Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Big Mek Challenges

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

akurat-dakka

akurat-dakka

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 130 posts
  • Army Name:Da flyin' armarda
Yeah, thats my new job. I hunt the new challenges down and post them here, and shmargool posts the looking for list.
'Ere to fix your gubbinz!'

Quote: Big mek, DoW

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. GENERATION 6 The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

akurat-dakka

akurat-dakka

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 130 posts
  • Army Name:Da flyin' armarda
Sorry for the double post, but my first challenge has started! Me v Kaptin Shmargool: Da fighta bommas!
'Ere to fix your gubbinz!'

Quote: Big mek, DoW

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. GENERATION 6 The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

de4dmeta1

de4dmeta1

Kommando

• Deathskullz
  • 919 posts
  • Army Name:Klan Infernoz
Well, me and Morfangdakka are now going head to head with some good ol' fashioned Boomwagons.

Big Mek Challenge #LOTZ - Da Boomwagon Bash
Da Ancient Deffskull
*farts dust*

Grand Warlord Skarsnik Kren Zahubu, lord of Klan Infernoz
'Is Supreme Killyness, Da Ork Eternal, Chosen uv da Godz, and Da Skurge uv Angelis
'You fools! You can't kill what's already dead!'
Rather appropriate I'm still a Kommando, no?

Blake

Blake

Explosive Kranium

• Snakebitez
  • 600 posts
  • Army Name:No name I'm afraid...
Squiggoth stomp between me and Grimgor Grubskraga: 2 squiggoths - one winner...
I also brought in the new year by painting, although it was painting the inside of a toilet.
- Drew Da Destroya ('appy new year thread)

“There won't be any flogging on this one.” – Kaptun Krum (Book club thread)
Sproston Green’s reply - “Owwww. *slinks off, dragging whip*”

DJ Lockjaw

DJ Lockjaw

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 308 posts
DaBlackGobbo and I are in the midst of a looted wagon challenge at the moment, which can be found here.

http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=39613
QUOTE (hakbash @ Aug 17 2008, 02:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WAAAGH! da wetting oneself

uberdark

uberdark

Periscope

• Evil Sunz
  • 781 posts
  • Army Name:WAZDAKKA'S WAAAAGH!!!
my challenge is here again. i would like to challenge anyone to a one month long convershun and paintin' big mek challenge. rules: not many. category: battlewagon wysiwyg. start date:whenever we figure it out. end date: 30 days after we figure it out. how i choose: first come, first to face my wrath. :lol

Komisarr Blitzrukk

Komisarr Blitzrukk

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 231 posts
  • Army Name:151st BloodAxe ellite
Da challenge of da burny trukks is on!

Komisarr Blitzrukk V's Waaagh Baron

Watch it here
"Wake up," He bellowed, giving the Weirdboy two quick slaps on the face. The Weirdboy opened one eye.

"Amber twelve..." said the Human voice. "Squig?" said the Weirdboy.

"No, Not amber twelve, squig, Princeps," said the human voice. "Amber twelve, ten..."

"Squig now!"

"Im sorry, Princeps Marnoc, I'll repeat that. No - I dont know what a squig is."

Story Time!

Fishspit

Fishspit

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 574 posts
  • Army Name:Da 'Ell Raysas
Challenge cancelled due to lack of interest, problems with real life...and dissapionting lack of skorchas at my FLGS. I've learned my lesson then. :(
QUOTE (Khestra the Unbeheld @ Jan 26 2011, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Given a firm-enough concept, Abnett could write a shortbread cookie recipe and make it entertaining. Personal tastes may vary, though, not everyone is down with shortbread cookies.

"Yes, yes! Away with the cartoony garnish! These Wolves are so ****ing mean and tough, they are going to ****ing come round Horusís crib and **** him up so ****ing nasty, he wonít be able to ******* without a **** and two sturdy ***** ****. Actually, they are so ****ing ***** and ******* ***** *****, they donít even like being called Space Wolves. THATíS how hard they are!"
-Dan Abnett

jono

jono

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 609 posts
  • Army Name:Evil Goff Rockers
okay I would fishspit but I dont have the monies to buy a scorcha right now so instead I challenge any who want to enter (2 more meks would be nice) to build a big mek with shokk attack gun or kustom force field rules- none really just PM me if your interested
sorry for spelling!!!:Ģ
QUOTE (Gornob Grimgul @ Sep 6 2009, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kommandos are our round peg that fits into whatever square holes we can find, by comparison, MANz are a square peg hammered into any hole you decide to make.
-uses for Kommandoes-

DaBlackGobbo

DaBlackGobbo

Flash Git

• Speed Freaks
  • 1,105 posts
  • Army Name:no name yet
Any one up for a Mega dread build off? Send me a PM
na na na na na na na na leader.....

Kaptin Shmarghool

Kaptin Shmarghool

Tankbusta Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 442 posts
  • Army Name:Shmarghool's Space Sharkz
Ok, I'm copying the list from page one to ease the challengers. If anyone changed their mind, please PM me:

• nkelsch - 3 squiggoth's
  • Waaagh!Hound - up for anything
  • Magus Gar Kan - deff dred
  • Warboss GargDregga - looted wagon
  • Stuart - flash gitz, grot rebels, slugga boys
  • cragum - warboss/warlord
  • Warboss Tom - custom bigboss, battlewaggon
  • Luku - small scale mek-off
  • Waaaghzila - up for anything
  • Mortus the Corrupter - deff dreads
  • Zsoulless - nob mob
  • DaBlackGobbo - up for anything, mega dread
  • MaddaMek - SAG big mek
  • Kleiner Zorn - deffkopta, mega dread

On with da challangez!

Waaagh! Shawass - plundering the galaxy with unpainted models since 2006 :D

mo0g

mo0g

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 402 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! mo0g
Just as an FYI Morfangdakka and I completed our Looted Wagon Mek Challenge a few months ago, and I'm not currently looking for another challenge... yet. Cheers :cheers
mo0g's Badmoons
mo0g's projects - Latest update: Kommandos (April '11)
Big Mek mo0g's Badmoon Blog (external blog)
Scratch Battlewagon - Now painted.
Rokkit Buggies - WIP builds
mo0g gets STOMPY - Optimash Prime Stompa build WIP
Big Mek Challenge VS Morfangdakka - An oldy but a lot of fun! (Lots of broken images, sorry) and the Voting thread. (more broken images...grr)

Other stuff:
mo0g gets tainted - Tzeentch-theme Chaos WIP
mo0g does Necromunda

jack da greenskin

jack da greenskin

Loota Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,223 posts
  • Army Name:jack's ork army
This thread is a bit dead but I'm hoping someone sees this,

DOES ANYONE WANT A BIG MEK CHALLENGE MAKING GROT TANKS?

I'd prefer it to be soon as I'm planing on having a few before june 5th. I'm up for mekkin a few more after that though.
QUOTE (Kingh on paroxyism vs waaagh banner.)
This is just further proof that none of the 5th Ed Codexes received any play-testing beyond Mat Ward running around the building with a Land Speeder model whilst screaming 'VROOM VROOM'

FREEBOOTA ANTHEM
paintbrush 2010 kill count:

AlexG

AlexG

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 67 posts
I'm sort of thinking about making a grot tank, so if there was a competition, it'd fit in great! So that's a yes, i'd like a BMC making grot tanks.
Currently accepting comissions.

jack da greenskin

jack da greenskin

Loota Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,223 posts

I'm sort of thinking about making a grot tank, so if there was a competition, it'd fit in great!

So that's a yes, i'd like a BMC making grot tanks.

Game on? I ordered some stuff a few days ago, so I will be able to start my mekkin a few days time. I dont know when you want to set the start date, I was hoping to get these guys done for 5th june spearhead game I'm involved in, but that doesnt give much time from here, so say, 31 days after we start is the deadline, but I'm aiming to finish before.

I dont mind starting right away, so reply if your ready and we can let da mekkin begin!
This is just further proof that none of the 5th Ed Codexes received any play-testing beyond Mat Ward running around the building with a Land Speeder model whilst screaming 'VROOM VROOM'

FREEBOOTA ANTHEM

AlexG

AlexG

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 67 posts
Sure, right away is doable for me. Let's go!

jack da greenskin

jack da greenskin

Loota Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,223 posts
sounds great, I'll make the thread and sketch a few blooprints. good luck. normally the ruling is game/codex legal, but these are so ramshackle and misshapen I dont think it really matters.

FREEBOOTA ANTHEM

jack da greenskin

jack da greenskin

Loota Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,223 posts
Thread is up, http://www.the-waaag...764#entry612193

Do you want them to be painted or built by the deadline?

FREEBOOTA ANTHEM

Kaptin Gnarlock

Kaptin Gnarlock

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 20 posts
  • Army Name:Kaptin Gnarlock's Freebooterz
I would like to challenge someone to a Deff Dread BMC. I want to make a kitbashed/scratchbuilt DD, and since i'm terrible at staying on track, it'd be nice to have an opponent! I would like to start ASAP, we could make it from the 15th of May to the 15th of June, perhaps?
Visit my blogsite for more detailed information about my various projects :)

AlexG

AlexG

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 67 posts
Eeeeh... I don't have access to any paints or painting materials at the moment, so I won't be able to get it painted. I can get it built, ready for paint though.