Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Ork Rumours Thread

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
423 replies to this topic

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,555 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Thunda Speed Freeks
Right,

We've needed a new version of this thread for a little bit. The preview image of another Forgeworld Supa-Heavy Tank has really kicked this off.

I'll try to make sure any Rumoured images are stored in this initial post:

Upcoming Forgeworld Releases:
Forgeworld is in the process of developing a yet-to-be subtitled Imperial Armour Volume 8 that is rumoured to be released in Q1 of 2010. No further confirmation on the accuracy of Q1. Other rumours indicate later in the year.

Many of the vehicle kits and figures that will be part of this book have already been released and are available for purchase through Forgeworld found here:
http://www.forgeworl...RE_ORKS_21.html

A Brief summary of what has already been released as part of the IA8 project:
Nob Warbikes (Unit of 3)
Warboss on Warbike
Halftrakk
Decal Sheet
Trukk with Enclosed Cab
Battlewagon with Supa-Kannon
Gretchin Crew (11 models of 12 gretchin)
Big Trakk
Supa-Kannon*
Kill-kannon*
Big Zappa*
Big Lobba*
Flakk Gun*
Grot Sponsons
Mega-Dred plus 2 interchangeable weapon options (Kill Kannon & Rippa Klaw Arm)
Kill Krusha Supa-Heavy Tank
Mek Boss Buzzgob

Here's what appears to be a new Forgeworld Ork Supa-Heavy Tank based off of the Kil Krusha Chassis:
Posted Image

Upcoming GW Studio Releases:
Plastic DeffDread: -Release date March 2010
Posted Image

Posted Image

Plastic Killer Kans: -Release Date March 2010
Posted Image

New picture featuring Sprues from the Deff Dread, the Killer Kans, the Venerable Dread, and the Battle Missions Book:
Posted Image
______Agatheron \_______
--Remember, long, uncontrolled bursts,
and indiscriminate target selection.
____________________________/

http://chaplainsbrush.wordpress.com/

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts
  • Army Name:Bad Moonz
maybe u should add some of the old rumors which haven't be released yet such as the skorca 3d sketch, the flash gitz and "deff dread pic"ect...

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,555 posts
I'll have to dig out the links to some of those pictures. I'll get them up as soon as I can. I've now replaced the picture of the FW tank with another one I found that was a bit clearer. I love all the wires and cables hanging out of this thing. This one will definitely be a joy to paint :)
______Agatheron \_______

broodjeork

broodjeork

Ridin' Boar

• Boyz
  • 117 posts
a rumour from warseer was that IA8 is coming this year in Q1 and contains goff, evil suns and either bad moons or blood axes
if brute force doesnt work, your not using enough of it

Taytonclait

Taytonclait

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 326 posts
Reminds of that strange Swiss tank designed to fight in mountians. This one;

http://upload.wikime...5/51/S-tank.jpg

its a solid design though. Almost makes too much logical sense to be really orky (no shot traps, looks streamlined and efficient with a compact design and good protection straight on. A genius mek perhaps?)
Smash 'em, Bash em, Skin em alive!!

DaBlackGobbo

DaBlackGobbo

Flash Git

• Speed Freaks
  • 1,105 posts
  • Army Name:no name yet
whateer that thing is im gonna have to make one. it looks dead killy. cept for the lack of detail on the main gun. that could have been done better.
na na na na na na na na leader.....

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
Good work, Aga. There are persistent rumours of a plastic Warbuggy kit later in the year, and some of the more reliable sources seem to be confirming it's coming. The plastic Killer Kan is based on a confirmed release of 2 plastic Ork kits in March (one of which is definitely the Deff Dred), but it's not 100% confirmed. I wouldn't bother with the CAD images etc. I think things have probably moved on since they appeared. I really like that new FW model! It feels as though the FW sculptors are gaining confidence with the Orky 'look'. I agree that the gun could have been more interesting, and the positioning of the secondary weapons is a bit silly (especially the skorcha).
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

Urk Gobsmakka

Urk Gobsmakka

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 191 posts
  • Army Name:The white lightning tribe
Nice, I hope they start to do more of the different Ork subtypes, such as Ferals...

Flamin' Skullz

Flamin' Skullz

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts
  • Army Name:Da Flamin' Skullz
I agree with Oddballz over the positioning of the secondary weaponz. I could imagine that the lower armoured flankz would be suitable for Grot Sponsonz, but I would have prefered to have seen the secondary weapons at this level. However, it definitely lookz dead 'ard.

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts
positioned a bit silly is good..... its friigin stoopid well allthough....the whole Tank looks awsum..... i like it....

Skaven Dave

Skaven Dave

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 254 posts
  • Army Name:Grimfang's Ladz
This is awesome! However, could someone get the original photograph from the thread this was clipped from up on this thread? Whilst there was this Orky monstrosity on the left of the image rather dominating it, there was also what looked like a 6 wheeled attack vehicle, similar to a stretched buggy, on the right, which had been partially cut in half by the photo
...Hi, my name's Dave and I'm an Orkaholic...

Instructions on Landmines for Grots: Dig hole, place landmine, cover with earth, stamp down firmly...

Warboss Grimek

Warboss Grimek

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,284 posts
  • Army Name:Waaaagh Grimmo, till I come up with something original...
My sources tell me that the KK kit is gonna be a kit of 3 kans, but then that is based on the instruction manual, so it might just be a kit that has 3 varients to it you get to play with. I personally don't mind either way, as a kit with lots of options means lots of parts to recycle for other toys...

MTD

MTD

Snapper Jawz

• Boyz
  • 776 posts
  • Army Name:Black Dags and the Red Blitz
I suppose I'll have to see this tank in the flesh. I'm not particularly impressed as I find the tank a bit boring. Nothing we haven't seen here on the waaagh a million times. The fine detailing is really exceptional but the whole thing screams box with phallus to me.
http://mekaniacmachi...s.blogspot.com/

I'm a Nutter. I do commission work. PM me.

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts

My sources tell me that the KK kit is gonna be a kit of 3 kans, but then that is based on the instruction manual, so it might just be a kit that has 3 varients to it you get to play with. I personally don't mind either way, as a kit with lots of options means lots of parts to recycle for other toys...

heres my thought on this :D
as i hate GWs marketing policy to release stuff you wont use so you have to buy other kits
i think it shurely is possible that the package contains 1+ cans
how about two so you have at least to buy three packs to get 2 full squads :D

but naaah imho it will contain 3 models 4 weapon optionsand cost about 40 :biggrin

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,555 posts

However, could someone get the original photograph from the thread this was clipped from up on this thread? Whilst there was this Orky monstrosity on the left of the image rather dominating it, there was also what looked like a 6 wheeled attack vehicle, similar to a stretched buggy, on the right, which had been partially cut in half by the photo

The six-wheeled attack vehicle is the new Elysian Venator that will be part of the same release. Since technically it's a Imperial vehicle, it's not part of this thread, but you can find it here:
http://www.forgeworl....uk/taurven.htm
______Agatheron \_______

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
I have to agree with MTD about the new FW killkrusha variant. It looks cool. But I have seen plenty of models done ere by the likes of Krooza that blow that tank right out of da water. So my question is when is FW going to hire Krooza to make their Ork vehicles? ;) I like the sound of the plastic kans and dreads. WAAAGH! da plastic dread mobs
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Gorgrim Wurrax

Gorgrim Wurrax

Bag Squig

• Boyz
  • 104 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Wurrax

but naaah imho it will contain 3 models 4 weapon optionsand cost about 40 :biggrin

BOLS says like this about the prices:

beakie plastic box code 26.00 / US$43.00 / 35,00 / Oz$72.00
orks plastic box code 27.00 / US$44.50 / 35,00 / Oz$74.00
orks plastic box code 30.00 / US$49.50 / 39,00 / Oz$83.00
'umies plastic box code 20.00 / US$35.00 / 30,00 / Oz$55.00
'umies plastic box code 30.00 / US$49.50 / 39,00 / Oz$83.00
scenery plastic box code 15.00 / US$24.75 / 19,50 / Oz$41.00

While not specifically assigned in black and white, these comprise:

beakie Venerable Dreadnought
Ork Killer Kans
Ork Deff Dread
'umies Chimera
'umies Basilisk

It could be three plastics for 35. That price for one would be really expensive even for GW, and for two it wouldn't have dropped the original price so much that people would buy any more of them than they have bought the metal ones (at least I wouldn't).
WAAAGH WURRAX!
W-D-L
1-0-1

Gorgrim's Gorkkers
W-D-L
1-0-0

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts
  • Army Name:Bad Moonz

orks plastic box code 27.00 / US$44.50 / 35,00 / Oz$74.00

well seeing as 3 raveners are 27, and they were previously metal I can easily see this being killer kans

Kaptin Krunch

Kaptin Krunch

Flesh Eater Squig

• Grotz
  • 88 posts
I would be absolutely thrilled for plastic kans and dreads. I wannna footslog/dreadbash army.

Sluggard

Sluggard

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 22 posts
Over a warseer, de be saying that IA8 will cover black, Red and BLOO!!!!

Yellow, Brown and humie lovers will need to wait for IA9....

I 'ope dis is true.

Linky here
Sluggard woz ere