Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Big Mek Challenges

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
The Big Mek Challenge seems to have caught on in a big way, which is great. As suggested by Orrik, we've pinned this thread to give you all a place to post links to the threads in the Mek's Garage.

What we suggest is that you organise your challenges by PM or in a thread here in the Fightin' Pit, then one of the challengers posts an announcement about the challenge here, with a link to the thread in the Mek's Garage. The announcement can be a simple post, or you can include a bit of fluff and/or humour - remember you're trying to attract an audience. Rather than posting again on the same challenge, you should update the original post as you like (for instance, when the challenge has been won you could edit the original post to say who the winner is).

You may want to start a new voting thread in the Trophy Rack when you've finished painting your models (asuming the challenge includes painting - if it doesn't then the voting thread should be in the Mek's Garage). That's up to you. If you do start a new thread for voting, just remember to update the links here so people know where to go to vote.

It would be a good idea not to fill this thread with posts discussing the challenges, or it will be harder for people to find the relevant links. If necessary, the HQ will prune this thread to keep it clean.

We'll see how this goes. It shouldn't be necessary to have a whole lot of rules, as we think the forum's Big Meks can be trusted to agree on the terms of the challenge (or, failing that, to sort out out the traditional way with lump hammers at dawn). We're assuming you'll be determining the winner by use of the voting buttons. One issue is prizes. You can agree between yourselves that the winner of a challence gets something, but it's nothing to do with the HQ and we won't get involved in any disputes (other than to kick heads if people break forum rules). So perhaps you might want to just enter these challenges for the glory and adulation rather than material gain.

Remember you can nominate the best builds for including in the Oila'z Blooprintz or the Bigmek Klassiks.

To date, there have been 3 challenges:

Sukigod v Uberdark - Boomwagon Build (Challenge won by Skuigod; both models are now immortalised as Klassiks).

Ug Thok v Dakkabu - Da Warbike Boogaloo (Still underway).

Orrik v Magus Gar Kan - Da Looted Wagon Buildoff (Still underway).

Check them out if you haven't already! Happy modelling!

Da Management

Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

akurat-dakka

akurat-dakka

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 130 posts
  • Army Name:Da flyin' armarda
Deff Korp Of KRIEG VS RednekkBoss - Battlewagon (Underway)

Newest contest. Just in case they forgot :thumbs

'Ere to fix your gubbinz!'

Quote: Big mek, DoW

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. GENERATION 6 The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

akurat-dakka

akurat-dakka

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 130 posts
Please post a notice of your challenge in this thread when you start the challenge!

The inordinate amount of new challenges that have been created are not conforming to the above rule, Which means that less people see them. It is of benefit to both you and your fellow forum members If you post a notice in here. as you can see from the above post, I have already posted a link to DKoK and RB's challenge. From now on it is your responsibility!

Sorry if I was a bit above myself mods and admins, I just think that there should be a notice in here for each challenge.

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. GENERATION 6 The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

akurat-dakka

akurat-dakka

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 130 posts
that will be: Orrik Vs Khork : Battlefortress
Just take that extra time to tell people what it is.

Khetep

Khetep

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 40 posts
Big Mek Challenge: Khetep vs Your_azz Looted tanks :)
"I need more dice"

W/L/D
5/0/0

akurat-dakka

akurat-dakka

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 130 posts
That link is corrupt, please replace it with this link: http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=38304

Khetep

Khetep

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 40 posts
Hmm, I tried to change it with that link but it still doesn't work. :rolleyes
"I need more dice"

W/L/D
5/0/0

akurat-dakka

akurat-dakka

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 130 posts
Ok, could the management take a look? :search

morfangdakka

morfangdakka

tougher than a cybork

• Deathskullz
  • 1,402 posts
  • Army Name:Morfang's Big Stompa Mob
MoOg vs. Morfangdakka (Done)
Vote here
QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Mar 24 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the Venerable Morfangdakka. It has a certain feel to it.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

Warboss GargDregga

Warboss GargDregga

Flash Git

• Freebooterz
  • 1,081 posts
  • Army Name: Waaagh! Dregga or Klan Dregga
Warboss GargDregga accepting Zagursnik's Flash Git Challenge. To be started Orkuary (Feburary) 1st, and last da whole of dis 'ere 'little' month. Link will be added to post once Feb/challenge starts. Oooh... Subtitle thought Zagursnik... 28 Days! ;) WGD
... IT'S MADE OF PLASTIC!!!! - KROOZA

"I can fix dat." - Gooba - Baltimore Gamesday 2006.

Waaagh! Dregga Medusa V Game Tally: Ranked 5th overall in AUS/NZ region. 102nd Globally.

"Yeah, we flew our space church across 500 light years to get to this planet taken over by the orks. Now we're going to drop from orbit in buckets and run out and shoot pistols and hit people in the head with chainsaws. Ultramarines!" - Zack

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,558 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
It has begun
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Kaptin Shmarghool

Kaptin Shmarghool

Tankbusta Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 442 posts
  • Army Name:Shmarghool's Space Sharkz
Big Mek Challenge 8: Skoby vs. Kaptin Shmarghool (FLASHY Flash Git Challenge)

Waaagh! Shawass - plundering the galaxy with unpainted models since 2006 :D

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
  • Army Name:Da Zoggin Zoggers
Hot on the heals of Big Mek Challenge 2: Warbike Boogaloo comes:

Big Mek Challenge 0U812: BATTLEFORTRESS BEATDOWN!!!

You may pay for a seat, but you'll only be using...The EDGE! (thanks uberdark!)
Easy Waaaghers
MEGA Armored Warboss TOEGNASHER
Da DurDregga

Behind Brother-Captain Bob, a great rift opened from the void, and space elves hopped out with cookies. In their time of greatest peril, Craftworld Keebler came to the Mon Keigh. Unfortunately for both, this would be no ordinary bake sale.

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,558 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
Big Mek Challenge X: Big Mek Muk up!
So apparently there is something in the water in the Land Down Unda. I'm not even done takin on one Aussie & already I've got another knocking at my door for a challenge. Well the Floyd boyz never back down so get ready NCODB, I hope ya got more then flying tankbustaz in your bitz box! Good Luck :cheers
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,800 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
And so Dim manages to drop himself in it:

Big Mek's Challenge 1000 - Gretchin Bango Duel - Dim vs Killerdou, Grots vs. Grot Kommandos

DAKKABU

DAKKABU

Wreckage loota

• Deathskullz
  • 440 posts
  • Army Name:88th Mekanized Krumpany / Deathskullz
Oi, i thinks it's time to update the first post in this thread. :P
QUOTE (Nikbash @ Apr 1 2009, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"If yer aint green, blue wearin, loot luvin, lucky, back talkin, PK stealin, choppa thievin, kustom job usin, mo dakka shootin, tatoo covered, MORK luvin, scrap collectin, skumgrod scavagin, nickin lootz den yer aint proppa."

Masta Loota: No one ever said you had to loot from your enemies!

Khetep

Khetep

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 40 posts
Link to the second BMC between me and Your_azz, our other one is finished. :cheers
http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=39143
"I need more dice"

W/L/D
5/0/0

Kaptin Shmarghool

Kaptin Shmarghool

Tankbusta Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 442 posts
  • Army Name:Shmarghool's Space Sharkz
Ok mekz! Diz iz da list o' challengez!

Everyone who want a challenge can post it HERE, then I'll update the list below.

• nkelsch - 3 squiggoth's
  • Waaagh!Hound - up for anything
  • Magus Gar Kan - deff dred
  • Warboss GargDregga - looted wagon
  • Stuart - flash gitz, grot rebels, slugga boys
  • mo0g - lootas, deff dreads, kans
  • cragum - warboss/warlord
  • Warboss Tom - custom bigboss, battlewaggon
  • Luku - small scale mek-off
  • Waaaghzila - up for anything
  • Mortus the Corrupter - deff dreads
  • Zsoulless - nob mob
  • DaBlackGobbo - up for anything
  • MaddaMek - SAG big mek

Waaagh! Shawass - plundering the galaxy with unpainted models since 2006 :D

akurat-dakka

akurat-dakka

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 130 posts
Ah, Shmargool, could you take me off the list. Money reasons.

Edit: new challenge:Waaagh!hound V oneofdaladz: Warbuggy/ Wartrakk challenge

Waaagh!Hound

Waaagh!Hound

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 22 posts
i just came to put ours in here, but you already did it xD thanks, akurat :D