.
Moldmaking tutorials [part 1] [part2]

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Lobotomy

• Boyz
  • 744 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz
Don't know if you drink much coffee but 'Douwe Egberts' comes in 100 & 200gm. sizes with glass stoppers, which have plastic inserts in them, which (when removed) can be used to cast round bases remarkably similar in size (i.e. identical) to the MAN (40mm) and Kan (60?mm) bases used by GW - tho the 200gm lid does require a 'puck' to be cast into the bottom part and covered with greaseproof paper. ;)

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 956 posts
Pardon my confusion, but I think what I am being told is that MegaNobz use the 40mm bases, and Kans used to use the 40mm ones as well, but now use the 60mm ones?

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Lobotomy

• Boyz
  • 744 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz
S'right - MANz,Warbosses & big Meks are all on 40s, kanz & dredds on 65s