Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Finished 1750 Speed Freaks Army

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

BLARGAG!!!

BLARGAG!!!

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 8 posts
  • Army Name:Ghazkull's Bully Boyz
Great job man, everything looks great. One question, how did you paint the flames on the bikes and stuff? they look great. BLARGAG!!!

DaBlackGobbo

DaBlackGobbo

Flash Git

• Speed Freaks
  • 1,105 posts
  • Army Name:no name yet
God I hope my speed freeks look this good when I finally finish 'em. I'm so looting the grot in a barrel. te objectives are particularly good. Jobs a goood 'un
na na na na na na na na leader.....

TheHauptmann

TheHauptmann

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
  • Army Name:Da Supa Novas

Great job man,

how did you paint the flames on the bikes and stuff?

BLARGAG!!!

Carefully! I practiced on some scrap paper first with a pencil, then tried painting on the paper. I find that a "Liner" style brush (long and thin) to outline the flames worked best because it seemed to flow with the curves easily. I used a regular #0 brush to fill in the body of the flames. For the yellow flames I started with Vallejo Hot Orange, moved up to Orange Fire, then Gold Yellow, Sunblast Yellow, then Bald Moon Yellow. The white flames (actually, all the whites) were done with a base coat of GW Astronomican Grey and then highlighted with Skull White.

I know it's cliche, but practice, practice, PRACTICE! I was terrible with checks, dags and warning stripes only a year ago. And I wouldn't have even attempted to think about doing free-hand flames. But after a year of forcing myself to do it, I made some serious progress. Not a whole year of nothing but checks and warning stripes, mind you. But I played with it on-and-off.

Gorfang

Gorfang

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 340 posts
Beautiful army, excellent conversions and themey list, even if I may hate you for your wound allocation nonsense (I mean, an ammo runt to be a unique nob? GAHHH!!!!). Quick thing on a post you made above in regards to Instant Death weapons. You must remove whole models whenever possible when hit by an instant death weapon, which would mean you could not opt to select a wounded nob before an unwounded one. This is one of the few drawbacks to the Nob Bikers O Doom.

__ALEX__

__ALEX__

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 34 posts
wow, awesome looking army! that skintone goes very well with the bright redness. on that subject, how did you get the red so bright-looking? mine always turns out so dull. :( love the biker nobz especially!

TheHauptmann

TheHauptmann

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
  • Army Name:Da Supa Novas

You must remove whole models whenever possible when hit by an instant death weapon, which would mean you could not opt to select a wounded nob before an unwounded one.

Negative. You must remove whole identical models when possible. If you have three Obliterators, one with one wound, and you suffer two unsaved wounds; you remove the Obliterator with the previous wound and allocate another to the second one because they are identical. If you have three Tyranid Warriors, one with a Deathspitter and one wound, one with a Barbed Strangler, and one with a Fleshborer and you suffer two unsaved wounds you are allowed to allocate those to the Barbed Strangler and the Fleshborer Warriors because they have different profiles. The same applies for Instant Death wounds. BRB, Page 26, Column 2, Paragraph 3 if you'd like the source.

wow, awesome looking army! that skintone goes very well with the bright redness. on that subject, how did you get the red so bright-looking? mine always turns out so dull. :(

I used three colors layered on top of each other; Vallejo Game Color Scar Red, Vallejo Model Color Carmine Red, and Vallejo Game Color Bloody Red. Scar Red takes at least two coats to get the proper coverage, then Carmine goes on top of that while leaving some of the Scar Red showing at the edges of the surface. Bloody Red goes on top of that, leaving some of the Carmine showing.

headsamsha

headsamsha

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 36 posts
dats some seriously cool boyzZ :D i really like the warboss hes a good conversion :thumbs ps awesome grots :whip
o i like a bit o dakka inna morninwaaaagh!

Darkpingu

Darkpingu

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
  • Army Name:Goffs
Real Good job! luve it :thumbs keep upp the good work, cant wait to se more! :search cheers from sweden!

LittleLeadMen

LittleLeadMen

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 62 posts
This is a beautiful army. Despite having over 5000 points of painted Bad Moons, and a pile of unpainted fantasy Orc and Gobbos, it is this kind of army that makes me seriously consider building a Speed freaks force, as well. Green sickness, I tell ya'. Good job!