Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Announcement: Cleaning up the roster

17 replies to this topic

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,134 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
We have a fairly big roster, and at times it can be a bit difficult for me to tell who is who and so on. In games such as this people come and go. People quit, move to different servers, stop playing certain characters, etc, and so it is generally a good idea to try and keep the roster as updated as possible.

Now that the initial rush for the game is past, and we are starting to come out of the holiday season I am going to start pruning the roster of long-inactive accounts. I will also continue to do so on a fairly regular basis. So I am going to start with characters that have not been logged in for over 2 months.

However, I don't want to remove people that plan to continue playing. So if you are taking a break for any reason and plan to return then please follow a few steps to help me keep track of you. First, please respond to this post with a short statement and a possible eta to return (even a sketchy one is fine). Please list all of the characters in the guild that will be affected by this. Then, if you are able, please log in and set up a comment on the guild roster for each of your characters with a message that you are taking a break. If you cannot do this for some reason then just say something to me and I can edit the character message for you.

If you return to the game after a break and find your character has been removed from the guild due to inactivity then just talk to me for a reinvite.

There has also been some talk of limiting alts. Alts are fun, and most of us have at least a couple - so I don't want to ban them at all. However, they can really clog up the roster. So for the moment we are going to limit the guild to 3 characters per person. So that gives you a main and 2 alts. If we need to bump up the amount of alts at a later date then we can.

Also, if you have alts then please do me a favor and edit the guild-roster message for each of your alts with an (alt) tag and the name of your main character and/or your forum name. This will really help me to keep track of who all is who - and it is MUCH easier than keeping a roster post here on the forums.

If anyone has any questions or recommendations about anything mentioned in this post then please feel free to post them. Also, I would appreciate if a mod could sticky this.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Dvil

Dvil

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 25 posts
The (alt) note is really really important IMO. I like to help lower level people catch up whenever I can, and would rather spend that time helping main-character lowbies rather than alts. Not that I wouldn't help alts, but I think it's more important to help people catch up to the rest.

Kloc

Kloc

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 59 posts
Leave Ash, Kloc and Iija. Anyone else can be kicked. I'll bring them in as I plan to level them, instead of just doing a "lawlinvite".

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,347 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Thunda Speed Freeks
My Alt (Thrakburzum) became my primary... and now Agatheron is my alt, and is not actually in Da Waaagh... Granted, I've been playing Order with my brother as a Warrior Priest on Ironrock... or whatever that server is called...
______Agatheron \_______
--Remember, long, uncontrolled bursts,
and indiscriminate target selection.
____________________________/

http://chaplainsbrush.wordpress.com/

Thramack

Thramack

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 116 posts
  • Army Name:Thramack Lewtzdat's Deffskullz of Deff
I am out until at least the 1st and since they still don't have anyone in training for this position it may be longer. Can't con them into moving me to a motel with wifi either. Main is Thramack and he will be back as soon as I can get back.
You know if they are "Rare Earth Magnets" why does everyone have them?

"Dey can't fight yoo when yooz iz already got dere stuff" - Thramack Lewtzdat DeffSkull Warbozz

Current Apocalypse Record
Orkz (An dem udder guyz who am tag along) 5 Imperials 0

Sevenshoota

Sevenshoota

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 2 posts
What are ya doin with dat rooster???? Step away from the chikun!!! I dont fink dat is legal! =cackle= Sevenshoota

Dvil

Dvil

• Grotz
  • 25 posts
Whatever happened with this? Is it set up automatically to kick people after a time? The other night 3 people left the guild at the exact same moment and none had just logged on first. One of them was Authun(sp?) who I saw on a lot lately.

Kloc

Kloc

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 59 posts
Authun, Sevenshoota and several others left one day of their own accord I think. Either that or they quit. I'm not certain exactly what happene.

Full_Blooded_Ork

Full_Blooded_Ork

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 871 posts
  • Army Name:Ork Mob
I recently joined up on the server, how do I join the guild? I'm still learning the game.

Dvil

Dvil

• Grotz
  • 25 posts
do a "/who da waaagh" and ask one of the people listed if there is an officer you talk contact.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,134 posts

Whatever happened with this? Is it set up automatically to kick people after a time? The other night 3 people left the guild at the exact same moment and none had just logged on first. One of them was Authun(sp?) who I saw on a lot lately.

In regards to the removal policy, I have not actually removed anyone due to inactivity yet. I do plan to clean-up the roster, and I made this announcement to get people ready for it - I just keep getting side-tracked or forgetting to actually do it.

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,651 posts
  • Army Name:Dethskulls and Badmoons...verging more on Freebooters...
sort of the opposite for me... I think I never got back in to the guild after the last server jump and I ended up leveling a bit then going on a break. At any rate... after March12, I'll be playing a bit more.. still casual but at least on a weekly basis...
CODE
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Check out my site and blog. Pardon the horrendous design.. it's a WiP

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,134 posts
I played the Choppa a bit today - it was glorious. But, now I am gonna go play Dawn of War 2!

Full_Blooded_Ork

Full_Blooded_Ork

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 871 posts
  • Army Name:Ork Mob
A dumb question but how did you unlock the choppa, from the little I read it seemed like you had to wait till the event finished first.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,134 posts

A dumb question but how did you unlock the choppa, from the little I read it seemed like you had to wait till the event finished first.

I played him for a short while on the test server.

Dedwrekka

Dedwrekka

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 242 posts
I'm on a break at the moment, as I don't have a lot of free time. I'll be returning some time in March, but mostly on the weekends.

Scarpia

Scarpia

No Gud Lootin' Git!

• Deathskullz
  • 5,708 posts
  • Army Name:Warboss Bobz Killa Konvitkz
Please note I've canceled my WAR account. Good luck storming the castle, boyz!
meh.

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,802 posts
  • Army Name:Nosherz Ladz
Hey gang - I'm still alive, just haven't played War in a few months. I do plan to come back, this month or next, life's just been very hectic lately.
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

You know Nosher's MO, anything he paints blue is automatically his.

- Nosher

Reply to this topic