Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deamoncowz Team

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

deamoncow

deamoncow

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,031 posts
  • Army Name:Da Gear Boyz
So I'm founding a team, and so far this is what my roster looks like: 3 Black Ork Blockerz 4 Lineorkz 2 Throwaz 2 Blitzerz 1 Cheerleada (mascot) 1 Assistant Coach 4 Re-Rolls What to you folks with more experience in the game think?
WAAAGH DA GEAR BOYZ!
Warboss~Gregza Un Bonzif da Stompy
Big Mek~Big Mek Dogbreff

If there is an Ork Stompa released by GW anytime this year I will eat my own genitalz winkingOrk.gif
~Kr00za

I'm holding you to this Kr00za, you better do it. Pics or medical forms as proof

HAMPSTER SQUADRON my webcomic! http://hamsquadcomic.googlepages.com/

MunkeyKungFu

MunkeyKungFu

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 40 posts
  • Army Name:100
I would personally say drop the second thrower. You only need one. Get yourself a couple of Goblins. They make great harrassers and also opponents will take their eye off the game and be tempted into pounding them into the ground with only a 50/50 chance of success. I would also be inclined to drop the AC and CL in favour of some fan factor. The AC and CL can come later on.

deamoncow

deamoncow

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,031 posts
Yes, I will probably do that, so the new roster is 3 Black Ork Blockerz 4 Lineorkz 2 Throwaz 2 Blitzerz 2 Fan-Factor 4 Re-Rolls
WAAAGH DA GEAR BOYZ!
Big Mek~Big Mek Dogbreff

If there is an Ork Stompa released by GW anytime this year I will eat my own genitalz winkingOrk.gif
~Kr00za

I'm holding you to this Kr00za, you better do it. Pics or medical forms as proof

PeaceCraft

PeaceCraft

Lobotomy

• Boyz
  • 737 posts
  • Army Name:Da KogDeff Broozaz
i second dropping the thrower- point per point they aren't so good compared to the throwers of the other teams and they don't play to orc's stregnths- bashing and shrugging off hits. as for grots, when your not maxed out in blockers and a healthy amount of blitzers, i would'nt get gobbos in or else the orc team starts lookin a bit fragile. then again i play caging all the way- i rely on passing with da thrower if my oponent is managing to hold my cage (mummies, n' minos so far) as an alternative, if you really insist in wanting to play a more bash n' pass game rather than a bash n' bash, i'd switch one of the blockers for blitzers so you get a faster player to go pick up the ball or run to score. the rerolls are perfect as they are cuz they are important for countering those fummbls. another thing: if you are playing one shot games, its ok to have Fan factor 2, but for leagues, thats a mid term death sentence for the team- you get too little income with FF 2 and your team will eventually not be able to keep up with the more popular (and therefore, funded) teams. This of course, assuming you don't have a league rule where everybody starts out with ff 5 or something...

Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Arbork Kaptun

• Bosses
  • 6,145 posts
  • Army Name:Da Arborkz
How so on the FF? In a league, all you would be missing out on is potentially and extra 10k per game because of the FF. There is nothing to say that your opponent doesn't roll crappy for their fans and you roll good which means that the FF didn't even really play a factor in that either. If you play well and win games, then your FF can only go up. I would concur though with other assessments that you need to drop the extra thrower, and find a way to put in that extra BO.
Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

deamoncow

deamoncow

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,031 posts
I'll try to do that.
WAAAGH DA GEAR BOYZ!
Big Mek~Big Mek Dogbreff

~Kr00za

PeaceCraft

PeaceCraft

Lobotomy

• Boyz
  • 737 posts
  • Army Name:Da KogDeff Broozaz
ahh the ff thing: only time i played one relatively long league, i took 0 FF and by mid season, people were way ahead of me... all the extras they got gave them quite an edge i guess -i wasn't that bad- FF stayed roughly the same throughout season but that could also be me and my poor management skills compared to the other coaches.

Targhl

Targhl

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 59 posts
Let me say something about FF, gobbos and throwers. 1. FF- take a 4. That is a minimum you ought to have in a league. And try to get used to it so that you don't have to change your team for a league. 2. Gobbos- perfect supporters for blitzers in making touchdowns. Fast, creating tackle zones and making block assists. Also allow you to save money for a FF for example. So take 2, you won't regret. 3. Throwers. Take 2. When I started to play I underestimated their value. They are not as tough, they are not as fast, but sure hands and pass are really great. Why two if you only need one to pick up ball after kick off and make a pass? Because then they will surely have a possibility of getting closer to the line of scrimmage after picking up the ball, which means they will be surely able to land a pass to a blitzer (or gobbo) who is in better position for a touch down run. And lastly- linemen. Take them only to fill up your team to make 11 players. Or better 12. Have one in reserves, as even in non-league games you'll often loose at least one player before the beginning second half. Of course you opponent will surely loose some of his troops too, but if you have a reserve, you'll be in a better position, having 11 players on a pitch for longer time. And lineman can do whatever- help to hold center, help to make a touchdown, assist a block or (and that's what I always use them for) make a foul.