Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gobsmasha (finished)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

MichiK

MichiK

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 10 posts
Hello! This week I've progressed quite far with a tank which probably is described best as a gobsmasha. So far, I'm quite content with the result (of course I still have to add the commander and, obviously, I have to do something about those tracks, but that's simply - well - work...). But what I'm really stuck with currently is the barrel on top of the engine compartment: Just red is boring and I'm completely lacking a smashing idea how to paint it. Any suggestions? Michi

Attached Files

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
Well on a red paint job like that you could add flames or dags along the edges of the armor. I'm thinking yellow in color. Looks promising ya zogger. Jobs a gud un. :thumbs WAAAGH! da gobsmashas
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

MichiK

MichiK

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 10 posts
Thanks for the :thumbs , hackbash! Actually, I've been already pondering on flames for a while, but eventually decided against them on this particular vehicle. The body of this tank is quite fragmented into tiny surfaces, which pretty much leaves the front plate as the only suitable place. (Besides, I'm pretty enthusiastic how the preshading turned out, and I don't want to mess this up with a possibly mediocre paint job with the flames. Yep - I'm a chicken!) Currently, I tend towards an emerald green barrel with some traces of an ulcerous yellow ooze leaking out - I shall try this tonight in photoshop... Michi

MichiK

MichiK

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 10 posts
Hi!

The tracks are reworked, the barell is green, the tank boy is done - in short: My Gobsmasha is finished.

A few more words for those who are interested: The model is based upon Kampfflieger's 1/72 scale cardboard kit of the WW I Ford 3-ton light tank, printed at 60% of its original size.

There's a construction report at http://www.kartonist...p?threadid=3927. Sorry, German lingo only, but the images should speak for themselves and there's alway a chance that babelfish has a good day and produces a meaningful result!

Michi

Attached Files

Ghudra

Ghudra

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
Awesome work & great detail! :thumbs Using the printout as a template worked really well. It ain't easy making folds & cuts at that level & my hats off to you!