Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Yella wunz go fasta

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Vermis

Vermis

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 25 posts
Bad Moonz Speed Freeks, but not all the time. With a few extra minis it should be easy enough to flip between Ghazghkull's generic list and the Speed Freeks list; and it'd be unorky not to take gargants and stompas sometimes. :D

First step, small acorns. Some WIP gunwagons.

Posted Image

Far too much work for just a couple of models, partly because I didn't plan much and fudged it as I went. And I still have to sand down some surfaces and add a bunch of panel lines and rivets. You should see how many pre-rivet holes I stuck in the looted rhino. I even made a tool to help me make loads of rivets. Huge mistake, probably.

I don't regret the glyph plates, though. I think they need more of those. :biggrin
www.minisculpture.co.uk - a place for pushing putty and slicing styrene.

Ghudra

Ghudra

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
The greens look good & I'm sure you'l forget how long it took to make them once they are painted up. Besides, yellow will be fabulous for showing the great details you added. :biggrin

Vermis

Vermis

• Grotz
  • 25 posts
Ta. I hope so! Quick question: leman russ turret instead of chimera turret. Better? Attached File  Wagon_turret.jpg   33.16KB   8 downloads

Ghudra

Ghudra

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
I'd follow what the folks on TacComs are saying about the Russ turret. Seeing as how the "Looted Ruzz" was a standard for years for Orks, it really makes sense to include it vs the Chimera turret. Anything you won't base? I know the Epic community is split pretty evenly on base vs no base for vehicles, but are your super heavys getting a base as well? They do look good on the Gunwagonz. :D

Vermis

Vermis

• Grotz
  • 25 posts
Already started riveting the russ turret. ;) Back during my first steps into Epic I was going to go with no vehicle bases, but I think 40K/WFB spoiled me for that. I started to think it was 'weird' to have no bases (which is weird in itself). And then there's paranoia about the paint starting to wear and chip from being pushed along sandy or flocked bases. I thought about warmaster bases but I didn't like the extra space to the front and back of rhinos, or sticking two together for land raiders. Then I got some black game counters from EM4 Miniatures. They're not perfect, being slightly different heights, and a 25mm black counter would be useful for some things, but they're still my Epic base of choice. I have a real irrational stick up my backside about base uniformity and regularity. EM4's 25mm two-colour counters and GW's 25mm BoFA bases don't match the other counters. Coins have all that relief texture on 'em. I have a compass cutter and some plasticard (and a bit of practise scoring circles out of it) but I don't trust myself to match moulded or machined discs. Cardboard is right out! But now you've made me think harder about laser-cut plywood. Bah! Anyone fancy a load of polystyrene board game counters? Anyways, enough about my crazy nuttery. I'd planned 22mm counters for small or 'rickety' vehicles like those wagons. 31mm's decent for mid-sized vehicles like rhinos or chimeras. 38mm for bigger vehicles and superheavies, including any warhounds or supa-stompas.