Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ork Town Mayor's Office

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
Real life has once again zogged me on the noggin’ and kept me away from all things orky for too long. Things are hopefully changing now and I’ve managed to make good progress on my first piece of proppa terrain - a looted bastion to serve as Gaf-Naz’s Ork Town Mayor’s Office.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The front door and ‘fluffy’ the guard-squig’s kennel.
Posted Image

No proppa bad moon boss would have an office without a kustom monoliff out front. ;) The Ork Town ‘Oomie Liaison Officer is inside the cage - he acts as Gaf-Naz’s spokesman to the ‘Oomie slaves and trade contacts. The fantasy giant head is meant to be that of a recently krumped demon prince that Gaf-Naz defeated whilst on his recent sojourn from Ork Town.
Posted Image

The boss’ drops are full of tasty shrooms and squigs, and an ideal place to display his trophies.
Posted Image

The outflow from the drops is siphoned off and distilled, and sold as premium squig fuel to the Ork Town residents.
Posted Image

The drops will be filled with some sort of murky resin / water effect once painted.
Posted Image
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
The shop by the entrance sells all sorts of dakka at reasonable prices. :dakka
Posted Image

The turret mounted ‘soopa mega ultra gatla kannon uv deff’ got a bit out of hand when I was building it! :eek
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I’ve also started on some plants for the drops. The bullrushes are pins dipped in pva and sand. The reeds are bristles from a brush.
Posted Image

Still to do:
- finish detailing the end of the turret gun;
- add some pistons or a cog to the turret underside to allow it to raise and lower;
- add an orky disguise / cover to the sekret entrance;
- base the whole thing on some mdf.

Building this has been fun and I’ve got some more terrain planned for future projects - after I’ve built my nephew a model of Hogwarts!

All feedback appreciated. :cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

KiLLa WaTT

KiLLa WaTT

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 12 posts
  • Army Name:Killa Watt's Scrapyard Boyz
WOW. Just, WOW :love . That is just so dang awesome, defiantly one of the best large terrain pieces I have ever seen. And I laughed so much when I saw that the turret gunner is using a giant pair of binoculars for spotting :search , and "over doing it" is just the 'oomie way of sayin' dat u was struck by da inspiration uv Gork or Mork when buildin' da gatla kannon uv deff :dakka . The only thing I could say would be defiantly stick this sucker on a mdf base, as it will be easier to handle when moving it around while gaming, and maybe add some small details on the sides of the hill on the little areas, like weapons and helmets from long dead gits and 'oomies foolish enough to try and assault the fortress :choppa . I look forward to seeing some of these ideas you have come to life in the future, after you build a model of Hogwarts; now is it going to be a 'normal' version or one that has plenty of dakka :dakka and is dead 'ard an proopa :). :cheers
"On the moon, the weekend has advanced beyond your wildest dreams. Weekends now take up the entire week, and jobs have been phased out accordingly." -Ignignokt, Mooninite.

NCODB

NCODB

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 972 posts
This looks absolutely fantastic, Gaf-Naz! I'm yet to try my hand at building terrain, but i doubt i could ever get to make something as brilliant as this. That gun on the top is just down-right proppa, especially with all the detailing on it. Very tempted to loot that design for my own purposes. :biggrin

Keep up the good work! Would LOVE to see more! :thumbs
Set all weapons to "War Crimes".

Current Main Project:
Adeptus Mechanicus army commission.

b0und in3rtia

b0und in3rtia

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 718 posts
  • Army Name:Mekunized Blood Axe Deff Core
:! :thumbs This is just off the chart cool man. your attention to detail... the way your hill looks is just top rate... I wish I had 1/2 the skill you have shown on this project.
Got Waaaaaaagh!!?!!?!?!?
"Killa Kanz down Deff Coptas up Dis is how we like ta KRUMP!! " -=Looted=-
My Photobucket of Orc stuff.

Spores of Anarchy Ash Waste Nomad Chapter

Teek

Teek

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 69 posts
Simply brilliant work! We've all seen looted bastions, but this takes the cake. Everywhere you look, there's more detail to be found. I'm in awe. I'm also saving the pictures and scribbling notes like mad. Err, for R&D purposes, of course... I love the chain of trophies, and the turret on top is very well done, but the bit that really won me over is the custom ork-face door. I'm a stickler for small details, and that's one detail that really puts this whole project over the top. Love it!

Black Bird

Black Bird

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 200 posts
Fantastic! In a league of its own. You could spend a looooong time looking at that and still see new stuff. The sign of pure genius... evil genius, but genius none-the-less! :thumbs
Cheers,

Black Bird

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,476 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Da Mayor is back! Oh and what a return. You've outdone yourself, GafNaz, ya teef-sodden git. I'm always happy when I see someone take the trouble to model da drops, but to provide the refinery as well... sweet! And I gotta agree with Teek, the door is the capper. Brilliant.

And dis...

turret mounted ‘soopa mega ultra gatla kannon uv deff’

...got a HUR HUR HUR out of me.

:cheers

PS you will be unhappy to know that I am still struggling with painting the Ruzzbot. Or perhaps happy because I have not butchered it. But at any rate I am trying to give it the love and attention it deserves. Welcome back to Ork Town. Perhaps your return will inspire others to contribute some more residents.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,346 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Thunda Speed Freeks
Zog me... :eek It's... it's... it's bootiful :( Jus' brings a tear to dis old git's eye. That is some seriously fine work there... I want to see this one painted up! most impressive!
______Agatheron \_______
--Remember, long, uncontrolled bursts,
and indiscriminate target selection.
____________________________/

http://chaplainsbrush.wordpress.com/

Gridlocked

Gridlocked

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 289 posts
  • Army Name:Deathskullz Partybus
Jaw droppiningly amazing.

Its the PERFECT orky centerpiece for a standard game or Apoc, the capital building in CoD, and a 'uge bastion in PS.

You sir, you deserve a looted komisar hat just for this amazing piece of orkyness. This NEEDS to go down in the Oilers Blooprints as how to make a great orky piece of terrain. IT NEEDS TO BOSSES!

Dis makes me WAAAAGH!
Ya can't spell WAAAAAAAGH wi'out..... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

Appears to be online, all the time.

Any soldier who, in the face of the enemy, runs away, or shamefully abandons his post or guard, or induces others to do the like, or casts away his arms or ammunition, or attempts to take his own life shall be shot on the spot. (Art. 8055/14v) ~ The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer

Big Mek Orktapus

Big Mek Orktapus

squig attack arm

• Deathskullz
  • 465 posts
  • Army Name:Da Skrappas
:eek wow...just wow...one of the coolest pieces of scenery I have ever seen.
Deffskulls: if it ain't bolted down its fair game...and if it is they will still try to "loot" it.

Da scrapas

big mek boomsnik

big mek boomsnik

Steel Teef

• Evil Sunz
  • 668 posts
  • Army Name:waaaagh goreteef
wow amazing job what was used for the top of the bastion?
and to save brushes you could use this for the reeds
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3a5a599e32
By the end of the week will it be Penelope the Piece of Pansee Dung?-dim reapa
Eh, it's a post about Ke.lets, going off topic is just getting into the spirit of things frankly.
-penelope the wonder pony
my waaagh blog http://minilink.me/mekkin%20blog!/ pic heavy!

HDaen

HDaen

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 218 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Grognatz
holy hell that looks beautiful! :love :love :love Quickly: paint it up so it can be even more inspiring!
"Wot, this? Naw, I've had this fer ages. Of course the paint's still wet, it's me favourite. Sell it to ya if you like. One careful owner." - 'Fingaz' Rutzeg

crazy dentist

crazy dentist

Crazy Dental Werk

• Boyz
  • 310 posts
  • Army Name:Da Red Daggerz
Hahahaaa ... Yeah this is nice humble space for ya too many teef havin' yellow git. (notice the envy) :D

Grot with no name

Grot with no name

Flesh Eater Squig

• Grotz
  • 89 posts
  • Army Name:Mickie da Drinkkas Booze Cruzzas
this is so awesome! At my club, im the one that gets lumbered with building the terrain. But you have shown me that terrain building can look better than the figs!!!! I cant wait to go out and build an ork town now!!!!!!!
Russel Crork: kickin ass and krumpin heads and fightin round the world!

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Dethkopta Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,712 posts
  • Army Name:Bad Moons(Waaagh! Skargrim)
Nice! Now I gotta follow your Ork Town 1 & 2 links, just to look at them again! :D

Rombo

Rombo

Stainless Steel Skull

• Bad Moonz
  • 567 posts
  • Army Name:Orks
I can't say anything that hasn't been said yet. It doesn't matter what I do, somebody puts me to shame sooner than later, people like you make me improve so much... :cheers
Orks are born green and that makes them proppa, others need to die and rot for a couple weeks. The waaaaagh is the universe's way to make everything proppa

Dreg Gor Ug Urty Dakka's Faktory boyz http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=28584

snogrott

snogrott

Paint Squig

• Grotz
  • 99 posts
fantaisc work, i love the atenton to detaila dn balance of the piece just stunning. i never relaised orks had mayors and i am pretty sure they dont have offices ;) truely great work i cant wait to see it painted

kakita

kakita

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 123 posts
  • Army Name:Da Bruvverhood ov Steal
That's hooojmungous and a really, REALLY great job on the designs! All the detailing like the drops and the guns are just killer! I've got nothing bad to say right now. I'm just going to sit here and bask in the glory for a bit. :cheers
Here Be Geeks, a minis, games and comics blog

My Coolmini Site

DocNuK

DocNuK

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 890 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play
good to have you back. a wonderful peace of work in your unique style. and more than worthy for ork town. looks like the reason we didn't see you the last month :)
In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.