Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wazzdakka Gutzmek

* * * * - 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
  • Army Name:Feral
So Lorax looking for a new clan? Its true, I may have KoS in my future.
So, I ended up trading the Yamato that I had to Morfang. That said I am making a KoS biker army, and need a new boss. Who better than Wazzdakka? So I picked up a few model motorcycle kits and got to work. The kits were large scale, but I ended up bashing them anyways.
Here is where it stands right now. Still need: (1) more exhausts (2) cowl for the front gun (3) skins for the front forks (4) trophy flaming skulls (5) rider (6) back fender (7) lots o gear.
So he has a long way to go. This was my first cut at him though, and I am liking how he is coming so far.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

If anything the bike is way too big, but that means he can smash over more humies. I am going to aim to keep the boss the standard size of a boss, which poses a bit of a problem due to the size of the bike, but we will see how it goes.
:cheers
Lorax
QUOTE (4tonmantis @ Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lorax: Da MacGyver uv da Waaagh!

QUOTE (Zagursnik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

Alienerd

Alienerd

Wartrukk Gunner

• Grot Rebelz
  • 1,678 posts
  • Army Name:Rebel Grotz
Looks quite nice at the moment, but the exhaust pipes need beefing up, and maybe make the wheels straight.
How many kans can a killa kan kill if a killa kan can kill kans?

sp3c

sp3c

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 508 posts
  • Army Name:1 mekanized Whaaaagh
it's got a deffrolla! that's the bike of the aporkolypse allright :D
New tenants wanted for Ork Town. Prime real estate up for grabs. Low rents and plenty of fighting, boozing and proppaness. Check out the kompetition thread and register your interest by August 1st.

deamoncow

deamoncow

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,031 posts
  • Army Name:Da Gear Boyz
i don't like the front fork
WAAAGH DA GEAR BOYZ!
Warboss~Gregza Un Bonzif da Stompy
Big Mek~Big Mek Dogbreff

If there is an Ork Stompa released by GW anytime this year I will eat my own genitalz winkingOrk.gif
~Kr00za

I'm holding you to this Kr00za, you better do it. Pics or medical forms as proof

HAMPSTER SQUADRON my webcomic! http://hamsquadcomic.googlepages.com/

weird al orkavic

weird al orkavic

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 248 posts
  • Army Name:da metal eads
the basic shape looks good, but it still needs some plasti-card and rivets. also, I would beef up the front guns or add on to them.
"team work is essential. it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at." 'umies field manual; page 157, chapter 7
"I am here to kill the heretic and traitor, Bob the puppy kicker" Unnamed Inquisitor
"a ork walkz out of a bar...OI! Ztop wit ya laughin', it kould 'appen..."Unnamed ork boy

uglybeast

uglybeast

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 397 posts
  • Army Name:oDd Ballz
The exhaust...can you make it bigger? Looks too weedy for the size of the engine.

Consider the wheel idea LOOTED! :biggrin

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
Thanks for all the feedback. I did a little more work on it today, and there is still quite a ways for it to go.

i don't like the front fork

I agree, it was a little more structural than anything, skinned some of it today.

The exhaust...can you make it bigger? Looks too weedy for the size of the engine.

After taking a second look at it, I decided to hack off the exhaust tips, and leave the wider section visible.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I also started work on the rider. There is an ugly basic form for his lower half. Then I chopped a warboss (metal git) in half. At any rate, decided to use Ghazzies claw with the chainsaw upgrade from the picture in the codex. Here is how that is looking so far.
Posted Image

C&C always welcome
Lorax

Posted Image
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

DA BIG ORK

DA BIG ORK

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 122 posts
  • Army Name:Da Big Orkz
I love the deffrolla wheelz *loot* but they look too plain on the side for a bike, especially for their size compared to regular bikez. Maybe something decorative to take the place of wheels & spokes, like rivited-platez? Even square platez would add some visual interest.
"The only good part of a war is its ending."
- Abraham Lincoln

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
Well I did some Green Stuffing...lots of greenstuffing. Added lots more visual interest, as well as 2 grots. All that is really left now is some rivets. Took quite a time to get the rider on, I forgot that when bulking up the dolly, the overall leg stretch decreased, so I had to cut it and refit it. Overall I am really pleased, the legs are a bit large for the torso, but I think it still looks alright.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

:cheers
lorax

Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 410 posts
  • Army Name:Da Rättlsnaikz
It's a bit difficult to make out all the details for me, but it is definitely looking great! I dare say it is the best Wazzdakka i have seen so far! :thumbs But i think you overdid the klaw... it could be a bit smaller, after all Wazzdakka is rather weedy compared to a normal boss (S4 if i remember correctly)

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
  • Army Name:the Orkin Armada
Very nice, he looks great on there and once you hit it with primer he'll all come together. He is going to be a fun one to paint, even if I'm lurking I am always checking by and its always fun to watch your builds, My only nitpicks; in one of the pics it looks like there is a gap in the GS on his eyebrow, and he feels like he is leaning a bit too far. The length of the legs doesn't bother me, infact he is sitting well on there, Perhaps once you mount him to the base it won't seem as much so. -brad isdrab

cragum

cragum

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 213 posts
  • Army Name:Da digga boyz
one beast of a model you have got there, a damn fine beast if i may add :lol cant wait to see this painted up i think then you will be able to see the detail much more. what model did you use to base on the actual wazdak ork?
Ye Charge Or ye Get Charged.
You Choose... But i KNow i Doent wanna Get Charged By some poncy umies or panzies!

-Big Boss Warr-E-

weird al orkavic

weird al orkavic

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 248 posts
  • Army Name:da metal eads
"blink" dang it I missed it!!! a really well done wazzdakka. good luck painting it though.
"team work is essential. it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at." 'umies field manual; page 157, chapter 7
"I am here to kill the heretic and traitor, Bob the puppy kicker" Unnamed Inquisitor
"a ork walkz out of a bar...OI! Ztop wit ya laughin', it kould 'appen..."Unnamed ork boy

Alienerd

Alienerd

Wartrukk Gunner

• Grot Rebelz
  • 1,678 posts
  • Army Name:Rebel Grotz
I take it from the look of the mini that he is supposed to be moving, and that would mean the flames on the skull would be going backwards. I also think the flames need beffing up, I know there are some tuts in the 101 secshun, but other than that it looks OK.
How many kans can a killa kan kill if a killa kan can kill kans?

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,654 posts
  • Army Name:Dethskulls and Badmoons...verging more on Freebooters...
CODE
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Check out my site and blog. Pardon the horrendous design.. it's a WiP

Green Git

Green Git

Periscope

• Deathskullz
  • 773 posts
  • Army Name:Big Mek Burnstuf's Lootaz
Like: GS work on the Mad Mek hisself, Chain Klaw, Guns Dislike: Wheels, Chrome, Streeeeeetch look of the bike. Maybe a coat of primer and some paint will make it look better but now it looks just a little too slapped together.
No, dis is no yer fing. I stole it fair and square. 'Sides, it's painted bloo now.

cragum

cragum

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 213 posts
  • Army Name:Da digga boyz

lmao :lol nicely put, basically in a nutshell as mantis is saying is you will lose your frickin mind if you attempt this at home as Blue Peter followers would know of!
Ye Charge Or ye Get Charged.
You Choose... But i KNow i Doent wanna Get Charged By some poncy umies or panzies!

-Big Boss Warr-E-

Cateran

Cateran

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 327 posts
  • Army Name:Gor Razh the Konkorer
too busy i had a hard time telling the mini from the bike... and the claw seems too big
Oy did uz kno wood burnz betta dan roks!?

-Bit Gib (the first of the Mek Boyz)

needskonstruktion

needskonstruktion

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 490 posts
  • Army Name:Da kombined Waaagh of Warboss Bob

too slapped together.

:o Orks use whatever they can - Wazdakka probably changes his bike after about every battle, so he may want a deffskull-y, looted, ramshackle look ;)

I like it, wazdakka is good, so is the bike - not keen ever so slightly on the bottom half of the bike though.
Korprul' konstrukt, Lad uv da dreadsokk korpz - Fightin' Ruleslawyer gitz and keepin' it proppa
QUOTE (Sproston Green @ Oct 2 2008, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my expierence it's been all about the trousers.

QUOTE (Warboss-Keg @ Feb 28 2008, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
urinating in my pants because I just can't be bothered to zip down my fly

QUOTE (Dim_Reapa @ Nov 16 2008, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you need to get a firm hold on those breasts and do something with them.

My Daemons - Please look! http://www.heresy-on...nacious-bob.htm

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
LoL Thank you for the feedback gents. @Drabber I will revisit his arm and make sure it doesn't look like a glob. Part of what it is are 2 leather straps and a plate. May be my bad picture quality. Thanks for watching my build! @Cragum. I completely scratch built the legs, the torso is metal warboss, the head a metal warboss and the top knot actually comes from a Rackham dwarf of mid noir miniature. @Alienerd perhaps I will add some more motion to the overall flames, coming out of the back. A lot of the mini is based on the picture from the codex. @4ton LOL. I am not one for sig-ing quotes but that is a keeper. Cheers! Doing some rivets throughout the day today. Then I am going to hit it with some black primer. I will post some pictures after it is primed (which incidentily will handle any of the chrome as well). Some of the details that did not turn out too well from the pictures are 2 bedrools on the back end of the bike held down by 2 straps. A shotgun inside a gun holster to the side of bedrolls. A jerrycan held down by a chain and masterlock. And the fuel drum with a smoking/burning grot standing ontop of it. Thanks again -Lorax