Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Looted Wagons

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

Rictus

Rictus

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 107 posts
To give me something to paint before the Storm'amma I started to knock up a Looted Wagon, this became two Looted Wagons.

I am easily distracted.

Looted Wagon 1:

Still WIP, early pictures:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sponson areas:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Rear (ignore the arrow):
Posted Image

Ram:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Rictus

Rictus

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 107 posts
Posted Image

Still need to finish the turret, add crew and a few other bits.

Before finishing that though I started hacking up another Russ.

Looted Wagon 2:
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

That one side skirt is as far as I have got so far.

DaBlackGobbo

DaBlackGobbo

Flash Git

• Speed Freaks
  • 1,105 posts
  • Army Name:no name yet
You do some nice work, but I think the turret on the first one is too big. But thats just a taste thing I suppose
na na na na na na na na leader.....

Warboss Narznok

Warboss Narznok

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 71 posts
  • Army Name:Narznok'z Freebooterz
Where could you get plastic card like that????

Ironhands.com

Ironhands.com

Da Ironhanded Git

• Grotz
  • 83 posts
There's some really nice detail work here. I like how your plates "almost" fit together. The step rungs, hatch handles, greenstuff welds and metal straps are all simple but effective (and oft overlooked!) details. Everything's got just the right amount of, idunno, scrap-ness :? to it. It's... so.... Orky! :love Looking forward to seeing these all painted!
http://www.ironhands.com
Terrain, Minis, Games, Costumes

Nazbag

Nazbag

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 538 posts
  • Army Name:Nazbags New Boyz
I love the GS welding, I think we need more welding.

For  Laser Cut Terrain, Bases and accessories go toWar Games Tournaments

theclash24

theclash24

Flesh Eater Squig

• Grotz
  • 89 posts
cooooool!
"ARGH! THEY SHOOTIN' AT ME WAGON!"

NCODB

NCODB

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 972 posts
Well, the body work i really like, however i do have a couple of things.

Firstly, that turret is really chunky (Zag - BEEFCAKE!), and if anything is too big (WHAT?!). The barrel looks very smooth (and thin-walled), could do with some barrel patch-work or a muzzle breaker. The turret chassis needs much more gubbinz over it, rivets, patch-work, etc, though extra stuff could be added in the painting proccess.

Secondly, the greenstuff used to make it look like welding looks too thick, Looks like it's covered in slugs. I'd probabbly use 2/3 to 1/2 of what's on there, and the indentations would need to be different. Weld indentations are a common mistake made by people. When looking at a weld, it should be running along a certain direction, and not too clumpy unless it's made by a series of singular spot-welds (not as strong-holding).

Posted Image
This sort of weld is what a good strong weld should be.

Posted Image
This would be what most people would think of with a weld, and even then, there's a slight flow to it.

The welding nit-picking may be a bit too much for Orks (highly unlikely they'd be so careful), but thought i'd make mention for future reference. ;)

Otherwise, this build is looking grand! :thumbs
Set all weapons to "War Crimes".

Current Main Project:
Adeptus Mechanicus army commission.

Rictus

Rictus

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 107 posts
Warboss Narznok: which styrene do you mean? I get all of mine from online stores. Usually 4D modelshop of Antenocittis, though most will do all of the different types if styrene I have used.

NCODB: The turret isn't anywhere near finished, only the front has been detailed. It is as big as I want it for the amount of detail and crew I plan to add to it, any smaller and it wouldn't work. The barrel is going to remain a simple tube as I want it to be just a tube the Orks have used, no rifling etc. This will be the same for the second Looted Wagon as well. I used to work with welders so I know these aren't accurate representation of real life welding, but for a 28mm scale Ork vehicle they are more than is needed as everyone sees them and instantly knows they are welds.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Hopefully I will be able to get back to the first Wagon and finish the turret and do some crew as well as getting underwat with the second Wagon.

Alienerd

Alienerd

Wartrukk Driver

• Grot Rebelz
  • 1,652 posts
  • Army Name:Rebel Grotz
ell personally I reckon orks would go overboard with welding etc, so I like it. You are one of those people who really annoys me beacuse you're so good at it all! ;)
How many kans can a killa kan kill if a killa kan can kill kans?

ikken

ikken

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 304 posts
  • Army Name:the grean machine
They look really nice. the turret does look a bit big for the chassis but that is more of a personal tast thing thananything awesome job

deamoncow

deamoncow

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,031 posts
  • Army Name:Da Gear Boyz
the walls of the gun look really thin
WAAAGH DA GEAR BOYZ!
Warboss~Gregza Un Bonzif da Stompy
Big Mek~Big Mek Dogbreff

If there is an Ork Stompa released by GW anytime this year I will eat my own genitalz winkingOrk.gif
~Kr00za

I'm holding you to this Kr00za, you better do it. Pics or medical forms as proof

HAMPSTER SQUADRON my webcomic! http://hamsquadcomic.googlepages.com/

'Eadbanga

'Eadbanga

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 21 posts
  • Army Name:'Eadbanga's Ded Killy Lads
Amazing, amazing work. Your Storm'amma showed what you can do with a little patience and a good idea. Can't wait to see what you can do with a smaller tank and a little less room to work with, maybe give me some ideas to loot lol. I personally think the turret size is fine, and will reserve any other judgements 'til i see what you have planned for it. And the welds i think are perfect, looks to me like some Madd Mek slapped his welds on fast and thick, "Da proppa way!". Keep up the good work and keep us posted on anything you do to them, i'll get my lootin' torch ready! :cheers

Komisarr Blitzrukk

Komisarr Blitzrukk

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 231 posts
  • Army Name:151st BloodAxe ellite
Loving all the little details your puting on. Keep up the good work!
"Wake up," He bellowed, giving the Weirdboy two quick slaps on the face. The Weirdboy opened one eye.

"Amber twelve..." said the Human voice. "Squig?" said the Weirdboy.

"No, Not amber twelve, squig, Princeps," said the human voice. "Amber twelve, ten..."

"Squig now!"

"Im sorry, Princeps Marnoc, I'll repeat that. No - I dont know what a squig is."

Story Time!

b0und in3rtia

b0und in3rtia

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 718 posts
  • Army Name:Mekunized Blood Axe Deff Core
:bleep Frag me that is great welding.. I am just about out of pipes and rivits n green stuff or I would be tryin soem of that on what i am working on, will have to store it away for when I resupply. :choppa
Got Waaaaaaagh!!?!!?!?!?
"Killa Kanz down Deff Coptas up Dis is how we like ta KRUMP!! " -=Looted=-
My Photobucket of Orc stuff.

Spores of Anarchy Ash Waste Nomad Chapter

grantface

grantface

• Grotz
  • 25 posts
That is some nice plasti-card work there! I like the spot welding. I don't think you should worry about it being too neat.... it's orky. :thumbs

Ranalcus

Ranalcus

Burna Boy

• Blood Axez
  • 400 posts
  • Army Name:Kommanda DurGob Grub-Boyz
Top notch plasticard work. Really good skills, it's (probably) 3'rd modeler using welding (in 101's you can find tutorial) at this forum. Your welding is perfect, just becuse is unperfect :thumbs. Armour plates on second LW, looks good, gives a WWII german tank look. First tank looks like KV tank, but now the tracks do suit it, they are to weedy. Gun barrel to plain, try to find a pic of looted tank from DOW.

Rictus

Rictus

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 107 posts
Cheers for the comments.

As I said earlier the barrel is staying as is as that is how I like them and see the Orks doing them.

Actually have an update to show. Second side skirt is now done:

Cheers for the comments.

Hull area & new skirt:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Old skirt reworked a bit:
Posted Image
Posted Image
As well as adding the pieces of styrene on the inside to match the first skirt and redoing the magnets I also got rid of the piece at the front, as it looked shite. Still need to fill in a couple of holes where the magnets used to be.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Eventually more detail will be added, glyphs, stowage etc. But this will get added further down the line.

DaBlackGobbo

DaBlackGobbo

Flash Git

• Speed Freaks
  • 1,105 posts
  • Army Name:no name yet
those are some quality schurzen. Im hoping for a king tiger style turret?
na na na na na na na na leader.....

nik

nik

• Grotz
  • 18 posts
  • Army Name:Orks
I was thinking that the HUGE turret is actually pretty orky! As long as it doesn't tip the tank on it's nose it's fine ;) I think this is going to look very nice. I can already see the rust and mud on it :thumbs
Send Warhammer Minis on Facebook - http://www.facebook....?id=25801533098