Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fungi's AI Butcha Skwadron

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

The Fungineer

The Fungineer

Vampire Squig

• Boyz
  • 110 posts
The desert world Gordok is an odd world; the only planet-sized rock in it's solar system, and a truly monstrous one at that, over eleven times the size of Holy Terra. When Imperial surveyors first inspected the rock, it was declared an overly hostile wasteland, with a growing ork population on the southern hemisphere, and the northern dotted with dangerous yellow seas of sulphuric acid.
Roughly five hundred years later, an Adeptus Mechanicus exploratory fleet jumped out of the Warp in the system, and they're own investigation of the planet brought back intriguing new results.
The ork population was booming, with armies of crude trucks, tanks and giant cities peppering the sandy planet's surface. The orks had dug themselves in in great numbers around the ankles of the great mountains, which later turned out to be rich in seams of precious ores, and underground lakes of oil and prometheum.
The Imperium swiftly changed their view on the planet, and soon enough had a well defended string of refinery emplacements set up along the base of one of the mountain chains. They assumed the orks would be too busy attacking one another in their endless, petty squabbles to be interested in the industrial complexes so many miles away.
They were, of course, wrong.

The sensor array blinked and turned lazily in the searing heat of the Gordokkian morning. A morning which lasted over three days, which would then roll into the three day long afternoon, and then flop into the six day long night. The sandy-brown paint was flaking off the array, the harsh winds and sandstorms winning the battle of erosion.
The command bunker underneath was faring no better, but like all things Imperial, it endured. The bunker was nestled on a ridge of rocks overlooking the sprawling refinery complex beneath. Every now and then a chem-rich lick of flame would escape from the venting towers which reached high into the sky. The industrial mess of pipes and towers was ringed by a high wall dotted with towers, automated gun batteries and constantly manned bunkers. Surrounding that was another ring-wall, equally well defending.
Nadzak lowered his rusty telescope and flipped his thick goggles down. Yeah, he thought to himself, dat sneaky grot was tellin' da troof. Who'da guessed? He squeezed himself back into the battlewagon and slammed the lid shut behind him.
“Oi, git-face! Radio da boyz, we'ze goin' in!” He shouted, the brain-boy at the komm-desk turned to his gubbinz and relayed the message to the surrounding fleet of trukks, bikes, buggies, wagons, tanks, git-boxes, land-kroozas and deff-dreads. Nadzak cracked his gnarled knuckles gleefully as he jumped into the driving seat, revving the monstrous eighteen litre, V16 engine nestled deep within his wagon. Hocking a great gobbet of orky phlegm out of the mesh window, he kicked in the clutch and sent the weapon-bristling wagon reeling forward, spitting out great rooster tails of sand behind its teethed trakks. Feeling the adrenaline pump into his veins, he gave a great “WAAAGH!” that was soon taken up by the whole fleet.

Roughly three hours later, Nadzak's limping, wheezing wagon finally crawled out of range of the Imperial gun's range, and collapsed into a pile of mostly useless gubbinz. “Oi, Git-face,” He grumbled, turning to look at the brain-boy at the, luckily, mostly intact komm-desk. He chuckled as he saw a smear of green-red mush where the git had been. “Oh yeah, I knoo dat stikk-bomm went sumwhere! Hur hur hur.” Pushing himself up, he stomped through the wreckage and scooped up the radio-speaker. “Dis is da big-mek 'imself, Nadzak. Git Bomma Kommand on da line, I gots me some 'umies dat need a drokkin' 'uge bommin'! WAAAGH!”

Right! This here will be the start of my AI Sky Waaagh! I'm working on the models now, and will hopefully have models to show you gits tomorra!
So far all I've got is a Blasta Bomma, and two fightas. I've heard that Grot Bomms are the way to go, so I intend to get some of those soon. Do you guys have any advice for what else to get? I didn't want to boost my numbers too high without knowing what was good'n propa.

(Also, I apologise if posting fluff here is inappropriate, if so, I shall remove it.)
Check out my army blog here! http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=46059

Izzinatah

Izzinatah

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 36 posts
Sounds awesome - loving the fluff, very nicely written! Looking forward to seeing more; perhaps Rokkits would be good conversion fodder for the grot bombs?

The Fungineer

The Fungineer

Vampire Squig

• Boyz
  • 110 posts
Well I got my Blasta Bomma! I can't wait to get this baby painted. It still needs a name though...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As for using rokkits as Grot-bomms, it sounds plausable, and mich cheaper than the FW ones.

Leonardork Da Vicious

Leonardork Da Vicious

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts
Blasta bommas are OK but the blasta is all show. It gives you about the samre firepower as a fighta bomma and it's hadr to do a straffing attack at close range then pull up to release bombs in a bomb run. The only good thing about the blasta weapon is that it can fire at air targets and so might be OK as air-air defence against a head on attack.

The Fungineer

The Fungineer

Vampire Squig

• Boyz
  • 110 posts
I've played three games so far, and the orks have come on top by a country mile. I've noticed the weakness of the BB, but as all I've got is that, and two fightas, I make do with the tools I have. Those Imperials and fish'ead fishies don't stand a chance.

Leonardork Da Vicious

Leonardork Da Vicious

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts
Orks are a pretty good airforce to play with. The Ork bommas are hard to stop with 5 hits and loads of guns. Imperials are harded sto defend against because they can arm their fighters with long range weapons and attack from outside the range of the bommas shootas. I thought that the Blasta bomma was cool but when I got to use the fron guns they need to roll above average to have the same firepower as the fighta bommas guns. I think the best way to fly th blasta bomma is to scream in at altitude 1 straff the target with the nise guns and then pull up to altitude 3 to drop the bombs. This also slows you down so makes turning easier then you can dive back to altitude 1 to get away.

The Fungineer

The Fungineer

Vampire Squig

• Boyz
  • 110 posts
I tried that dive-bombing tactic before, it works a treat! Its rather hard to pull up in time to be able to drop the bomms from altitude 3, but its doable. My favourite 'tactic' at the moment i to give my fightas the Kustom Shootas upgrade, giving them two extra bursts of 8 shots at close range, making for an awesome sixteen shots, which really tears up anything in their way.

Leonardork Da Vicious

Leonardork Da Vicious

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts
Yep that Kustom Shoota Upgrade is pretty good and helps poor on the dice at close range. On thing you don't want to get into with Ork planes is a vertical game. Chaos and panzee can increase speed and climb two altitude at the same time. Orks can't the fightas can only climb one altitude and maintain speed. If you dive down you can't get back up. Interesting to note that the Ork word for bombadier is the same as load master. FWIW I think the best mission in the game is the one where both sides have some ground vehicles on the table as objectives and both sides can use bombers and fighters. Many of the other missions don't really seem to work. Giving the side doing the ambushing a larger force and initiative doesn't sounds like a good game.

Klawgut

Klawgut

the ginger haired squig

• Boyz
  • 437 posts
  • Army Name:Klawgut IronToofs tooflords
is aeronautica any good as a game?? i like the look of the models and want to play the "over the sulpha river" game but i aint got the models and am still building/ painting the stuff i got for 40k but if its a good game then i am up for getting the models. :?
"DAKKA DA CHOPPY STUFF AND CHOPPA DA DAKKA-IE STUFF!! WAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!" Warboss Klawgut

Praetorians
BTSWA

Leonardork Da Vicious

Leonardork Da Vicious

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts
I think AI is a lot of fun. It's fairly cheap to get into. You can have a lot of fun with a couple of packs of fightas and fighta bommas and the same on the other side. I have played large games with about 400 points of AI planes per side and it still works. Most of my games take aout 1.5 hours to play. Most of them never go the full distance. I think the game does a good job of blending a simple aircombat game with the feel for the 40K universe.

AI40k

AI40k

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts
Who is up for game. I live Jersey my home base is Jersey Shore Hobby Center

The Fungineer

The Fungineer

Vampire Squig

• Boyz
  • 110 posts
I hate to disappoint you, AI40k, but I live in the UK =p

AI40k

AI40k

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts
That's alright, at least I got a response.