Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stompa Mob

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Ghudra

Ghudra

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
I had these up at TacCom recently and thought my fellow WAAAGHers might be interested. All the Stompa madness in the 28mm universe has inspired me to revisit my horde of plastic potbellies. :biggrin I'll start splitting these into "shooty" & "CC" groups down the road, but here is the current mix: Attached File  SMob123combo__Medium_.jpg   66.21KB   56 downloads With Mekboy Earl looking out of his hatch, here is the best use yet for the old Chaos Dwarf Whirlwind spiky bits: Attached File  StompaBallprime__Medium_.jpg   46.06KB   78 downloads Lots of fun to be had with these plastic guys and I look forward to adding in some Stompas with 'ammers, soopachoppaz, and big burnas etc down the road.

Quase

Quase

Big Mek

• Nobz
  • 4,200 posts
  • Army Name:Da Klan ov da Golden Teef
Very nice, this is a very promising start! I especially like the Mek peeping out. Is that belly-hold going to get a kannon? I'll be curious to see those supa-skorchaz, as I will be doing a 'Project : Stomp' in a not so far future, only with already 18 Stompaz in my warband, I'll be concentrating on the bigger walkers out there ;)
Roight, any questions?
Yes?
Too bad!
It be time to WAAAGH!

Quase -

Harkon Greywolf

Harkon Greywolf

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,243 posts
They are cool and somewhat similar to my plastic stompies! (Which I looted off Quase, ideas-wise! ;) ) I must get back to mine someday too and finish off a nice big Mob. HG

Ghudra

Ghudra

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
Thanks for the kind words. :) The wrecker Stompa will most likely get something short-barreled for the belly. I had thought about the possibility of mounting it on a shoulder, but I'll save that for another model. Quase, I'll see if I can get a Soopa-scorcha knocked out this weekend, but I was thinking of having 2-3 scorcha/burna looking barrels feeding off a tank on the rear of the walker. On a Stompa this would prolly end up on an arm, but on a Gargant it would be a sweet change up to the belly gun/Snappa. Something about flamin' deth from the belly that just seems proppa.:D

The Antipope

The Antipope

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 20 posts
I absolutely love the tiny Ork peering out of the hatch. These are brilliant.

Harkon Greywolf

Harkon Greywolf

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,243 posts
Any progress with these? HG

Ghudra

Ghudra

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts

Any progress with these?

HG

In short, no. I've been travelling a ton lately for work and haven't had much time at home on weekends for hobby stuff. Having lots of air miles just isn't helping my army progress.:(

Ghudra

Ghudra

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
Taking a break from Epic tin'eads & LaTD to get back to good ole' Orkyness. Here is a paint test based off of some stuff I'm doing with a Mk1 Stompa: Attached File  stomptest.jpg   96.47KB   30 downloads

Harkon Greywolf

Harkon Greywolf

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,243 posts
That looks good! I'm surprised at how good that actually is! Very "lived in" and well worn. A whole Mob will look great. HG

Ghudra

Ghudra

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
Thanks! :) Cleaned the Stompa's paint up a tad and added rivitz, but I'm still not happy with the green. Attached File  stomptest.JPG   67.42KB   21 downloads I'm trying to get to a more gritty, realistic look that works at arm's length without the current cartoony influences. Something more like my Gargant here. Attached File  CGGant_2__Medium_.JPG   58.87KB   25 downloads Next up is going to be more about rust with a few panels & the head in paint. Snakebites don't need much flashy color as I see it. Attached File  stomptest2.JPG   74.9KB   16 downloads