Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ghost's Epic Waaagh

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Spectrar Ghost

Spectrar Ghost

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 45 posts
I've finally gotten up the stuff for a little Waaagh! I started Epic when E:A came out, and have 12k of Panzees, 7k of Steel Legion, and 4k of Baran Seigemasters. I got a bunch of E40K Ork sprues in a bundle a few years back, and they've sat unused. My local SG Club (Chicago) is getting together a big (something like 40-50K total) exhibition game set up for early June, and found ourselves long on pink, and short on green. I already had plans for a footy Ork army, with no vehicles whatsoever, to contrast with my Mech heavy SL and panzee. So I set about geting a Waaagh painted up (finally). In keeping with my footy theme, current plans are for 3k of Orks, including:

1 Big Warband with Warlord
1 Big Warband
3 Big Warbands with 6 Big Gunz and 2 Oddboy Upgrades
1 Big Kult of Speed made entirely of Warbikers.
1 Stormboyz Warhorde

I've put Nobz, Gunz, Bikers, and Oddboyz on kustom bases fabricated from .040 sheet styrene. Nobz are on 40mm x 12mm bases with only 4 holes.
Posted Image
Others are on 20mm x 20mm bases. Gunz are 2 Lootas and a SAG in a triangular formation,
Posted Image
Oddboys are beakie/TL Traktor Kannon. Bikes will be 2 to a base when I decide how to fabricate the bases.

My first Warband (with Warboss) is painted up. This and the other Plain warband will be Goff.

Posted Image
Nobz command with Warboss

Posted Image
Nobz

Posted Image
Boyz with Banna Wava - the Glyph is from the 40k transfer sheet

Posted Image
Boyz

Posted Image
Grotz

Posted Image
Group shot. Only the test stand has static grass so far, but they will all get a patchy covering eventually.

Next up is the first of the Warbands with Big Gunz, in Deffskull colors. I've got the gunz done except for tha bases, but the rest are very PIP. Pics upon completion.

Incidentally, I'm still looking for 2 Traktor Kannon. If anyone has some to spare, drop me a line. <Found. Thanks Verm1s.

Edit: my Epic stuff in it's entirety can be found at AWC/Epic Discussion
SG

Epic: Armageddon
Are you a soldier, or are you a general?

Nazbag

Nazbag

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 538 posts
  • Army Name:Nazbags New Boyz
Looking nice, it's good to see someone starting an epic army. I should have a couple of the old plastic Traktor Kannons going.

For  Laser Cut Terrain, Bases and accessories go toWar Games Tournaments

Zog

Zog

Wants Panzies

• Bad Moonz
  • 484 posts
  • Army Name:Zogs Boyz
Goff's then? Looking gud :thumbs
Gone crazy.... Back soon....

Spectrar Ghost

Spectrar Ghost

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 45 posts
I'm planning on doing klan specific formations. Goffz for the 2 unadorned Warbandz, a mix of Deffskullz and Bad Moonz for the Warbandz with Big Gunz, the Stormboyz will be Blood Axes, and the KoS will be Evil Sunz (sic). Half the KoS will be Boarboyz models - may do those as Snakebitez, or may hold off on Snakebitez for a future (not terribly likely) Feral army. However, I also have like 2k of Baran and 4Ks worth of fortifications, some of which I need to build still, to paint for the Big Game, so I may do more Goffs to start as a time saving measure. I'd then diversify on my own time. You know, I'd never noticed the forum automatically translates other armies to the Orky equivalent before the OP...
SG

Ghudra

Ghudra

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
Nice work. :D The static grass looks solid & helps to camouflage the circular bases. It almost has a swampy feel with the darker brown of the bases. Having those nobz bases reworked to fit just 4 looks great.

Spectrar Ghost

Spectrar Ghost

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 45 posts
Thanks. I'm really happy with how they turned out, given the whole warband took about 3hr to paint. THe bases aren't reworks so much as scratchbuilt. 2 pieces of 12mm x 40mm .040" sheet. The top one has 4 holes from a standard 1/4" hole punch, cleaned up with a drill bit (the punch is like half a mm too small). Glue 'em together, and rounded the edges with my trusty emory boards. The Stormboyz are gonna get the same treatment, as they are kinda wide too.
SG

Spectrar Ghost

Spectrar Ghost

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 45 posts
No pics yet; I've been lazy on my brushwork recently. Soon, I promise. The Deffskullz Warband is about half finished at this time. However, I've gotten the majority of the army built, at least. Of the 140 stands in the army, I have: 8 Grotz, 12 Boyz, 16 Warbikez, and 2 Traktor Kannon left to assemble. Still waiting on the Traktor Kannon, but I've at least got some "Trakked" down now. :whip I've finally decided how to base my warbikes. 30mm x 20mm base with no holes. I cut the bases molded to the bikes off with a razor saw. That way I don't need to worry about putty or figuring out how to cut out matching slots. Not sure if I'll be able to use the Warboars with that method, though, as the contact points are pretty teeny. We'll see. May need 16 plastic warbikes in the near future. Edited OP with link to ALL my Epic stuff, over at AWC.
SG

Spectrar Ghost

Spectrar Ghost

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 45 posts
It's been a bit. The Orks have taken a back seat to the Seigemasters I need to get done as well. However, I took a break from painting grey to get the second Warband done. It's in Deffskull colors, and is one of the three with attached Big Ginz.

Posted Image
Full formation - 4 Grotz, 4 Nobz, 12 Boyz, 4 Big Gunz, and 2 Soopagunz

Posted Image
Soopagun (beakie era Traktor Kannon), Big Gun (2 Lootaz and a SAG)

Posted Image
Grotz, Nobz, Boyz, and Boyz wiv Banna Wava.

They came out well, I think, but I will probably wait to do Moonz until after BfLP. They take too long to undercoat. If I have time, I will try. Otherwise they get Goff colors.
SG

Spectrar Ghost

Spectrar Ghost

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 45 posts
Managed to build the Warbikes I have available.

Posted Image

I still am short 7 individual bikers, so if you have a lead on plastic Warbikers, I'd be much obliged.

Also 'fixed' one of my beakie Battlewagonz. Thanks to Ghudra for the inspiration here, though the execution leaves something to be desired.

Posted Image
Posted Image

It's not as neat as I'd like, but I've got more tries...

I have a stack of Gunwagon hulls wothout turrets, and a stack of Medusas from my Armas, so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone.

Posted Image

I really like how this one turned out, unlike the Battlewagon.

That's all for now.
SG

Spectrar Ghost

Spectrar Ghost

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 45 posts
Little side project. A friend has asked me to rearm (no pun intended) a couple of Slasha Gargants he got without weapons. One he has, though I need to do a CCW for it. This is the second, though I need a right Soopagun arm.

Posted Image
Soopagun. Yes, it's a cut down Autocannon.

Posted Image
Gargant CCW. The blade is from the Boyz sprue.

Posted Image
The arms are pinned so as to be interchangable.
SG