Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FightaBomma & 3 Intaseptaz

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,537 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz
Hi all New to this Forum but think I'm getting the hang of it now so with the idea of adding to the Flying Circus here are some shots of my BloodAxe FightaBomma (based on a 1/48 Kamov attack heli) Vulcha2.jpg and the three Sunburnz Intaseptaz (based on a 1/48 Mig 25 and a 1/48 F16?) 301flyboyz.JPG All of them have been fairly heavily hacked, bobbed & re-skinned in milliput with scratched canopies made from tinplate and acetate sheet. I'd be interested in any comments. Cheers

Green Git

Green Git

Periscope

• Deathskullz
  • 773 posts
  • Army Name:Big Mek Burnstuf's Lootaz
Very nicely done! I like the paint jobs especially. You did a good job on the skins and conversions... I'm an aviation buff and it's hard to tell what the donor plane is (a good thing in this case). Got any more pics? I'd like to see what you did for bases and maybe some other known models like a Land Raider or something to show scale.
No, dis is no yer fing. I stole it fair and square. 'Sides, it's painted bloo now.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,537 posts
Got any more pics? I'd like to see what you did for bases and maybe some other known models like a Land Raider or something to show scale. [/quote] Only one I've got handy is this mobshot, which does show scale and the bases (Airfix type 'flying Vee's fabricated from 3/16x1/2" steel bar welded up - the planes are quite heavy) 100tsa.JPG Okay I've just reviewed this post and haven't quite got it sussed but hopefully it'll do for now.

Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 413 posts
  • Army Name:Da Rättlsnaikz
Wow! I love that army! :love great painting! Welcome to the Waaagh, be sure to post more pics! ;)

Harkon Greywolf

Harkon Greywolf

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,243 posts
Fantastic army there and I love the Fighta Bombas! You are definitely going to have to take more pictures of this lot, in closer and individually! You have a great paint job too! Go Speed Freeks! ;) HG

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,537 posts
Thanks for the welcome and kind words, I've just seen Uberdarks battlebus and now I've got to get the Sunburnz motors looking a bit orkier (and - in view of Kr00zas comment to Chick 81, a bit smaller than the files I've got) but I'll post before & afters in DA TROPHY RACK (Gork & Mork permitting) as they're finished. Cheers. :thumbs

GorFrag

GorFrag

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,063 posts
  • Army Name:135th BoneEaters
Very nice I like how you've taken the original models and changed them so much. Its much better than a lot of the standard take this plane and give it to orks. The Canopies are especially nice!
Set all weapons to "WAR CRIMES".

Kaptian Rik'ard

Kaptian Rik'ard

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 51 posts
  • Army Name:Imperial Axes
Does the 1:48 scale work well with Ork bodies for pilots using standard bodies? I like your work and I am looking at doing a mod of an aircrafts for a Fighter bomber as well.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,537 posts

Does the 1:48 scale work well with Ork bodies for pilots using standard bodies?

The Kamov Heli based BloodAxe fighta bomma comes with a sufficiently 'blocky' cockpit that a pilot using the warbuggy drivers legs and standard ork torso, head and arms fits in as though it was built for him. The cockpit canopies on the MiG & F16 are a bit too small for an ork to sensibly (or even senslessly) fit in and so had to be improvised from old bean tins and acetate, the cockpits themselves were OK but I'll take some shots of pilots and cockpits tomorrow, post them here on Monday and let the pictures paint the words.

The Canopies are especially nice!

They'll be in close up too!

Cheers. :cheers

Mad Mek Snowfyre

Mad Mek Snowfyre

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,201 posts
  • Army Name:Random Freebooterz
Fantastic work I must say. and a pretty good design too. like how you did the canopies.
May Da WAAAGH! be with you....

Do not underestimate Da power of DA WAAAGH! side.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,537 posts
Does the 1:48 scale work well with Ork bodies for pilots using standard bodies?

I got enough light to shoot these and with a bit of luck, they'll explain all. rm_oc__20.JPG jw_oc_20.JPG ld_oc20.JPG These should give an idea of how the pilots look in the planes and the following should give an idea of the size of the pilots which use Mk4 plastic arms and heads (AoBR are Mk5 plastics), warbuggy or old wartruck drivers legs and Mk1 plastic torso, this shot of a Mk4 flanked by two Mk1s will give an idea of the relative sizes. comp2.JPG Either a Mk4 or 5 torso could be cut down or the seat of the cockpit could be buried deeper rm_ocp1.JPG rm_ocp2.JPG jw_oc_p1.JPG jw_ocp2.JPG ld_ocp10.JPG ld_oc2.JPG And 1/48 Ground Support Equipment is spot on for grots GSE.JPG

• RednekkBoss likes this

Harkon Greywolf

Harkon Greywolf

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,243 posts
They're brilliant! And I love that you've made a tractor and fuel wagon as well! Excellent stuff. My hat goes off to you! HG

Whap

Whap

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 191 posts
  • Army Name:Grimrukk Nid-slayer's Boyz
:puke Sorry, it was just too epic...
Warboss Killcount:
Gaunts (32)
Carnifexes (1)
Hive Tyrants (1)
Monoliths (1)

Cateran

Cateran

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 327 posts
  • Army Name:Gor Razh the Konkorer
wow this is realy nice but teh orks (pilots) seem too small kinda likethe third ed ork truck drivers... minor detail good paint job!! -Cateran
Oy did uz kno wood burnz betta dan roks!?

-Bit Gib (the first of the Mek Boyz)