Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inspiration

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

reasnd

reasnd

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 276 posts
I was doing some searching the other day and came across this. I think it's one of the best Orky terrain pieces I've see to date. I feel I don't have a need for a stomper at the moment but this would be a cool addition to the battle field. May have to loot this idear.

Attached Thumbnails

• Mek_stompa.jpg

Guest_MaddaMek_*

Guest_MaddaMek_*
  • Guests
I would add cranes with head and plates, more shading and some paint.... But still its good piece of terrain, expensive as hell but usefull (can be some sort of objective)

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
That's quite nicely done, although the painting is a bit monotonous. I am wondering if my second Stompa kit might be best used as terrain. I was thinking of having it under construction, open at the back, and surrounded by scaffolding and ramps. That would look good, and also provide plenty of places to position models.
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

reasnd

reasnd

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 276 posts
If I was doing this I would probably scratch build the Stompa, to bring the cost down. As for the colours, I'm not sure that it's finished? Otherwise I'd have to agree it's a bit monotonous at the moment. Also agree with MaddaMek some cranes would be a nice addition.

Nonebutone

Nonebutone

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 690 posts
  • Army Name:Geargut'z Mekboyz
nother idea is to build terrain that fits around your stompa but is removable, so you can use it in normal games.
Da Umies say "If You build it dey will come" But every time I build somethin, dey run!.

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

I am wondering if my second Stompa kit might be best used as terrain.

Second kit?!? You nutter!
I got one second-hand and incomplete as a gimme from Orkfest (thanks to Clark Kent!), that would qualify for this purpose... and I like the idea of it being under construction. "...and now witness the power of this fully armed and operational... STOMPA!"

hur hur hur

Gotta agree that paint job is too monotone. Rust is good, but no structure that big is going to be so uniformly rusty.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

zinge

zinge

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 77 posts
Unless you use the rest of the stompa for various other projects - Head for a dread, and i'm sure there are othe vehicles and custom bits in that kit.
...Bugger this for a game of soldiers!

For sale - Flexible Ammo Belts and Feeds - Here

Sukz Da' Nob

Sukz Da' Nob

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 683 posts
  • Army Name:Da' Butchas of Bavgad!!!
I was thinking of picking up a few stompa hull/bodies on ebay, etc. to experiment making gun towers/ork bunkers out of them...
Ork Psychology and morale is directly linked to the number of boyz around them at any given time. Just like frat boys, only with more Dakka...

QUOTE (Mad Grot Docsnik @ Jun 26 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the idea of it being under construction. "...and now witness the power of this fully armed and operational... STOMPA!"

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,955 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

and I like the idea of it being under construction. "...and now witness the power of this fully armed and operational... STOMPA!"

lmfao - I really want to sig this, but I have no space - so some else please do so.

b0und in3rtia

b0und in3rtia

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 718 posts
  • Army Name:Mekunized Blood Axe Deff Core
I love good terrain piece, really I liek making stuff more then I liek playing some times.
Got Waaaaaaagh!!?!!?!?!?
"Killa Kanz down Deff Coptas up Dis is how we like ta KRUMP!! " -=Looted=-
My Photobucket of Orc stuff.

Spores of Anarchy Ash Waste Nomad Chapter

darkar0n

darkar0n

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 50 posts
  • Army Name:Mekz Vetz
OY! Dis Mek knows wots good un proppa!