Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gorkamorka Terrain

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Easy E

Easy E

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 260 posts
  • Army Name:Rotgutz Skulsmash Reeverz
Cool! Also, love that background! I should put my table out and get a pic of it.
4th Annual Aeronautica Imperialis Campaign-Blood and Irongard

Da Bikers

Da Bikers

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 184 posts
They’re coming along nicely; I'm looking forward to seeing how they come together. That reminds me, I really need to get around to making some terrain...
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 433 posts
Cheers for the compliments, guys!

I had a few minutes this evening after going out, so I did some work on the smaller of the two towers:
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

Ryan

Ryan

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
looks great :thumbs one question, where on earth do i get soem fine mesh like that? ive looked all over

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 433 posts
Do you mean the plastic stuff or the metal? The former is often called "granny grating" and can be bought from sewing/knitting places. The latter is for repairing damage to cars and can be bought at any half decent auto parts shop. Does that help?

Ryan

Ryan

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
it was the metal i was on about, dose it have a product name? see if i can grab some off the net or somthin

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 433 posts
I've never looked for a brand name as it's a pretty generic product. Here's an example of what it might look like, for example. It's usually pretty cheap.

Easy E

Easy E

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 260 posts
  • Army Name:Rotgutz Skulsmash Reeverz
If you go to most Hobby or Fabric stores and look int he needlepoint/knitting section you can find it.
4th Annual Aeronautica Imperialis Campaign-Blood and Irongard

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 433 posts
I've never seen the metal mesh for sale there. Does it have some other name? I only know it from car stores.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,820 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
Easy E is right, you can sometimes get sheet metal mesh from hobby stores. I bought an A4 sheet last year from a general hobby shop. It wasn't exactly what I wanted (I wanted metal-style textured plasticard) but it can be found. Not really sure on the product name, as when I bought it, it had no packaging. The mesh I got from the hobby store seems finer than yours Flamekebab, it has much smaller spaces between the metal. I assume it is used for hobby enthusiasts for making fencing. You can get it, and it's fairly cheap. Think it was only about a quid or so...

Boss Gobbstompa

Boss Gobbstompa

Warbike Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,535 posts
  • Army Name:Gobbstompaz Looty Gitz
Thinking about that tower, there should be some kind of rule about destroying the tower and having it collapse, similar to breaking down the door on an Ork Fort.
Nkelsch on the differences between disembarking from open-topped vehicles and closed vehicles.
QUOTE (nkelsch @ Dec 10 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Compare a bunch if drunk rednecks jumping out of the back of a pickup truck VS a bunch of old ladies getting off the bus.

BLAAAGH!!! Gobbstompa (WIP/Magnetizing tutorial)
WAAAGH!!! Gobbstompa (finished models)
The Legend of Gobbstompa (fluff)

Da Bikers

Da Bikers

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 184 posts
Yes, I agree. That would be great - anyone feel like making some rules? (I'm currently trying to come up for something for trailers but I never seem able to get around to actually getting more of it done.)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Gorbludd

Gorbludd

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 60 posts
  • Army Name:ORKS
Just made these within the last two weeks!

Fort front
Posted Image

fort left
Posted Image

fort roight
Posted Image

Orky Home Kompanion
Posted Image

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 433 posts
Impressive stuff! Did you base it on the studio fort in Da Uvver Book by any chance?

Gorbludd

Gorbludd

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 60 posts
Yeah, there was some inspiration there.

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 433 posts
I'm thoroughly impressed by the speed you got it built and painted in. Takes me forever to get things like that done!

Gorbludd

Gorbludd

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 60 posts
well, I was on a roll and I know that I wanted them to be built and painted before my first game (in which the Kompanion made an appearance) Oh yeah, a glue gun works wonders also...