Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Big Mekl Challenge MoOg vs. Morfangdakka

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: big mek challenge (83 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite

1. MoOg's Looted Wagon (51 votes [61.45%])

Percentage of vote: 61.45%

2. Morfangdakka's Looted Wagon (32 votes [38.55%])

Percentage of vote: 38.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

morfangdakka

morfangdakka

tougher than a cybork

• Deathskullz
  • 1,402 posts
  • Army Name:Morfang's Big Stompa Mob
The two meks stood eye to eye then with a mighty waagh the sounds of engines roaring to life filled the valley and black oily smoke filled the air. Each mek presented their wagons for the community to chose which one they liked best.

Morfangdakka's Looted Wagon

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Next up is MoOg's offering

Also a big thanks to MoOg for getting me back to modeling after a 4 month break. Hinch the badmoon symbol on my wagon as a nod to my fellow mek.
QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Mar 24 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the Venerable Morfangdakka. It has a certain feel to it.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

mo0g

mo0g

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 402 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! mo0g
And in glorious technicolour I present my Looted Wagon with boomgun:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Couple of patches of blue in recognition of my Bloo-faced opponent :D
There's still loads I'd like to do to it, but when da kontest is over, da kontest is over!
One day I might make a Skorcha Mounting for it as the turret is removable (and it still rotates!), but not just yet.
Turret Rotation Video (youtube) from our WIP thread

Was a blast, so glad to have finally finished something, I really needed this kick up the backside to get it done, or it would have sat on my painting shelf for a very long time.

Best of luck buddy
mo0g's Badmoons
mo0g's projects - Latest update: Kommandos (April '11)
Big Mek mo0g's Badmoon Blog (external blog)
Scratch Battlewagon - Now painted.
Rokkit Buggies - WIP builds
mo0g gets STOMPY - Optimash Prime Stompa build WIP
Big Mek Challenge VS Morfangdakka - An oldy but a lot of fun! (Lots of broken images, sorry) and the Voting thread. (more broken images...grr)

Other stuff:
mo0g gets tainted - Tzeentch-theme Chaos WIP
mo0g does Necromunda

Cateran

Cateran

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 327 posts
  • Army Name:Gor Razh the Konkorer
where the hell is the picts of the other tank? i cant vote untill i see the other tank edit: as i was typing this the other picts re loaded good job both of you!! -cateran
Oy did uz kno wood burnz betta dan roks!?

-Bit Gib (the first of the Mek Boyz)

GorFrag

GorFrag

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,046 posts
  • Army Name:135th BoneEaters
Both are good but it was the unpainted hands on the driver of MoOg's that forced me to vote for morfangdakka.
Set all weapons to "WAR CRIMES".

mo0g

mo0g

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 402 posts
Hmm they're not unpainted, just painted them grey - think they've got a bit blown out by my crappy picture taking abilities :D Oh well, I'd be the first to admit that I rushed a lot of it to get it finished, but then again if I hadn't I might not have ever finished it, so 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other I guess :)
mo0g's Badmoons
Big Mek Challenge VS Morfangdakka - An oldy but a lot of fun! (Lots of broken images, sorry) and the Voting thread. (more broken images...grr)

Other stuff:
mo0g does Necromunda

Big Mek Orktapus

Big Mek Orktapus

squig attack arm

• Deathskullz
  • 478 posts
  • Army Name:Da Skrappas
Im gonna have to agree with Gorfrag and say that those grey hands are a real turn off for a otherwise great wagon. I can understand if he was wearing gloves but you can tell that he isn't. Despite that one little thing I am still gonna have to say that I like yours just a little bit better. The turret and boomgun is awsome, and the paintjob is really good. now go paint his hands green or I'll take it back. :biggrin
Deffskulls: if it ain't bolted down its fair game...and if it is they will still try to "loot" it.

Da scrapas

Da Grimpond

Da Grimpond

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 731 posts
morf got my vote, it just feels more tanky, and lets face it, one well aimed shot and the orkis dead on mo0gs Both very good tho ^_^

Snikmekk Grimjaw

Snikmekk Grimjaw

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 15 posts
  • Army Name:Da Nukeboyz
I like the way Morfangdakka used his spare Boomgun, cuz "Every Boss needz his battlewagon loaded wiv boyz!" (words of the wize Marshull Mekanik Snikmekk Grimjaw, of Da Adeptuz Morkiuz clan) Both wagunz are nice 'n proppa, but looking at da boddywurk. Morfangdakka's gubbinz on his wagon look more glued on the sides while moogs are more into the model. I like the more-a-less dodgy paint work of Moog's wagun (not looking at grey hands offcourse! cuz thatz a no-go) and the emblemz are worked in really well on both vehicles, though i do miss a few more killmarkers, checkers or other freehanded paintwurk. But seeing as this is a Big Mek Challenge, offcourse it takes true Mekaniks skillz to make a rotating gunturret. Moog's turnin' boomgun diddit fer me!

nkelsch

nkelsch

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,573 posts
what's the deal with the gry hands? Out of time?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Check out all my orks!: Waaagh 'Az-ard
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Kaptin Shmarghool

Kaptin Shmarghool

Tankbusta Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 442 posts
  • Army Name:Shmarghool's Space Sharkz

what's the deal with the gry hands? Out of time?

Same thing I was about to ask :)

Well, MoOg's boomgun gun is truly fantastic, but Morfangdakka's ammount of detais won my vote in the end. Anyway congratulations to both of ya!

Cheers :cheers

Waaagh! Shawass - plundering the galaxy with unpainted models since 2006 :D

Green Git

Green Git

Periscope

• Deathskullz
  • 773 posts
  • Army Name:Big Mek Burnstuf's Lootaz
Both well done and truly ramshackle! I would be proud to field either in my army. I must give the nod to Morfangdakka. The engine detail and proppa Blue color won me over. Mo0g, your offering was very well done and truly this was a close call. That Boomgun is very nice.
No, dis is no yer fing. I stole it fair and square. 'Sides, it's painted bloo now.

Keanoobs

Keanoobs

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 66 posts
  • Army Name:Random Dakka!!!
I voted for MoOg, cuase I like the vehicle style, its got a lot of plates and scraps, and I just love that huge cannon!
Our weap'ns are Kombi, Killy, an' DAKKA!!!

mo0g

mo0g

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 402 posts
Ok ok, maybe the hands were rushed a little bit - I was mostly just relieved that I had paint on the model before getting the pictures in! I shall take this feedback and remember it for the next one, thanks :) It's crazy how different these things can turn out, I love all the exposed engines and gubbins on your wagon Morfang, really looks awesome.
mo0g's Badmoons

Other stuff:
mo0g does Necromunda

Sharkai

Sharkai

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
  • Army Name:Bad moons, and da bad moon rebelion!
I voted for mo0g because the turret rotates which is awsome! And I prefer the whole build 'shape'. But both are fantastic tanks! :thumbs
BAD MOONS!!! - WAAAGH!

the age of the 'umies is over, the time of the orks has come.

Battle log
W/D/L
2/0/1 -I have played loads of other games, but didn't record them.

before there were orks, "Games Workshop" was called "Games Wbeakiehop"

PeaceCraft

PeaceCraft

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 820 posts
  • Army Name:Da KogDeff Broozaz
I love the rotating kanon and all the ingenuity on moog's wagon- it gets many points in creativity, but the general use of volumes, use of bits and paintjobsent my vote to morfang... although that kanon barrel looks a bit clean to me. be sure to throw some dirt at it or yer be akkused of being some spiffy badmoon! ;) :lol great great job ladz! :cheers Moog's spinny turret has got me full of ideas... dang you, i got characters to build, stop fillin me head wif dese thinkments! ;)

Big Mek Gort

Big Mek Gort

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 34 posts
Both tanks have a great amount of detail and well modelled, but Morfang gets my vote I just really like the Ultra ork gunner :cheers
"See, I'm a man of simple tastes. I like dynamite... and gunpowder... and gasoline! Do you know what all of these things have in common? They're cheap! "

morfangdakka

morfangdakka

tougher than a cybork

• Deathskullz
  • 1,402 posts

It's crazy how different these things can turn out, I love all the exposed engines and gubbins on your wagon Morfang, really looks awesome.

Once you made that rotating gun I knew I was in trouble as that is one of the best things I have seen in a while. THen when you started making most of it out of plasticard I really knew I had a fight on my hands. Just goes to show we are truely orky when a cool gun is liked more than a nice engine. :biggrin

RandomUsername

RandomUsername

Tankbusta Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 431 posts
I really like both of 'em... but morfangdakka's got my vote because of that cool engine and extreme ramshackleness. :thumbs
''Socializing is what keeps us looking similar to real people.'' -- DAKKABU

Hi, my name's Random and I'm a washoholic...

morfangdakka

morfangdakka

tougher than a cybork

• Deathskullz
  • 1,402 posts
*POLL IS CLOSED* COngrates to MoOg on his incredible machine :thumbs Looks like I will have to try harder next time. :cheers to everyone that voted for either of us that is what make this a great community.

mo0g

mo0g

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 402 posts
Cheers morfang, was a lot of fun. Hopefully not the last time I'll have to fend off your paint grots :) :cheers
mo0g's Badmoons

Other stuff:
mo0g does Necromunda