Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

questions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Gun_wun

Gun_wun

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 55 posts
Hello, I'm new to the Waaagh, been lurking for some time (whatcha expect a sneaky Git worth is salt to be doin after all). I just got bit by the BFG bug, and have 2 questions. Is there a good place to find opponents. Seems like they are far and few in between. My second question is what are the dimensions of a brute ram ship? I've seen some posts where they talk about them, but could not find the dimensions. I measured a picture of one from an old GW catalog and it came out to be 2x3 cm. But I'd hate to start building only to find out I was too big or too small. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Gorlock

Gorlock

Buzzing Squig

• Grotz
  • 98 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Grimms' Pillaging Plunderers
A GW Ramship measures 3.5cm x 2cm. (but who says ya cant make one 15cm ? ) As far as finding other gamers, have ya tried your local hobby shop? I made a free Yahoo group looking for players in 2005...I was able to find like 4-5 other ppl in my area then.
***END OF LINE***

Gun_wun

Gun_wun

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 55 posts
Right on, thanks Gorlock. Ya, I could do them whatever size, but I wanted to keep them similar scale. Ive never worked in this scale before so it should be interesting project. Ya, I got on a list that had a player data base, but they are far and few in between. 2 other guys in my state. Ill check with the hobby/game shops although they are getting to be far and few in between also. Thanks for the advice and help. If I manage to build what Im wanting Ill post dem. Thanks!

Gun_wun

Gun_wun

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 55 posts
Questions, Questions, Questions. So as Im building and thinking about Me Ram Ships Im trying to figure out just how many orks call this rig home. I was looking in a Rogue Trader book (Battle Fleet Koronus) and it simply says under the Brute Ram Ship Crew: Unknown. So I looked at the Imperial Cobra-Class Destroyer and its crew was listed as 15,000 or so. So Im assuming that the ships are about the same scale, so should I figure around 15,000 Boyz, grots, and who knows what occupy the decks of a Brute Ram. I hopping to have something up for Gothic Comp as I have not seen any traffic here of anybody representing Da Boyz. Is anyone else here building for Gothic comp?

jerryrich77

jerryrich77

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 146 posts
  • Army Name:Da Sluggz
i'd like to make a squadron of Roks or brutes or a hulk..... alas my deployment would prevent any painting. lol mabye next year.... roks would be easy here... there seems to be an abundance of rock here in AF. LOL i think its there number one resourse..... next to easily brainwashed locals... WOOHOOOOOO go go 3rd world countires!!!!
Too err is human, to thump anyone who saw you err is orcish.

Gun_wun

Gun_wun

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 55 posts
Thanks for the reply, I guess space is a big empty space after all Ya, I think about Roks and a hulk. Ive got this idea of how I want my hulk to look, but Im going to need to get some other projects finished first. My problem is no time. Im self employed, got a kid and wife. So it leaves very little time for my toys. Got a Kill Kroozer on deck that Im really wanting to get on, but need to finish my Ram Ships first. If I jump projects the Rams will never get done. Im hoping to enter them in Gothic Comp, but Im running up on the deadline and am not sure if Ill make it. So I need to stay disciplined. Speaking of disciplined, Right on Solider thank you! Hopefully when you get back to the world you can get back to building and painting.

Lost Boyz

Lost Boyz

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 453 posts
  • Army Name:Lost Boyz
I am doing some ork ships just for fun (not a lot of opponents around here either - but I gots da BFG bug!) Someone gave me a ram ship. You know what it looks like? An 'epic' sized battlewagon. Soooo.... I spotted some on Ebay real cheap. They look good with some creative wheel-removal and putting a fin on the bottom... Just an idea for you. They would be quick to make.

Gun_wun

Gun_wun

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 55 posts
Thanks for the response. Ya the little bit of snooping around I have done has left me with nobody around here playing BFG. Im just really hooked on the concept of Orks flying around in space, looking to loot and fight. I must say Im having fun building Da Ships and it is a great change of pace from my normal 28mm projects. Im hoping that when I get back to the 28mm scale stuff that Im going to say wow they are giant. We will see.. Still a bit worried about throwing down paint on my ships. Im excited about getting to that stage, but Ive got reservations all the same. Ive been told they will be pretty forgiving at that small scale, and should turn out fine. As for the Brute Ram ships, ya they do look like Battlewagons. I think I seen somewhere on the net where someone converted some epic scale battlewagons to Brute Rams. I thought it was pretty cool. Im not sure exactly why I started scratch building to start with. I tend to convert everything I touch so I guess scratch building is a natural progression with the hobby. Yes buying some Rams would be quick, but unfortunately I dont think I do anything quick. Perhaps a touch of OCD! Hey Id love to see what you did with your Ram Ships. Perhaps you could post some pictures, that would be great! I think Im going to throw in the towel on Gothic Comp. Im running up on my deadline, and I tend to paint slower than I build I just added another bit to my collection that is in a dry dock being retrofitted, converted, chopped and modified to become another Brute Ram. Ive got a second bit sitting at me desk that is also screaming Do me, Do me, I want to GET SOME too. So as the Mad Mek once said, I gotz ta build it Looks like Im going to have 2 more ships to add to my collection. I contemplate starting another post for DA Squig Pack thats what I think Im going to call them, but it looks like Ive got a bunch of stuff started here that relates to the same project. Take care and thanks again for replying to my post!