Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Waaagh! uk meet 2010

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

Grishgrub

Grishgrub

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,495 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Grishgrub Ironklaw / Grimtin's Remote Kontrol orks
Hello once again!

Just what is Waaagh! Uk?

Waaagh! uk is an opportunity for members of the Waaagh forum from Britain to meet up in Warhammer World for two days of orkiness. Looking at pictures of models and reading people's tactics is all very well and good, but it doesn't quite compare to meeting them in the flesh and seeing their models firsthand.

When and where?

This year's event will be on the 20th and 21st of February 2010. The event takes place in Nottingham at; Warhammer World, Willow Road, Lenton, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 2WS. Directions to getting there can be found on Games Workshop's website, using the store locator, and Warhammer World's website can be found here. We all meet in the main hall around 10am on saturday, and go from there.

What goes on?

The main event of the meets thusfar has been the ork mega battle, which takes place on the first day of the meet (saturday) due to WHW being open for longer. The battle has a "finished models only" policy, because big games are so much more awesome when everything's painted! For examples, see this link to last year's meet.

The second day is much more relaxed - mega battles are awesome, but they can be quite tiring! Sunday is a great opportunity to chat to the other members, get a close look at that model you've always loved, play normal sized games against scumgrods and the like. There should be some fun mini games to play, too.

Around lunchtime on the sunday will be the much coveted Golden Grot painting competition and Styrene Spanna conversion competition! Last year's winners were Dribble Joy's warboss and Grishgrub's Battlewagon, but they'll not be entering those respective competitions this time round so get to work for victory! Winner is decided by vote; everyone present gets a vote, and ties are decided by an impartial passer by who probably has no idea what's going on.

Who's organising?
That would be me. If you've questions then feel free to either PM me, or post them in the thread so others can add input.

Where can I stay?

Nottingham's a big city with plenty of accomodation; personally I can recommend the Castle Marina Premier Inn, which isn't too far from Warhammer World and is nice and comfy. Anyone with details of other accomodation, get in touch.

How much does it cost?

Nothing! That is; the event itself is completely free, although you will need to buy yourself food and pay for some accomodation over the weekend. You can also get forgeworld stuff from the warhammer world store, so if you're after that kind of thing then don't forget the money for it.

So what do I bring?

Yourself, your models, food/money for it and, if possible, a namebadge. You're welcome to bring as much of your miniature collection as you'd like; you can only use painted stuff on the saturday and there may be a points limit, but you can do what you like with miniatures on sunday. Last time I checked you're allowed to use any models - in any state of assembley and from any company's range - as long as you're playing a game with GW rules. Speaking of which; rules, codex, dice, tape measure and templates would be handy.

As far as namebadges go, I myself am terrible at remembering names and I know some others are the same. If I meet a dozen new people in a day I'm not going to remember who's who and, since I've only encountered most of you on a forum, I don't know what you look like. Namebadges are pretty easy to knock together and, if anyone makes a particularly nice one, I might reward them with a prize. I recommend most follow a similar format to that shown below; forum name, real name and your forum avatar. Posted Image

I'm a minor, can I come?

Please get in touch with me via PM if you're under 16 and wish to attend the event.

Something else?

Have I missed something? Have you asked a question in the thread and I've not noticed? For any further information about the event, send a PM to waaagh! member "Grishgrub", and I'll sort you out as soon as I can.

I've actually had this meet's date booked since shortly after the last; each year there seem to be less and less available weekends that the meet could be held on! I didn't post the thread earlier because it seemed silly to plonk a thread down 10 months before the event, but there's almost half a year left to prepare! This event's been good fun in the past, and I should have some flashy new orks to show this time round. So, who's interested?

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,850 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
You know I'm down. I may find lack of holidays (when/if I get a job) prevent me closer to the day, but other than that, I will definitely be there - I might even have some Ork models with me!

Last time I checked you're allowed to use any models - in any state of assembley and from any company's range - as long as you're playing a game with GW rules.

I can confirm this (actually I'm probably the reason Grish knows) as a couple of years ago I used some non-GW tanks just so I had something decent to add to the Mega Battle. Also last year, I saw an army that was essentially a load of Star Wars stuff. They may have changed to the ruling, but its been there a few years and I've heard nothing to the contrary as of yet.

Dribble Joy

Dribble Joy

Skitzo

• Bad Moonz
  • 2,378 posts
  • Army Name:Nuggruz's Iron Klads.
I'll be there as ever.

mo0g

mo0g

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 402 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! mo0g
Cool stuff, bit far in advance to say whether I can definitely attend, but I will definitely try ;)
mo0g's Badmoons
mo0g's projects - Latest update: Kommandos (April '11)
Big Mek mo0g's Badmoon Blog (external blog)
Scratch Battlewagon - Now painted.
Rokkit Buggies - WIP builds
mo0g gets STOMPY - Optimash Prime Stompa build WIP
Big Mek Challenge VS Morfangdakka - An oldy but a lot of fun! (Lots of broken images, sorry) and the Voting thread. (more broken images...grr)

Other stuff:
mo0g gets tainted - Tzeentch-theme Chaos WIP
mo0g does Necromunda

Keg

Keg

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 718 posts
  • Army Name:Keg'z Mek 'Eadz
Damn you February! I want March. :( Damn legal laws. Yeah I'm down, I should have my stompa ready for then too. :biggrin Keg

eddie the troll

eddie the troll

Da Mole

• Boyz
  • 1,034 posts
  • Location:At the center of my universe, Whangarei, Noo Zeelund
  • Army Name:Which Army are we talking about?
If I'm here, I'm there :thumbs
the voices in my head sound better as a choir

War isn't about who's right... war is about who's left...

Sumus ubi Sumus

BlackSpike

BlackSpike

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,215 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! BlackSpike
It's not far to travel for me, so I hope I'll make it! My Grey Ka'niget foe works on Lenton Lane, so maybe he'll pop in for a bit too! ;) I may even have some conversions worthy of bringing along! :)
"The Orks are the Pinnacle of Creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn? And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and dismiss it as crude."

Redtoof

Redtoof

Stormboy

• Snakebitez
  • 1,391 posts
  • Army Name:Da Viperz
As usual I'd love to come and I will do my best to be there, but there's always the possibility of 'something coming up'. I'll let you all know closer to the time.

Toastee

Toastee

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 26 posts
I will hope to attend also. :D

Grishgrub

Grishgrub

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,495 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Grishgrub Ironklaw / Grimtin's Remote Kontrol orks
Dim, DJ, Keg, Eddie and Toof; It'd be great to see you all again!

mo0g; I appreciate that most people won't be able to be certain at this stage, but it's better than posting it too late for people to book holidays if they want/need to :yes

Blackspike; It'd be great to have you along! Quite the Evil Moonz waaagh you've got there.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,850 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

If I'm here, I'm there :thumbs

He's everywhere that git :lol

Blake

Blake

Explosive Kranium

• Snakebitez
  • 600 posts
  • Army Name:No name I'm afraid...
Nice one Grish. I'll be there if I possibly can. Hopefully for both days this time. I wonder how many squiggoths I can muster this year... hmm... *nestles into the modelling layer, grinning fanatically* (on a side note, I'll be 16 so that'll make things simpler :) )
I also brought in the new year by painting, although it was painting the inside of a toilet.
- Drew Da Destroya ('appy new year thread)

“There won't be any flogging on this one.” – Kaptun Krum (Book club thread)
Sproston Green’s reply - “Owwww. *slinks off, dragging whip*”

Da Grimpond

Da Grimpond

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 731 posts
well i can hope this time is third time lucky eh? always something messin up ma plans! but i would ike to get there this time!

Big Mek Teefordz

Big Mek Teefordz

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 121 posts
  • Location:Either Nottingham or Worcestershire, both in England
20th and 21st of February, eh? Probably the worst possible weekend you could have picked, as my Sporeday is the 22nd and my parents will probably want me home from University for the weekend. After last year though, I certainly want to be there, so I'll have to persuade them to let me stay. I'll have to confirm nearer the time. If I do show up, Teef will be bringing his Bad Moons and plenty of dakka. I really hope I can make it. WAAAGH! :choppa

pete1000

pete1000

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 155 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh Gobwalsh
Hi, I will be there in Ork Mode! Pete :thumbs

warboss snagrok

warboss snagrok

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 0 posts
  • Army Name:snagrok's death skullz
I'll have to figure out where warhammer world is first cos I've never been. :search But being in Durham means that I won't have to travel for long. :biggrin looking forward to going if I can arrange it :biggrin
'old on to da pin. throw de uder part.

what a grot iz to an ork, a snotling iz to a grot. short, annoying, paler and yummy!

magos_mechanicus

magos_mechanicus

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,353 posts
  • Army Name:Dok Ork's Lootas
Hopefully, I'll be able to make it this year, barring any Real-Life craziness :) If I can, I'll be bringing my newer, improved 5th ed army along with me (I've been lazy and not put up any pics on here yet due to my temperamental camera, but I'll get on to it :) )
~Nought to lose but my chains,
Internet feeds on my brains~

cookie

cookie

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 289 posts
  • Army Name:Warlord Wrecker's Grand Horde
BIG MEK TEEFORDZ, you've got no choice on the matter, i'll deal with the 'parents' :dakka :choppa and you see if i'm able to stay at your place. :cheers :cheers so yes i'll be there, one question? how many models should i bring?

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth

Dribble Joy

Dribble Joy

Skitzo

• Bad Moonz
  • 2,378 posts
  • Army Name:Nuggruz's Iron Klads.

how many models should i bring?

That depends on how many confirmed people we get and how big the megabash will be.

Generally speaking, bring 3-4k of what you have. I tend to bring everything I have though, as do a few others. It also helps for any other games we might have on the Sunday.

Da Grimpond

Da Grimpond

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 731 posts
i did wonder how many points people brought last time i guess as many superheavys as poss?