Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blood Bowl Underworld team

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Hasdrubal

Hasdrubal

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 297 posts
This is not Fantasy Orcs & Goblins per se, but more than 50% of the team is goblins and troll so I'll try to sneak it into da trophy rack as I don't yet have permission to post in da Fungus Beer hall. Mods, feel free to move the thread elsewhere in the forum if deemed necessary.

The troll:
Posted Image

This was my first try at airbrushing Foundation paints (Astronomican Grey for the skin), it went OK as I didn't clog the airbrush (even though I tend to end up with a slightly too diluted mix). Scales were done using Light Grey Green (PA Air range), a color close to Gretchin Green (GW Foundation). I am quite proud of the skull, on which I experimented the bone color scheme of the Eavy Metal as presented in Jan 10 White Dwarf. I believe it turned out rather well.

The skavens:
Posted Image

A close-up on one of them:
Posted Image

I wanted a dark set of colors on them. The purple robes aren't as dark in real life (blame my lighting set-up), which help differentiating them from the fur. The skin was an experiment, using Tallarn Flesh as a basecoat, followed by a wetbrush of Elf Flesh, then a diluted wash (2/2/1 Devlan Mud, Pa Air thinner and water) over the flesh. A seconf alyer of wash was used in some recesses, such as the snouts.

The goblins:

Posted Image

A close-up on one of them (could have used a bit more highlights on the head):
Posted Image

The skin was done using washes over a white undercoat, followed by a white wetbrush, then applying the same wash as used for the skavens.

Comments and criticism welcome!

Franck

Franck

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 26 posts
  • Army Name:Bloodied Axes
The team (the troll especially) is intense. Nice job.