Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dawn of war 2!!!

24 replies to this topic

Keanoobs

Keanoobs

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 66 posts
  • Army Name:Random Dakka!!!
I know this is just DOW, but can it be also DOW 2? I looked at the trailers and stuff, it looks OWNAGE!!! I wanna plan on getting that game, alot better that DOW. Anyone else thinking about this? :search :cheers :thumbs :thumbs
Our weap'ns are Kombi, Killy, an' DAKKA!!!

Alienerd

Alienerd

Wartrukk Gunner

• Grot Rebelz
  • 1,678 posts
  • Army Name:Rebel Grotz
Well we soulstorm owners get the dow2 demo today, just don't know where to find it. Anyone help me out? I dunno if this forum could be for both games, as they are completely different, but then are based off the same, and is a development rather than an expansion, but I'm not sure
How many kans can a killa kan kill if a killa kan can kill kans?

Keanoobs

Keanoobs

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 66 posts
Ummmm, did you try dawnfofwar2.com? :biggrin If that's not it, then I don't know.... But anyways, Dawn of war 2 is a lot better in my perspective. I mean it just OWNS!!! :choppa :cheers :search

RaiderOne

RaiderOne

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 3 posts
For those of you that don't know, the DoW 2 Multiplayer Beta is now availible via Steam for those with a copy of Soul Storm, just register your Cd-key to get accsess. If you don't have Soul Storm you can still get accsess to the beta on the 28th of January. DoW2 has gone Gold and will be released at the end of February.
The man of tomorrow is judged by his battle today.

Soopa man

Soopa man

Runtherder for life

• Boyz
  • 363 posts
  • Army Name:Da justice league of waagh
Best part of DoWII? Kommandos. WAAAGH!

QUOTE ("Orkeosaurus)
God exists, and so does the Devil, only it's really more like twenty Devils, and they all want to see you suffer, and god is paralyzed for life and has to eat souls to keep breathing, but you still worship him because he eats less souls than any of the Devils, and Jesus decided to betray god and his clone still goes around killing people.

And this is why green is best. None of this mucking about with the "lesser of 21 evils" or nuttin. Just krumpin, good an proppa.

Coopervisor

Coopervisor

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 41 posts
I watched the Developers MP walkthrough and it looks awsome. It's basically a full length battle between devs and playtesters (Ork vs panzee). So awsome that i preordered right after watching it. Recommended.
My first Ork Army: Reznik's Deff Kompany | Warboss on Carnosaur (WIP)
Other ideas for projects: Looted Valdor Tank Hunter, up to date Cyboar conversion, converted/scratchbuilt Deff Dred.

Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee

Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee

'Ead Graft

• Boyz
  • 723 posts
  • Army Name:Klan Fishheadz
Any chance of dropping a link to that MP walkthrough thingy?
For da Greena Good!
My Gitz
W:6 D:2 L:2
Current project: Painting Loota's and burna's and trukkboyz (oh my!). Additionally starting Lizardman warhost. Anyone with ideas can PM me
Being a Whiner is easy if your deffinition of inadequate is flexible enough

Coopervisor

Coopervisor

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 41 posts

Any chance of dropping a link to that MP walkthrough thingy?

Sure, it's from the official site...

http://community.daw...om/blogs/?p=479

There's a link to a nice HD version so you can see all the little details. Some of the unit animation is really full of character.
My first Ork Army: Reznik's Deff Kompany | Warboss on Carnosaur (WIP)
Other ideas for projects: Looted Valdor Tank Hunter, up to date Cyboar conversion, converted/scratchbuilt Deff Dred.

shipwreck

shipwreck

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
  • Army Name:Shipprekkaz
Any of you boyz try the multiplayer beta yet? The new Orks are looking good and the bosses are very cool; you can finally play Kommando!

Check it out on Steam and let's get some discussion going. I've only played a few games and got wiped 2/3.

Keg

Keg

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 718 posts
  • Army Name:Keg'z Mek 'Eadz
I downloaded it on Steam, took ages! But then I got my CD code for DOWII, I got it all ready to be set up and played when- it said I can't play it because I don't meat the minum requirements. The same was said for WAR, and it'll cost me 80 to get the right graphics card. the memory, etc. on my computer is fine, just that damn video card! :scowl Keg

Magus Gar Kan

Magus Gar Kan

Kommando

• Blood Axez
  • 969 posts
  • Army Name:Defgrimz Dakka Boyz
I've got soulstorm, but when I went to steam I couldn't find how to get the beta. Anyone have any Idea how to get it?
Offishol Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee certified ork Rokka!
GENERATION 2: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment
"Waaagh! Waaagh! The Greenskins, Oldest Greatest Death Machine..."

Soopa man

Soopa man

Runtherder for life

• Boyz
  • 363 posts
  • Army Name:Da justice league of waagh

I've got soulstorm, but when I went to steam I couldn't find how to get the beta. Anyone have any Idea how to get it?

There's a link on the upper-right hand corner of the default page. Alternatively, search for Dawn of War II, and look for the download option for the demo (should be below the pre-order button).

QUOTE ("Orkeosaurus)
God exists, and so does the Devil, only it's really more like twenty Devils, and they all want to see you suffer, and god is paralyzed for life and has to eat souls to keep breathing, but you still worship him because he eats less souls than any of the Devils, and Jesus decided to betray god and his clone still goes around killing people.

And this is why green is best. None of this mucking about with the "lesser of 21 evils" or nuttin. Just krumpin, good an proppa.

mo0g

mo0g

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 402 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! mo0g
Just thought I'd chime in here to say that DoWII is a whole lot of fun for us orks!. Game is quite imbalanced at the moments but from a 40k perspective, it does feel a lot like you're playing a skirmish game in real time. My computer isn't high-end by anyone's standards, although i did update my graphics card a year or so ago, and I play absolutely fine on 1v1. However, on my slightly older processor I just can't manage 3v3, it's too slow for me to be properly playable, although I'm sure a persistent fan could put up with it.

All in all it looks to be great fun, especially as anyone can now access the multiplayer demo for free on Steam. 3v3 play looks to be where the action is, real carnage, fast paced.

Oh... AND IT HAS BEAMY DEFF GUNS.
mo0g's Badmoons
mo0g's projects - Latest update: Kommandos (April '11)
Big Mek mo0g's Badmoon Blog (external blog)
Scratch Battlewagon - Now painted.
Rokkit Buggies - WIP builds
mo0g gets STOMPY - Optimash Prime Stompa build WIP
Big Mek Challenge VS Morfangdakka - An oldy but a lot of fun! (Lots of broken images, sorry) and the Voting thread. (more broken images...grr)

Other stuff:
mo0g gets tainted - Tzeentch-theme Chaos WIP
mo0g does Necromunda

Black-Tooth

Black-Tooth

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 416 posts
  • Army Name:Black-Tooth Grin Clan
I've played it a few times now and while I find it fun I feel there's a lack of units compaired to the first DOW game. That being said, the graphics are great; it's wonderful to see how each game unit looks almost exactly like their GW miniature counterpart, save for Ork Nobz which are a LOT more beefy. Being able to use cover makes for a much more tactical game - and it's fun to see a Carnifex just stomp right through a wall as if it wasn't there. I'm unsure if it's because it's the Beta, or if it's the way I play, but I often find ranged units are far more effective that close combat units. Slugga boyz can't hold a candle to Shoota boyz, for example. The different HQ choices change the way you can use your army, which is also fun. The Kommando Nob HQ is great with his insane blastin' shotgun! :dakka
Black-Tooth Grin

shipwreck

shipwreck

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
  • Army Name:Shipprekkaz

I'm unsure if it's because it's the Beta, or if it's the way I play, but I often find ranged units are far more effective that close combat units. Slugga boyz can't hold a candle to Shoota boyz, for example.

This is mostly true just because Shootas stuck in behind cover, esp. with Big Shootaz, can light enemy units up before they get to melee range. However if you can get a batch of Sluggaz into a nest of panzee ranged boyz then you can watch some proppa krumpin'. Trouble is bridging that gap before they get suppressed but Stikkbommaz are good for that, or a Boss with pole. :choppa

The different HQ choices change the way you can use your army, which is also fun. The Kommando Nob HQ is great with his insane blastin' shotgun! :dakka

For a minute I was quite confused. I forget that in TT the 'Hero' units are called HQ, right?

I thought you meant tier upgrades for your base and was all like "whaaaaat?".

Alienerd

Alienerd

Wartrukk Gunner

• Grot Rebelz
  • 1,678 posts
  • Army Name:Rebel Grotz
I guess more units will become available in the full version, or at least I hope so
How many kans can a killa kan kill if a killa kan can kill kans?

mo0g

mo0g

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 402 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! mo0g
I don't suppose there's gonna be much more added in terms of content, the game is more about how you use those units than how many you can slap on the table. That said, they're going to be adding a lot of updates before release, so far they've been mostly balance though.
mo0g's Badmoons
mo0g's projects - Latest update: Kommandos (April '11)
Big Mek mo0g's Badmoon Blog (external blog)
Scratch Battlewagon - Now painted.
Rokkit Buggies - WIP builds
mo0g gets STOMPY - Optimash Prime Stompa build WIP
Big Mek Challenge VS Morfangdakka - An oldy but a lot of fun! (Lots of broken images, sorry) and the Voting thread. (more broken images...grr)

Other stuff:
mo0g gets tainted - Tzeentch-theme Chaos WIP
mo0g does Necromunda

Big Mek Gassgutz

Big Mek Gassgutz

Parasite Huntin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 81 posts
  • Army Name:Gassgutz's Wreckin' Krew
I've been playing the DoW II beta for a while now and have a few observations: 1. The game is Company of Heroes 40,000. If you don't know what I mean, I'll explain. While Dawn of War was about controlling the battlefield and swamping your opponents' base with a swarm of units, DoW II is about battlefield control and the tactical use of 3-6 small units. You don't swamp (except perhaps at the endgame) and cover/positioning is king. You don't expand your base, though you do build little power structures and turrets (with the right HQ). 2. The game is hideously unbalanced at the moment. As it stands a good panzee player should wipe the floor with anyone else, which is really sad when you think about it. (panzee get heavy support pinning units at tier 1 for a relatively inexpensive cost and most units can speed boost giving them unmatched mobility save for hormagaunts, which are really weak. Orks have Stikkbommas that can pin an opponent, but it's an active special ability rather than a passive effect of their weapon. beakies have heavy bolter dev squads, but they're expensive. Tyranids get warriors with a barbed strangler, but it's an upgrade that removes their ability to be anti-vehicle/CC.) 3. An upgraded warboss is a beast. Give him a PK, 'eavy armor and the debuff of your choice and he can take on two Dreads in CC. The Kommando Nob requires tactical positioning to be effective, but can call in deep strikers. The Mek is quite shooty and builds buff banners and turrets. 4. People online are tools who try to run the game at higher resolutions and settings than their computer can handle, and this causes them to D/C and/or slow the game down for everyone else. The game has a built-in snitch that tells everyone exactly who is lagging the game. Other than that, I really enjoy this game. It's fun, it's well-made, and it's a worthy successor. I hope that most of the glitches will be worked out before/soon after release. I'm quite looking forward to it!
Da Wreckin' Krew vs:

Beakies: 8/1
Inkwizishun: 3/0/1
Humies: 2/1/1
Spiky Boyz: 1/0
Tin 'Eadz: 2/0
Uvva Boyz: 1/0
Fish 'Eadz: 1/0

Zokmog

Zokmog

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 3 posts
Do the three different heroes significantly change the way you play (besides that individual hero)? Are they sort of like the three doctrines you could pick in Company of Heroes, except you get a hero in the deal as well? Do you get different upgrades and powers and such for the rest of your army. depending on your hero?

Keanoobs

Keanoobs

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 66 posts
I played DOW 2, and its pretty good, but Panzees are too strong and unbalanced. The Tyranid Carnifex are also too cheap, you can spawn them until the pop. cap is reached, pretty cheap. Still its a good game!!! :thumbs :choppa

Reply to this topic