Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Boyz - Growling in their War paint

* * * - - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Toxic_Bunny

Toxic_Bunny

Steel Teef

• Grot Rebelz
  • 685 posts
  • Army Name:Big Lenny's 'alf-Pints
About 3 years ago I cooked up some fluff for the "Death skull Rebelz" and did some minor conversions here and there but had always been too scared to ruin a decent minor conversion with a "botched pain job"

That fear has since passed (helped a friend paint his Tin men and this built up my confidence) and thus I present to you Big Lenny, leader of the Death Skull rebelion, and his faithful "stikk bomb launcha" Chukkit:

Posted Image

A close up of Chukkit:

Posted Image

The idea to add Chukkit came to me when I saw a spare Stikkbomb lying about and the one snotling with a small spear - I liked the idea that the liberator of the gretchins would rather have a crazed snotling throw bombs at the enemy instead of using a conventional launcha - thus I ripped the bomb off the original handle and tranferred it to the snotling :)
Always stay true to Ork beliefs: Bloo is lucky, Red makes fings go fasta, and rivits can fix ANYTHING!!!

Big Lenny's Death Skull Rebellion

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,775 posts
  • Army Name:Freak'd out Skulls
Mega armoured... grot? My God, thats hilarious idea! I like using Troll head and Chukkit (btw his frag look little bended...). I wait for more!
Moldmaking tutorials [part 1] [part2]

woop

woop

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 131 posts
that....is.... so COOL! really nice idea Bunny! was it hard to get the trolls head fit in?
People who do stuff make mistakes... I make no mistakes :D

I'm the bane of all that is grammar!

Toxic_Bunny

Toxic_Bunny

Steel Teef

• Grot Rebelz
  • 685 posts
MaddaMek - yes, alas Chukkit did have a slight "knock" and it caused the stikk of the bomb to bend but, the way I figure it, it is still acceptable and adds "character :P

woop - The troll's head was easier to add to "Grodfing" (a straight glue job). With Big Lenny I had to use some greenstuff to manufacture a bit of a stilt to give the neck a further elevation AND I purposfully used a stone troll head with "nipped" ears to make it easier to fit with the jaw.

The new stone trolls, alas, no longer look like blown up gretchins so they are not of use to my little project anymore but, one can still obtain the previous renditions from direct order so there is still hope if I need more of them.

Luckily I still have one or two river troll heads, and I think one more stone troll head to use for other Gargrots - will see if I do more of them or keep the rest of the army in the "normal sized" categories - I know I want to use a mixture of Katachan and either the new gretchins or fantasy goblins for kommandos.

edit - realised it might be helpful to link Grodfing's post to this one: Grodfing can be found here
Always stay true to Ork beliefs: Bloo is lucky, Red makes fings go fasta, and rivits can fix ANYTHING!!!

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,829 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
Hehe nice twist on the Rebel Theme!

For the Rebel Grot Codex (for Blakkreaper's Clanz Projekt) I'm working on, introducing Doks has been troublesome for me, but I've been been playing around with the idea of Doks as mad scientists, doing generally more harm than good - its nice to see I'm not the only RG player to warm to the idea!

It would be nice if you made yer leader Zork's champion, rather than Gork and Mork, but regardless this is a cool model. Nice idea for the Troll Heads...

DAKKABU

DAKKABU

Wreckage loota

• Deathskullz
  • 440 posts
  • Army Name:88th Mekanized Krumpany / Deathskullz
A bit of my orky soul died today as I saw where all those pesky grots went to. :lol Maybe a bit weedy, but at least your definitely proppa with the bloo paint! Now I just got to make sure me own grots don't get any weedy ideas from this. Is it just me, or would big lenny make a great kill team nemesis boss or what?
QUOTE (Nikbash @ Apr 1 2009, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"If yer aint green, blue wearin, loot luvin, lucky, back talkin, PK stealin, choppa thievin, kustom job usin, mo dakka shootin, tatoo covered, MORK luvin, scrap collectin, skumgrod scavagin, nickin lootz den yer aint proppa."

Masta Loota: No one ever said you had to loot from your enemies!

Toxic_Bunny

Toxic_Bunny

Steel Teef

• Grot Rebelz
  • 685 posts
Dim_Reapa - I would be more than happy to apply "Zork" but, somehow I have always seen "Gork and Mork" as more than apt for a gretchin rebelion, they are cunning enough to help those with the mind of a grot to think above the "big boyz" and brutal enough to slip a blade in the dark. DAKKABU - would be more than happy to help the soul dieing for the fellow blue painted bretheren - NOTHING quite nicks property like a grot with an itch! ;)

DA BIG ORK

DA BIG ORK

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 122 posts
  • Army Name:Da Big Orkz

It would be nice if you made yer leader Zork's champion, rather than Gork and Mork, but regardless this is a cool model. Nice idea for the Troll Heads...

Re-codifying a religious doctrine to suit a new political faction has vast historical precedence, especially in a universe with a worshipped "Emperor" being named "False Emperor" by his spiky opponents.

How hard would it be to convince a bunch of downtrodden grots that Gork and Mork are really supernatural gretchin, and that the fascist orks are the true heretics?

The real question is: are there any weirdgrotz, and will TB be making one?
"The only good part of a war is its ending."
- Abraham Lincoln

Alienerd

Alienerd

Wartrukk Gunner

• Grot Rebelz
  • 1,678 posts
  • Army Name:Rebel Grotz
I love the use of the troll head, I always thought it looked like an oversized grot head, and this helps it be proved. He's a miracle in Ork zenos reproduction. Somehow his genes were spliced during the sporing process, due to a damaged fungus, which brought aroud the spawning of a creature midway between a grot and an ork. He was swiftly captured by the Imperial Ordo zenos during a small skirmish and expreimented on. During a raid of the inquisitorial compound though by the previously encountered deff skulls, the weirdboy accosiation made its way to the lab of the outpost, and the limbless half dead torso of Big Lenny was recovered. Back on the hold of the Deff Skull Krooza, the Meks and Painboys set to work rebuilding Lenny into a Killa Kan mk 2.0. He promptly escaped with his grot comrades to the Los Angeles underground where they now act as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no-one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire,the Def Skull Grot rebellion... Just started coming up with my own fluff there, soz
How many kans can a killa kan kill if a killa kan can kill kans?

kill'taLot

kill'taLot

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 141 posts
  • Army Name:waaagh ruffsnik
whow! thats lookin real bad ass :<span class=biggrin' /> the idea is awesome :thumbs the trollhead fits the gob really nice lookin ahead to the rest of the army !!
orksez " TEKNOLOGEE " iz ta best 'ere iz!
afta all if 'ere iz no " ORKS ", 'ere iz no GAMES W" ORKS "HOP

live by the rule of KISS !! Keep It Stupid Simple

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,829 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

Dim_Reapa - I would be more than happy to apply "Zork" but, somehow I have always seen "Gork and Mork" as more than apt for a gretchin rebelion, they are cunning enough to help those with the mind of a grot to think above the "big boyz" and brutal enough to slip a blade in the dark.

Well I invented Zork to give Grots their own God - I'm sure some Gretchin would still worship Gork and Mork, but they are supposedly Ork psychic projections - they probably wouldn't concern themselves with the issues of 'runts'. Do whatever you like for your Rebels, just trying to promote the ideas I write about - it would be great if other Rebel Grot players were influenced by the Xenology Articles - the idea is to give them their own identity away from the Orks - and if there were enough Rebels concerned with Gretchin identity, chances are they would manifest their own 'god' in the warp. I assume the idea is this is your Big Lenny is your Rebel Ghazkhull? If that's the case that helps your own blog - its up to you whether you buy blog I write or come up with your own - that's what the hobby is for.

Re-codifying a religious doctrine to suit a new political faction has vast historical precedence, especially in a universe with a worshipped "Emperor" being named "False Emperor" by his spiky opponents.

How hard would it be to convince a bunch of downtrodden grots that Gork and Mork are really supernatural gretchin, and that the fascist orks are the true heretics?

The real question is: are there any weirdgrotz, and will TB be making one?

Yeah but Gork and Mork probably wouldn't 'help out' Grots that were rebelling against Orks - that would probably be counter-productive - especially if the Grots try to take on Ghazkhull - you have the counter-arguement still there, but no forseeable benefits - surely its just as easy to create your own god to serve your own political purposes - something the Gretchin don't understand so that you can shape them in your own image?

Chaos call the 'Emperor' the false 'emperor' but they don't even deify him, they have their own gods, and this is my point.

On Wierdgrots, I use them in my Blog & codex - I tie them to Zork and their powers are more controlled and less random than Ork Wierdboyz but tied to the psychic emotion of the Gretchin masses. as to whether TB will want Wierdgrots in his Rebel Hoard, that's up to him.

Toxic_Bunny

Toxic_Bunny

Steel Teef

• Grot Rebelz
  • 685 posts
I think Gork and Mork would aprove of rebellion. A rebellion is a show of cunning, brutality, and a damn good punch up all round - sound like their general solid principles ;) I have thought about doing a weird boy, might just be lazy/spineless again and do up weirdboy model by replacing the head on the current one (have him from the spear head box, so might as well put him to use :P) I know I want the Mekk to be a gretching rather than a gargrot, or perhaps make both... the gretchin I want tricked out in something like the beakie techmarine's 4 armed back pack. Possibly use a Gargrot for a Mekk with a kustom Force Shield though. Alienerd - If you feel the need to make your own Gargrot - go for it - I would love to see the idea and the term "breed" more followers. I know Krooza used to use a troll from Blood Bowl but, he had another term for the breed's name. With Lenny: I like the idea that he volunteered to have himself super sized rather than captured and "done against his will" (sort of what happined to Grodfing though - he was a Mad Dokk's helper till the day the Dokk thought it would be fun to mess about with his genetics)

Orkeosaurus

Orkeosaurus

Tankbusta Boy

• Grot Rebelz
  • 437 posts
  • Army Name:Orks
This whole thing's a good example of why you don't give your grots too much food.
"Feer iz only justiss: quik, mean and unstopible; it is den somefing dat's gud. Its not uh seprit fing as much as itz a nacherul part uv da hole idea uv da Revulooshun, used fer da most importint cause uv da grots." --- Attributed to Da Red Gobbo

Alienerd

Alienerd

Wartrukk Gunner

• Grot Rebelz
  • 1,678 posts
'm actually making my Gargrot grey knight/ogryn proxy minis for my Rebel Grotz. The first one was mostly just mechanical bits, from a termie, crisis suit and other mekka minis, and the second is more organic, with a grots brain, the third is a grot in n exospiece of panzee dungon, the fourth is more of a metalically enhanced grot, like a cybork, and the fifth is gonna be a genetically enhanced one. They're supposed to be the different marks of the Gargrot, showing how my oddgrots have developed away from their ork masters. For the mek/techpriest Im gonna make a techpriest/techbeakie backpack and have lots of red and blue paint pots that he uses to give vehicles good luck and speed.

Ranalcus

Ranalcus

Burna Boy

• Blood Axez
  • 400 posts
  • Army Name:Kommanda DurGob Grub-Boyz
Oh my Mork (not weedy Gork)! It's a Gargrot! Where's my Kannon! You Pesky Rebelz... :choppa

Attached Thumbnails

• Kill_it_with_fire_scorpio.gif

DA BIG ORK

DA BIG ORK

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 122 posts
  • Army Name:Da Big Orkz

Yeah but Gork and Mork probably wouldn't 'help out' Grots that were rebelling against Orks - that would probably be counter-productive - especially if the Grots try to take on Ghazkhull - you have the counter-arguement still there, but no forseeable benefits - surely its just as easy to create your own god to serve your own political purposes - something the Gretchin don't understand so that you can shape them in your own image?

Which is why I asked if there are any weirdgrotz. If Gork & Mork allow weirdgrots, then that is a tacit approval of supagrotz (grotty pantheon aside). Besides, orks are well known for betting teef on squigfights to pass the time between krumpin' beakies. Why wouldn't Gork & Mork arrange a little "squigfight" of their own; Supagrotz Vs. Da Galaxee! And if you had a prophet, would you test him to see if he is worthy? I would.
"The only good part of a war is its ending."
- Abraham Lincoln

Toxic_Bunny

Toxic_Bunny

Steel Teef

• Grot Rebelz
  • 685 posts
One of my next editions for the Death Skull Reblion: Zod Bad'un (The blue renegade) and his faithful boss pole carrying snotling:

Posted Image

Some profile shots of Zod:

Posted Image

And his carrier:

Posted Image

I did the seperate boss pole carrier as I didn't like the idea of a boss pole being attached to Zod - only minor alteration I did with Zod was to remove his hand with the rod and replaced it with a pincer claw from Inquisitor somewhere if memory serves.

The banner carrier is a snotling with it's spear clipped off to the hand, a fantasy spiece of panzee dungon spear clipped at the and and below the point (turned upside down as to make it look like the metal shaft has been wrapped to the wooden shaft) with a knot from an ork arm that had a bandage wrapped around it. Then last but not least - some plasticard for the glyph with a small piece of spear shaft to look like the front of the screw and the back end coming from the bottom of the one choppa - a dash of green stuff to make the cloth stretch over the pin used to enshure that the shaft stays put and a slight mound for the little snotter to stand on from the left over green stuff, then covered with rough sand.

Alienerd

Alienerd

Wartrukk Gunner

• Grot Rebelz
  • 1,678 posts
Reminds me of that claw guy and his cat from inspector gadget. The claw works well on the red (now bloo) Gobbo, and I still have to get one for my rebels. are you using 'umie rules or orks for these?

Toxic_Bunny

Toxic_Bunny

Steel Teef

• Grot Rebelz
  • 685 posts
Alienerd - lol, that would be "Doctor Claw". I intend on Ork rules, prefer them in flavour and feel to those of the weedy 'umies. The bosspole carrier is not so much a "unit" as a way to make Zod WYSIWYG for having a bosspole and a power claw - if he is a nob to leed, say a group of boyz.

Toxic_Bunny

Toxic_Bunny

Steel Teef

• Grot Rebelz
  • 685 posts
Right then new model in the contruction phases and an "oldie" that needs to be painted up.

The new pet project is my weirdboy/'ead Banga Manik Morgrim (his name isn't Manik but everybody else tends to call him that :P). I am using a "River Troll" head for Manik - removed some of the more obvious river and sea memrobelia off him (fish bones from the one side and a periwinkle shell from the other ear) and filed off his top hair piece along with the "top horn" that the river troll heads tend to have - it has been replaced with a Green Stuff Brain, the next step will be a little more green stuff work to get the brain bound down with some "skin" from the rest of the head. I am still "of two minds" wether or not to give him the "dead hand" ear ring - as it might make the head too cluttered - would love an opinion on that one.

Posted Image

The older project that needs painting was originally intended as a looted lass cannon, but since that option is no longer available I am thinking of fielding him as an alternate Loota with Deffgun - still contemplating if he will see "the fields of battle" or mearly become a footnote on my blog for "conversions of the past"...

Posted Image

Comments and crits would, as always, be much apreciated :)