Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The State of Scenarios

21 replies to this topic

Chrost

Chrost

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 69 posts
Greetings gang. This is a long post, but I truly hope you have the stamina to read it all.

I know that I'm only just coming back to the game, but I've had a vision... and, like a message from Mork himself, I can't deny the awesomeness.

The state of T4 scenarios is, at the moment, pitiful. The scenarios are barely enjoyable because of uneven odds, imbalanced teams, and dirty tactics used (by both factions) and are made even more terrible by the fact that Order has officially stepped up the game by fielding complete and full warbands. This has been the final straw on the back of the camel and is now forcing Destruction to step up its game.

We cannot ignore scenarios. Sure we personally could just never enter scenarios, but with the state of ORvR the way it is now (with the domination system), the added benefit of organized order teams beating our PUGs will be more than enough to see that the Order fools are beating down the doors of the Inevitable City in no time. We on destruction have accomplished Fortress sieges the way they were supposed to happen, and now the Order is going to get it due to easy-mode game mechanics.

I can't stand by and let it continue.

I want to organize an alliance-born scenario premade team. Ultimately, I want us to be able to field whole warbands just as the Order is now doing. However, this is only accomplished through careful and planed steps. I have a plan that, if followed, should result not only in a powerful team of allies, but also an opportunity for our members to once again enjoy a scenario once in a while. The plan involves a few steps.

Step One: Form a Team
I want to form a simple 6-man team of <Da Waaagh> members that will meet and regularly run scenarios. This is the part that will require the most understanding and dedication and it is this part that I am asking the guild to step up for. I need volunteers. I need people with T4 toons who are willing to spend a few hours each night to play and get used to the other members of the team. It is during this phase that the most sacrifice will come. The first couple of weeks of learning the scenarios and learning how each other plays can (and probably will) be a little frustrating at times. There will likely be times when we are unable to accomplish our goals. But I'm hoping that I can find just enough of us who are willing to pound through this phase and return triumphant so that we can eventually move to the next step.

Step Two: Hold an Event
The event will essentially be a one day long alliance event where the 6-man parties formed by all the guilds in the alliance get together, form warbands, and go rock the house in the scenarios. I've already spoken with representatives from all of the guilds in our alliance save for one. All of them sounded very receptive to my idea and I expect to receive in game mails from them all telling of their intent to carry on with the plan. The event spoken about here will not be held right away. It will take some time for our teams to truly get to know each other. I am thinking something like 2-3 weeks out.

Step Three: Follow Through
Once the event goes through, and is declared successful by at least a majority of the participating guilds, the exposure across guilds will become greater. Instead of filling strictly from our own guild, we'll have a better idea of what the other guilds have to offer and will be able to fill our groups from that pool. Ultimately, our alliance will strengthen and our ability to accomplish anything, not just scenarios, will be greatly enhanced.

Major Concerns:
The Grind: Let me be very clear. I am *not* putting this together so that we can do nothing but grind scenarios all day every day. I do *not* want this to feel like Arenas in WoW. I do *not* intend for this to be the only thing someone feels like they *have* to do when they log on. Once people start feeling in any of those ways, they no longer are having fun. Again, the goal of this plan is to *HAVE FUN*

Elitism: This is an area of particular concern to me and I want to assure everyone reading this that I am *not* interested in this becoming a group of "the best of the best." There are very few requirements for being a part of my team and they are easily met by ANYONE that has a brain. You will not be looked down upon if you do not want to participate by those who do. I personally will not tolerate any amount of elitist talk among those that I lead and will strive to ensure that everyone, whether they participate in my team or not, is treated with equal respect.

Requirements:
I mentioned that there were some requirements for being a part of my team. The requirements are actually quite simple: you must have a toon of at least lvl 37, and you must be able to at least log on to vent (you do not have to be able to speak).

A toon trying to compete in T4 scenarios, especially against the before mentioned Order premade teams, needs to be able to defend themselves. The difference from 40 to 36 is so great that a lvl 36 toon wouldn't stand much of a chance. There are a couple of reasons for this. First, the gear gap is ever increasing with every run into Bile, Blood, and LV. Those with lower levels can not wear the higher level gear and as such are just hurting right from the start. Second, certain skills (especially survival skills) aren't gained until the late 30's levels. Mythic, in their great wisdom decided to make the levels play out like that and it's just something we have to deal with.

Anyone who wants to join on my team has to be able to log on to vent. Ventrilo is a free downloadable program. You can find and download the client HERE and there is nothing required of you to be able to use it (besides a computer which you already have). The reason this is so important is pretty much the very reason why Order premades stomp our PUGs every game: communication and organization. The reason it seems like the entire team is beating on you... is because their entire team is beating on you. We can do that too, but we need to be able to communicate and organize to do that. Voice coms (Ventrilo) is how we will do that.

So that's pretty much it. I'm asking for volunteers that are interested in handing Order's pompous ass back to them on a platter. It will require a bit of dedication, a bit of heart, and a whole lot of WAAAAAAGH!!!

... but I'm pretty sure we can pull it off. What do ya say?

-CRAZY CHROST

morded

morded

Mendin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 74 posts
  • Army Name:Mordeth's misfitz
hey im game. ill help out when i am online.ive got vent but mostly use it to listen. look up nairbo when you are runnin these. lvl 39 shaman rr 32 no wards as yet. 2 lesser when i hit rr33. good to see you round again chrost
one part cunning, one part wise and many, many parts demented

da nazda system as started by Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee (game now sadly dead and buried.)
Nazda ooc thread (for those intrested in the OOC side of things and for a bit more insight into what went on during the game.)
Loki space station side game from nazda also run by me.

da lurker is back

Da Butha

Da Butha

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts
/sign

Grudz

Grudz

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 17 posts
okie dokies, I'd go.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
I will be up for this, but only as time permits. Right now I am pretty buried under school-work, so I am not at all able to be consistent. But if I am on, and we do not have a prescheduled event, then I am game for this if you need someone.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

rakados

rakados

Parasite Huntin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 81 posts
I am in when my time lets me.

Da Butha

Da Butha

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts

I am in when my MOM lets me.

:biggrin

Ccat

Ccat

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 55 posts
  • Army Name:Da Green Guerillaz
When time permits count me in. Tired of being being bent over a barrel in scenerios. I'd be up to an hour or two every night. nearly at rank 39 BOrc, specced as a pure tank. Perhaps in preperation for setting up these groups we should gather to run through dungeons to get used to each other and also to equip ourselves for fighting order teams. Small groups of 6 running Bastion, bile and such. If a small group can defeat some of the bosses in these dungeons using tactics instead of brute force we'll have more (tactically speaking) to throw against order.

rakados

rakados

Parasite Huntin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 81 posts
Hey butha I dont have to tank anymore. OR we can find new dps I know we have plenty. Ash wanted to dps so we should be good.

Chrost

Chrost

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 69 posts
I'm going to have to reconsider the effectiveness of this plan. Last night, as some of you may know, Order sacked the IC. Me and my team of premade scenario runners was there and Q'd up for hours. I think we got a grand total of 3 games because Order decided not to Q. Instead, Order took advantage of the Zone Domination system which trumps the Victory Point system. Ultimately, they realized that if they can field more people than us in T4 ORvR, and hold battle objectives long enough, they don't have to succeed in any other area regardless of how hard we fight. We can quest, PQ, and run Scenarios completely unabated until we are blue in the face and it will not make a lick of difference. Something else has to be done. Honestly... I don't know what we can do short of creating a server wide alliance (which we all know is *NOT* going to happen). It seems Mythic has decided they do not want to have a system that allows a small group of dedicated defenders to even have a chance at repelling an overwhelming force. I'm sorry, my friends... -CRAZY CHROST

Ccat

Ccat

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 55 posts
Don't be sorry, you tried. I still think the plan has merit, maybe not in getting vp's but having groups that work well together and respond to a leader can make a difference. "Yous a gud boss, boss."

Da Butha

Da Butha

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts
Don't get down man. Remember this didn't happen till AFTER we stopped. I think the idea of a 6-12 man team, moving in and out of SCs, while supporting the main warbands is an excellent idea. Add to the fact, we could be doing the duty other don't want to do: Guard posterns, die at a BO while holding order there, etc. That the idea of smaller unit works.

Ccat

Ccat

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 55 posts
I agree with Butha. 6 - 12 man teams can do a lot of good. Real world small teams like SAS, seals, black ops etc, don't win wars by themselves, they make it possible for the larger army to win the war. Taking out leaders, securing locations and supply lines, tieing up reinforcements. All of these translate from real world to mmo's quite well. If you want to plan it, I'll be there with my redskull paint on.

Kloc

Kloc

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 59 posts
I'm game once I get some time. Torture DoK extrordinare at your service.

Chrost

Chrost

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 69 posts
This isn't going to work. As much as I would like it to, it will not. I was Q'd for SCs for the entirety of my play time this weekend including during the "peek hours" where ORvR was going on. The world was absolutely RIFE with battle in the RvR lakes where Order was summarily handing destro their collective posteriors to them on a platter and while I was Q'd I couldn't find a scenario that would hold me. For a combined total of 12-ish hours of gameplay this weekend, I got 2 scenarios to pop. We are going to have to do something other than scenarios because it is quite clear that no one cares to do them anymore. I've done some research and it seems the vocal minority (those that spout BS on the public forums) hate scenarios to begin with. Seeing how developers of not just this game, but every other game as well, react to them... they probably think they've done a good job making SCs undesirable to play. I'm sorely disappointed. I've only just returned to the game in the hopes that I might find some fun again... only to have what fun I did find (and I did have fun there for a minute), stripped from me like a prom dress on a rape victim. Sure, Chosen class got fixed; and I'm happy about that. But a lot of good it does when I can't get into a fair fight. And now it seems that Destruction is exploding in a giant drama bomb to boot... /sigh I shouldn't be asking myself "am I having fun getting face stomped everywhere I go?" after only 3 weeks of being back to the game. If someone has any good news... I'm dying to hear it. -CRAZY CHROST

rakados

rakados

Parasite Huntin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 81 posts
Does that mean you are leaving again? Destro was pushing forts last night. (i guess that is good) We are gonna start dungeons up again soon. Hopefully time can fix these problems.

Da Butha

Da Butha

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts
I wished I had good news. Although I've been away for the weekend, I've followed those ridiculous boards. While those boards don't mean much, the fact SCs aren't popping makes me sad, as it was my greatest source of enjoyment when done right. We can keep tryin C. Got to try.

Chrost

Chrost

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 69 posts

Does that mean you are leaving again?
Destro was pushing forts last night. (i guess that is good)
We are gonna start dungeons up again soon.
Hopefully time can fix these problems.

I'm not likely to be around nearly as much as I have been, Rakados.

There has been at least one Altdorf siege that I know of. Unfortunately, it seems that Destro can only do it in the wee hours when Order doesn't have enough to counter act the new zerg/domination system. I'm not down for that. People who know me know I want a FIGHT!... a fair fight where at least the numbers are *relatively* even. Sure I know that ORvR is basically Zerg vs. Zerg but it used to be *relatively* even.

When I was a part of the last Fort push, using the old system, I had more fun in this game than in any other game I've played. When we took Praag and the numbers were *relatively* even, I was literally bursting at the seems with pride, joy, and a sense of true accomplishment. Now, even with a win, I feel dirty - like I took the cowards way out because I was forced to overwhelm them with unfair tactics or odds. Add to that, the claim that destro is exploiting to accomplish Fort sieges... /sigh

Dungeons aren't necessarily why I picked up this game. They can be a fun distraction some times... but the real reason I came to this game is because it promised good PvP. Until patch 1.2 (even with previous class balance issues) they delivered on that promise. I don't feel its the case anymore because the bigger picture calls for over-zerging.

I am absolutely confident that, in time, these issues will be resolved. The big question is this: Will it happen before I lose what little patience I have (after all... I'm a video game player)?

We'll see. I'm sorry that I sound like a whiner. I'm sure some people would just say "L2P" or "deal with it and move on" or whatever. I'm too old...

-CRAZY CHROST

Ccat

Ccat

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 55 posts
I know what you mean about the sc's not popping. Pre-1.2, when I started a new character I could look forward to going up at least 6 ranks within an hour of playing just sc's (there's only so many times I can level with pve quests before they get old). I'm still hoping that most of the issues will be sorted out, the game is still young.

Chrost

Chrost

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 69 posts
It is usually at this point where I start feeling shitty about not wanting to play... usually at this point I start callin' myself a whiner. But I've talked to several people, both people I know and don't know, and I am absolutely not alone in my discontent with the state of the game right now. I really wish things hadn't so drastically changed (or changed back?). I was really starting to have fun and I missed you guys. Having that fun stripped of me is a deep wound. I'm not sure, even if they fix things, that I will come back. I guess I'm a little "gun shy". I've picked up LotRO and am enjoying that. It is a PvE game to be sure, but I needed something chill that I could enjoy after getting smacked by WAR. Additionally, they've made some real progress in terms of game performance and content. If anyone is interested in looking me up, toss me a private message on these boards as I still check them often. Sorry guys... but I'm too old to be messin' around with past times that I can't enjoy... I've already got enough of those. -CRAZY CHROST

Reply to this topic