Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da Skrapas army blog

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

Big Mek Orktapus

Big Mek Orktapus

squig attack arm

• Deathskullz
  • 478 posts
  • Army Name:Da Skrappas
Having been working on several projects lately. And a lot of guys who will be getting painted up soon I thought I might as well start a blog for them instead of making new posts all the time. So a little fluff and away we go. Blooskull was not always a member of the Deffskulls,His name was at first Zagskull, in fact he was raised as a evil sun. However despite his love of vehicles and such unlike the other evil suns he loved finding scrap and looting things more then going fast. In the midst of the 3rd war for Armageddon he met several deffskulls and realized he was more like them then his own tribe. He began to paint his face bloo before battles. He change his name to Blooskull. He also had his truck painted bloo instead of the Proppa color for his tribe. Needless to say his warboss did not like this at all and instead of killing him (which he normally would have done) he banished him from the tribe due to his many battles in which his truck mob saved his life. The deffskulls saw him painted all bloo and assumed he was one of them. He quickly rose in the ranks to become a warlord of his own waaagh. And now he has set off with his boys on a Waaagh of their own, His goal to gather as much scrap as he can so he can raid, pillage, loot and destroy the galaxy. Thus was the beggining of Blooskull da skrapa. And now for some pics. The Warlord Blooskull himself. P1014005.jpg P1014006.jpg His first truck of Scrappas P1013964_copy.jpg A objective marker I am working on The_Grot_deff_trap_001_copy.jpg A PIP of Blooskulls most trusted Big mek, Orktapus...I need to fix a lot on him, and will most likely end up redoing him completely. P1010260_copy.jpg More to follow in the future. I will add some pics of the skullhamma I recently finished building and a Looted wagon I am working on as well... Enjoy
Deffskulls: if it ain't bolted down its fair game...and if it is they will still try to "loot" it.

Da scrapas

Snodgrot

Snodgrot

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 554 posts
  • Army Name:Snodgrotz Killa Skuad!
Nice looking and proppa waagh you got started there.

Can't wait to see more. The mec looks cool, However with the guns it almost looks like a loota!

And here that poor lot. Da Bone Krusha Clan!

Big Mek Orktapus

Big Mek Orktapus

squig attack arm

• Deathskullz
  • 478 posts
Yeah thats the problem. He is too small cause I used a boy body instead of something bigger. I also want to make his SAG better too. Although I will probably stick with the fish'ead drone idea. I might try to trade with someone for one of the extra large ones if I can find someone who has one and put a Ion cannon or something on it. He also needs better "bionic" arms. Right now they are simply attached to his back pack and with some of the conversion ideas on this forum I am sure I can come up with a better idea. We shall see in the future but I got a lot of other stuff to work on right now so that will have to wait.
Deffskulls: if it ain't bolted down its fair game...and if it is they will still try to "loot" it.

Da scrapas

Big Mek Orktapus

Big Mek Orktapus

squig attack arm

• Deathskullz
  • 478 posts
Well here is a update on what I have been doing the last day or two. I got some work done on my looted wagon. The gubbinz are now finished and all it needs is so rivets and a paintjob. A proppa one for sure of course. Heres a few pics with a Barry in there for size.

P1014051.jpg P1014052.jpg
P1014053.jpg P1014054.jpg
P1014055.jpg P1014056.jpg
P1014057.jpg

I also have some boys who are PIP right now and should get some pics up of them soon.

Da scrapas

Ranalcus

Ranalcus

Burna Boy

• Blood Axez
  • 400 posts
  • Army Name:Kommanda DurGob Grub-Boyz
Ramshackle but 'ard, a PROPPA style of constructing, that only the top-notch spannerz know. (Cough, cough paint in city cammo cough, cough)

Big Mek Orktapus

Big Mek Orktapus

squig attack arm

• Deathskullz
  • 478 posts
Ok so I decided that I wasn't gonna wait to fix my Big mek Orktapus model. So I grabbed one of my AoBR warbosses and got to choppin. So far I have built his KFF, a Fuel tank for his burna, and his CC/scrap cutting tool. The KFF is made from a large assortment of bits. I took the Zzap gun from the BW kit and chopped off the barrel and the mount on the bottom. I then added the rear part of the rocket launcher from the Dreadnought kit as it looks like some sort of twin piston valve thats pumping the machine. He has a sort of spot light (who knows what) connected to his shoulder and the KFF that is only there because, A: it looked cool, and B: it holds the back pack in place more securely since I pinned it in place. Some pieces from the mek boy head from the lootas/burnas kit are used as the actual force field generators. Although they are a little small I think its ok as he will be a pretty busy looking model once I am done. And of course he has a boss pole. The burna fuel tank is simply some plastic tube with two thin pieces of plasticard on the top and bottom. I added a strap similar to the ones that go with the burna models. I couldn't use one of those ones as the tank is too large for it. I also added one of the exhaust from a burna tank to this one. His CC weapon is a chainchoppa from the boyz box and a Chain fist from the Chaos lord plastic kit. This one weapon has some pretty good bits to loot on it, As I also took the exhaust vent off of it and added it to my chain choppa tool. I need to fix the top of his hand with some GS from cutting the big shoota off but its only a minor fix that even my terrible GS skills should be able to fix. Here are some pics of what I have done so far. The pics with the little wooden wheel are only because while not on a base he has some balance issues from his KFF. P1014153.jpg P1014154.jpg P1014155.jpg P1014156.jpg P1014157.jpg P1014158.jpg This last pic is a concept art (extremely poorly done) of what I have in mind for the rest of his build. I want him to have a Rivet gun at the end of his bionic arm on the left. Two reasons. A: he is a big mek and should be riveting stuff all the time. B: he can count it as a slugga in a game if I don't use the burna. His mechanical arm below that one will be a Burna/cutting torch. Pretty straight forward on this idea as a mek needs a torch to chop scrap sometimes. On his other side right above his shoulder will be a large clamp arm similar to a techmarines, obviously this is for grabbin stuff. (namely miss behaving grot oilers) P1014159.jpg I am :search for any input you guys on ways to do the arms and the attachments on the ends, or any other ways to improve this guy on things I have all ready done. C+C please

Da scrapas

Big Mek Orktapus

Big Mek Orktapus

squig attack arm

• Deathskullz
  • 478 posts
um...ok I guess I'll just kinda make it up as I go and keep posting for the two of you who might actually be looking. I got some work done on the big mek today. I made his grabbin claw out of the one from the BW sprue. I changed the claw part to be more of a clamp though since he wouldn't want to chop something in half that he is just trying to hold in place. I also did some work on his bionic arm with the built in rivet gun. I am not sure that I will keep it the way it is right now but I'll decide that later. Oh and I fixed that messed up finger on the right hand with some greenstuff as well. P1014173.jpg P1014174.jpg P1014175.jpg P1014176.jpg P1014177.jpg P1014178.jpg Still looking for input guys...don't be shy...he wont bite...hes made of plastic. And I wont either. :biggrin

Da scrapas

Big Mek Orktapus

Big Mek Orktapus

squig attack arm

• Deathskullz
  • 478 posts
840 some odd views so far and no one has any tips or tricks to try out? Ideas even? how about comments about your fluffy kitty named winky... well whatever here is the latest. I have put the Big mek on hold as I am still waiting for some things I need for him to come in the mail, And also people to give me some :bleep feedback on him, (that means tell me what you like, or don't like, or good ideas of things to add that maybe I haven't thought of) In stead of staring at him sitting on the table I got to building a looted wagon that I got the parts for in the mail today. This is my 2nd wagon and will have a boomgun on it instead of a scorcha. I used the track assembly from a Immolator (Rhino) and the hull of a Leman Russ. I flipped the LR hull backwards and put the drivers compartment from the Ork truck kit in for the cab. I also covered the tops of the track assembly with plasticard as I am not using the correct hull that normally covers it. The last picture with the tube is just for a idea of how large the boomgun will be once I get around to building it. P1014213.jpg P1014214.jpg P1014215.jpg P1014216.jpg P1014217.jpg P1014218.jpg P1014219.jpg Please for the love of god respond positive, negative, superfluous, I don't care, but I would like to feel that some one is at least interested in how these builds turn out...Thanks.

Da scrapas

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
That's an interesting combination of a LR and a beakie tank. :thumbs Curious to see where you go with it.

Green Git

Green Git

Periscope

• Deathskullz
  • 773 posts
  • Army Name:Big Mek Burnstuf's Lootaz
Interesting take on the Boomwagon. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it. I too have a LR hull that I'm playing around with trying to come up with ideas for a Looted wagon. Like you, I've flipped the hull around but am planning on using the raised engine cover area as the actual cab. Not sure about the klaw arm on your Big Mek. It's big. Unbalances him. Nice Pcard work on the klaw itself. Maybe if the arm was coming vertically over his shoulder instead of sticking out horizontally like it does? Oh, and the cat's name is Furball, not Winky. :)
No, dis is no yer fing. I stole it fair and square. 'Sides, it's painted bloo now.

Big Mek Orktapus

Big Mek Orktapus

squig attack arm

• Deathskullz
  • 478 posts
Thanks for the feedback, I wasn't too sure about the arm size either as its made for a battle wagon so slapping it on a Ork does seem a little much. But then again he is a Big mek, and over the top is his middle name...actually its herbert but he doesn't tell anyone that. I think I am gonna have to start over with the claw arm and build it from scratch or find a smaller one like the techmarine one. But I wanted one with a more Orky feel. I'll see if repositioning it helps it look better. For the Boomwagon the reason its made from so many different vehicles is the fact that my army is Deffskulls, and so they would build it out of whatever they can find. Just picture a recent fight with Orks taking on guard and beakies. The two tanks are sitting there with a beat up truck and the big mek goes :! I think I will make the turret overly large but not enclosed like the other wagon. Then again if I do that I will need to detail the inside with crew and shells...Gotta sleep on it and see what I come up with.

Da scrapas

samson

samson

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts
Greetings from wisconsin :cheers ! I'd have to agree the claw is too big, I'd look into swapping some parts with a friend or somehow getting a beakie servo arm it's a cool idea I was planning to do a similar model with some type of servo arms but on a painboy. You can always use the spare arm to build a killa kan or 3!

Ordzgull

Ordzgull

Vampire Squig

• Boyz
  • 108 posts
  • Army Name:Ordzgull's dakka ladz
I had the best idea for that big mek, if you can get 3 more arms or rough equivalents, you could do a Doctor Octopus sort of thing, where he has two arms that are holding him up and another two that are actually being used as arms. You are good with P-card, you should be able to make it work.

EDIT: was pretty hard to find a pic of this, but heres the best I could find. http://ecx.images-am...L500_AA280_.jpg
QUOTE (Dim_Reapa @ Mar 19 2009, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But no, you can never get more than one unit in the same transport - the only exception is the monolith. But that doesn't count because it breaks rules systems, and time. When you buy it, you realise you bought it again 5 minutes earlier and this will make you depressed.

You might even mutter 'This thing is pure evil'

I personally see monoliths. They're not real, but they think they are, and they walk around like everyone else...

Warbossgunzmek

Warbossgunzmek

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
  • Army Name:Da 'Evey Amour 'Umpany
I love ya deathroola battle wagon adn i have to agree that the meks claw is a little ova the top. I think that ur conversion with da rhino will look great :thumbs

DaBlackGobbo

DaBlackGobbo

Flash Git

• Speed Freaks
  • 1,105 posts
  • Army Name:no name yet
If i were you id remove the cab you have now, and move the russ hull forward. then use the engine bay on the russ hull for the cab. I do like the way youve got the gun mocked up. A big orky Earthshaker is always a good time
na na na na na na na na leader.....

Big Mek Orktapus

Big Mek Orktapus

squig attack arm

• Deathskullz
  • 478 posts
@Dablackgobbo, Well for the engine bay on the russ hull I was thinking of having a BS sticking out of it with a grot gunner. Its either that or have a grot with a telescope from the Zzap gun crews sighting out the next target for the gun crew. The grot spotter is a cool idea I think but I have actually already done the same thing on my Skullhamma... @Ordzgull, Thats actually pretty much what I had in mind for him (his name is Orktapus after all) But I wanted each arm to serve a purpose for a big mek, which is where I came up with my current idea. I will have to look on the web to see what parts would work better and see if I can trade, buy, or "loot" them. I do like the idea of having him being held up in the air by two of the arms though. @Warbossgunzmek, That is actually a looted wagon with a scorcha, It does kinda look like a deffrolla but I will be counting it as a reinforced ram in games. I have decided that I will make the boomgun a open turret similar to the basilisk model. I will definitely be using it for inspiration. I just need to get some crew members to put manning the gun.

Da scrapas

Sukz Da' Nob

Sukz Da' Nob

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 683 posts
  • Army Name:Da' Butchas of Bavgad!!!
The models are looking great, but I really love that objective counter! :thumbs
Ork Psychology and morale is directly linked to the number of boyz around them at any given time. Just like frat boys, only with more Dakka...

QUOTE (Mad Grot Docsnik @ Jun 26 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the idea of it being under construction. "...and now witness the power of this fully armed and operational... STOMPA!"

Big Mek Orktapus

Big Mek Orktapus

squig attack arm

• Deathskullz
  • 478 posts
Well as can be expected I got my Stompa model and have started to assemble him. I must say that for such a large model it goes together very nicely. I haven't had to adjust many parts to make them fit right and the instructions are fairly clear "for a change" I was thinking of making him a mek stompa but I decided to make it a normal one for now, Once I get a second one I will make that one a mek's stompa. For my big mek I will be changing him a bit from what he is now. I am ditching the overly large servo arm and the bionic arm with the rivet gun. I will be putting the arm from the metal warboss model with the attack squig. (minus the squig) I had a good idea of what I would like to do for the turret of the boomwagon too after looking at the pieces from the stompa kit. The gun arm looks pretty cool and could work nicely as a boomgun. More brainstorming and work on the stompa before I go any further with either of those projects. Sorry no pictures yet but I'll get a few shots of the stompa once I have him put together. Back to work.

Da scrapas

Winterous

Winterous

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 231 posts
  • Army Name:Tezzler'z krew
Some of this stuff is real nice man, good work.
But please please PLEASE don't make the stompa normal.
They look TERRIBLE, give it an interesting torso and legs, the rest of it is fine!
I'z only got 'alf a werkin fashe, but I'z shtill da besht zoggin mek der iz!!
I'z Big Mek TEZZLER!

Big Mek Orktapus

Big Mek Orktapus

squig attack arm

• Deathskullz
  • 478 posts
Ok ok ok here are some pics of the stompa so far. I magnatized both arms and the head to show battle damage and it should make it easier to store and travel if I ever find a block of foam this big. Sorry winterous but I actually kinda like it normal, Besides once I make my special big mek stompa it will be very different...those kustom jobs from WD this month have given me some nice ideas. I will be adding some plates and battle damage stuff to this guy to make the body look original but thats gotta wait till later. I thought that the little grot tower looks highly unbalanced and would topple over from a stray laspistol shot, so I took the liberty of adding lots of beams...best way to support something is to add more! enough talk on with the pics! IMG_0141.jpg IMG_0142.jpg IMG_0143.jpg IMG_0144.jpg IMG_0145.jpg IMG_0146.jpg IMG_0147.jpg Quick note to anyone who plans on or is in the process of making one. MAGNATIZE THE HEAD! This should take you about 2 minutes to do if you have a dremel, magnets and superglue...use the gel kind it works better. I dropped the head off about 50 times while working on this guy because I kept forgetting it isnt glued down. And this way when its destroyed I can simply remove the head and add some fire cotton there. (head part got sniped off) Oh and don't say "just glue it down" cause that makes painting in and around it pretty hard...this thing is big enough and will take a lot of effort to paint. don't make it harder on yourselves.

Da scrapas