Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Epic Terrain

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

bossboyskullsave'a

bossboyskullsave'a

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 40 posts
How do you guys make epic terrain. or what terrain do you use? I wanna make orky settlements etc. but I dont know where to start? any suggestions for epic terrain?

BlackSpike

BlackSpike

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,193 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! BlackSpike
I LOVE building Epic terrain! For ork settlements, I stick a load of matchboxes together :) THe matches can be used to build frames, girders or even rolla-coasters :) Hold on, I'll grab my camera and get some pics. :)
"The Orks are the Pinnacle of Creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn? And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and dismiss it as crude."

BlackSpike

BlackSpike

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,193 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! BlackSpike
OK, some quick pics of my old Epic stuff. The Hex-buildings are matchboxes, squashed to make a hex, cut down and capped with card and glued into a "pattern" :) Cover them in plaster/PVA and ten paint :) The black thing is the packing from a desk-vice, and the cardboard is some packing stuff. Palisade is matches and cardboard. The low ruins is a bit of packing polystyrene. I hope this isn't too many pics :) Construction is easy - mash 'em together as you see fit :)

Attached Files

"The Orks are the Pinnacle of Creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn? And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and dismiss it as crude."

Harkon Greywolf

Harkon Greywolf

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,243 posts
I made some Orky buildings from old square bases (Epic IIRC) and plasticard and sprue.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Hope this helps.

HG

bossboyskullsave'a

bossboyskullsave'a

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 40 posts
very cool! I really like the little details. Surprisingly at bizzar bazzar this weekend I found someone selling the old epic ruins! I picked them up for $10!!!! My friend and I are now constructing our own ruined city! super happy about this one!

Warboss_Tom

Warboss_Tom

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 242 posts
I shamefully have to admit that I do not put as much detail into my epic terain as some of the better modelleres here. undetailed small pieces of wood make my landscape and they are about 2 inches by 2 inches
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

KoS RECORD:
W/ L/ D
13/2/1

lost to: goffs, panzee Beat: salamanders, goffs, ultramarines, dark panzee, fish'ead

%Pr

Quag

Quag

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 153 posts
If you dont fancy making i yourself 6mm wargames Suppliers like Irregular miniatures do loads of stuff.

dood515

dood515

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 289 posts
  • Army Name:Kogbasha's Trakkboyz
I would suggest something like these, similar to harkons with all the orky glyphness added.

Posted Image

You could cut out of small foam blocks to get the texture right.

There are some great pictures of these kind of orky buildings in i think the third ed 40k rulebook.(the one with black templars on the front) Maybe have a look.

I'll even quote you some pages, aren't i kind. 30 and 220.
One of the many reasons why orks are more fun to play; Bosspoles:

"Roight ladz!, Barry's dead, an' if you don't kill dat fing Steve's dead too, alroight!!?"

QUOTE (Oddballz @ Dec 8 2009, 11:02 AM) *
I like my armies to have proppa guns, tracks and wheels, and not gribbly appendages with veins and orifices.

I seem to have started a blog: http://therustywartr...blogspot.co.uk/

Spectrar Ghost

Spectrar Ghost

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 45 posts
Here are my most recent efforts.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Nuthin' but P-card and a few Grandt Line rivets. Some of the second batch (in progress) use the water filter rivets as in IA: Masterclass.

SG
SG

Epic: Armageddon
Are you a soldier, or are you a general?

Malakai

Malakai

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 68 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Iron Toof
Here's my stuff. More generic than Orky...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
-Malakai

"You'll never understand how much watching other people's pain gets me off, hearing their screams and knowing that I have the power of a god!" -Velvet Acid Christ

Zog

Zog

Wants Panzies

• Bad Moonz
  • 484 posts
  • Army Name:Zogs Boyz
Sweet :thumbs What thickness is the base material?
Gone crazy.... Back soon....

Ghudra

Ghudra

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
Excellent stuff there Malakai! :thumbs The placement of rubble and textured floors really make those buildings a cut above many I've seen. The sandbags & wire around that Bassy are a great touch.

MTD

MTD

Snapper Jawz

• Boyz
  • 776 posts
  • Army Name:Black Dags and the Red Blitz
You could use monsterpocalypse buildings.
http://mekaniacmachi...s.blogspot.com/

I'm a Nutter. I do commission work. PM me.