Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Terrain Question

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Bellygrub

Bellygrub

Explosive Kranium

• Deathskullz
  • 620 posts
  • Army Name:Bloodtoofs Badmoon Raiders
Does anyone have any idea where I can find some flat building cards or even templates I can print out myself? I've been searching around and have thus far come up nill. As of right now we'll be using fantasy bases to represent buildings but I'd like something a little more...believable. I know there are various 6mm terrain sites around but a member of the gaming group is really against using any type of 3-D terrain because it will hinder movement. I did find some great terrain packs for the BattleGround card game with lakes and trees but no buildings. I'll attach an example of what I'm looking for.

Attached Files

eddie the troll

eddie the troll

Da Mole

• Boyz
  • 1,034 posts
  • Location:At the center of my universe, Whangarei, Noo Zeelund
  • Army Name:Which Army are we talking about?
Why not print out aerial photos from Google Erf for your board?
the voices in my head sound better as a choir

War isn't about who's right... war is about who's left...

Sumus ubi Sumus

Bellygrub

Bellygrub

Explosive Kranium

• Deathskullz
  • 620 posts
I looked at doing that but I wanted the terrain to match the cartoonyness of the rest of the models. I did find some Wiz Kids terrain templates which will work to some extent.

eddie the troll

eddie the troll

Da Mole

• Boyz
  • 1,034 posts
  • Location:At the center of my universe, Whangarei, Noo Zeelund
  • Army Name:Which Army are we talking about?
Why not get a lot of skyscraper models and have a fight in between them in the BIG city, and :P to your mate and his two dimesional thinking. Have trees that soar to the heights of level 4, majestic mountains to fly into the snow capped peaks off, dark thunderhead clouds to hide behind. It's science fiction, fictionise it.
the voices in my head sound better as a choir

War isn't about who's right... war is about who's left...

Sumus ubi Sumus

Grubsnik

Grubsnik

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 43 posts
  • Army Name:Grubsnikz Boyz
Hmmm. Does AI have rules for terrain collisions?

Bellygrub

Bellygrub

Explosive Kranium

• Deathskullz
  • 620 posts

Why not get a lot of skyscraper models and have a fight in between them in the BIG city, and :P to your mate and his two dimesional thinking.

Have trees that soar to the heights of level 4, majestic mountains to fly into the snow capped peaks off, dark thunderhead clouds to hide behind. It's science fiction, fictionise it.

That's what I'm saying Eddie! I want soaring Hollywood dog fights!

And yes Grubsnik....I believe it does ;)

Harkon Greywolf

Harkon Greywolf

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,243 posts
Part of the fun of AI is having to fly around mountains etc. You nominate the various terrains at various heights and then if you fly into them "Ka-Crash!" you're a gonna! It's all part of the game. Having all flat 2-D terrain just is boring and should only be recommended to complete Noobs who are learning the game. After more than 2 games you'll need the terrain to make it more fun! HG

Komisarr Blitzrukk

Komisarr Blitzrukk

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 231 posts
  • Army Name:151st BloodAxe ellite

Why not get a lot of skyscraper models and have a fight in between them in the BIG city, and :P to your mate and his two dimesional thinking.

Have trees that soar to the heights of level 4, majestic mountains to fly into the snow capped peaks off, dark thunderhead clouds to hide behind. It's science fiction, fictionise it.

the few times I have played, I used the plastic builings from epic 40k to act as the tops of skyscrapers. :search :biggrin
"Wake up," He bellowed, giving the Weirdboy two quick slaps on the face. The Weirdboy opened one eye.

"Amber twelve..." said the Human voice. "Squig?" said the Weirdboy.

"No, Not amber twelve, squig, Princeps," said the human voice. "Amber twelve, ten..."

"Squig now!"

"Im sorry, Princeps Marnoc, I'll repeat that. No - I dont know what a squig is."

Story Time!