Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why don't more people play epic?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Warboss Grimgull

Warboss Grimgull

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
I'm thinking of starting a fish'ead army (using the lovely FW models) but I've run into the same problem, no one in my area plays EPIC, but malikas idea is a great one.

Harkon Greywolf

Harkon Greywolf

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,243 posts
Of course, there is another alternative (if this hasn;t been presented elsewhere), make up two armies and invite your friends to use one when they come over, or take them both to your club/game-store and challenge people to a game. That way you'll both get a game of Epic and possibly convert some more players locally. Just a thought. HG

Warboss Grimgull

Warboss Grimgull

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts

Of course, there is another alternative (if this hasn;t been presented elsewhere), make up two armies and invite your friends to use one when they come over, or take them both to your club/game-store and challenge people to a game.

That way you'll both get a game of Epic and possibly convert some more players locally.

Just a thought.

HG

Sure, but the FW fish'ead models are quite expensive, so making an army of them, and then noticing none in my area wants to play EPIC would be totally EPIC FAIL(pun intended :scowl) .

Harkon Greywolf

Harkon Greywolf

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,243 posts
Very true. But if you get a couple of cheap armies first, like off eBay or something (that's where I got 90% of my Orks including the Gargants! :D) you can "test the waters" using those before "splashing out" (pun intended also!) on the expensive FW stuff! And that way you'll have 3 armies at the end of the day and may be able to sell one to a friend to recoup some costs! Especially if you've done a decent job on the painting etc. Hope this is encouraging? :D HG

Warboss Grimgull

Warboss Grimgull

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts

Very true.

But if you get a couple of cheap armies first, like off eBay or something (that's where I got 90% of my Orks including the Gargants! :D) you can "test the waters" using those before "splashing out" (pun intended also!) on the expensive FW stuff!

And that way you'll have 3 armies at the end of the day and may be able to sell one to a friend to recoup some costs! Especially if you've done a decent job on the painting etc.

Hope this is encouraging?
:D

HG

You talked me into it :P , now I just need to find those 150£ to buy a FW fish'ead army, and I have to get the new ork stuff too :bang ,
why did you talk me into it! :crybaby :P

Harkon Greywolf

Harkon Greywolf

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,243 posts
Because "Misery loves company?" He he! I've wasted... no .. wisely invested all my money and time in this stuff, so should you! ;) LOL HG

Quase

Quase

Big Mek

• Nobz
  • 4,200 posts
  • Army Name:Da Klan ov da Golden Teef
I can but concur with HGs suggestions here. Even though Epic is been having a wee bit of a boost here in Belgium (and I'm constantly promoting it ;) ), my most regular gaming friends seem reluctant to sommit themselves. Hence I've aqcuired a Beakie army (a very generous gift from our own Zog + some bitz 'n bobs from Boss Teefstrukk) that I've invested a couple of euros in to expand. This way I'll be able to (once it's painted) let my friends play a game or two when they visit me, and I can give demos in the club I'm visiting as of late, so maybe I can inspire people there too.
Roight, any questions?
Yes?
Too bad!
It be time to WAAAGH!

Quase -

Zog

Zog

Wants Panzies

• Bad Moonz
  • 484 posts
  • Army Name:Zogs Boyz

Hence I've aqcuired a Beakie army (a very generous gift from our own Zog + some bitz 'n bobs from Boss Teefstrukk) that I've invested a couple of euros in to expand.

This way I'll be able to (once it's painted) let my friends play a game or two when they visit me, and I can give demos in the club I'm visiting as of late, so maybe I can inspire people there too.

Yer very welcome, and it would be good to see the game played more ;)
I have Orks, Feral orks (not assembled), panzee (being painted by Stretch), Beakies (being painted by Stretch), and Nids (not many but we'll see ;) )
so i have a fair few armies to 'lend out' and i also have loads of panzee troops left so maybe a Dark-panzee army?

My mate is doing tin'eads and we will have to see what else we can scare up :D
Gone crazy.... Back soon....

saintjon

saintjon

Mendin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 73 posts
  • Army Name:Da Trashboyz
I bought the Epic 40K box back in high school, so I have the ork stuff that came with it, plus an OLD SKOOL mega gargant we pretty much looted from the local hobby store (we're not sure how that chick came to have it amongst her wool and paints and crap), plus some basic beakie stuff and some panzee crap I bought myself (was looking to play them after getting my friends hooked). Unfortunately my broke-ass friends never got hooked and I've never really been able to play what I find to be an amazingly good game system. Do the newer Epic Armageddon rules make for a better game? I'm going to make it a personal goal to play some Epic in the near future, even if we have next to nothing for models. (actually my panzee's are a not bad start to a decent army, I got an army box plus some flyer units so I could probably get them up to snuff at minimal cost) Anyways, I think it's awesome that models can be found so cheap on E-bay, I will have to start harping at my friends to give this game a go with me.

Nazbag

Nazbag

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 538 posts
  • Army Name:Nazbags New Boyz
I love epic and have several armies that people can play but I just can't get people into to it. They will play me and two people even got small armies, but will just play me, no one seem to play each other, I can't seem to get any momentum going.

For  Laser Cut Terrain, Bases and accessories go toWar Games Tournaments

Gobbla

Gobbla

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 143 posts
  • Army Name:Orks
Me, I like Epic, but I donít think I love it. I like the scale because of the Gargants and flyers and artillery, but it gets a little old moving all those tiny models around. I like the system, itís not too complicated or detailed, it has a nice feel, and itís heavy on strategy. But, I donít love it because its mechanics are not very intuitive, and the strategy has a fair learning curve. In order to get the most out of Epic, you need 2000 pt. games minimum, and ideally 3000pts. games. Thatís 3 hours of game time, if you know the rules and know what you are trying to accomplish. And, once you know what you are trying to accomplish, you are trying to accomplish the same thing every game.

bruno

bruno

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 48 posts
  • Army Name:Lazy Boys
I have always liked the smaller scale models for war gaming. We have a good crowd in Phoenix Az. that are playing Epic. It was dead for many years however it only took one guy to start playing and now we have a small group. I am sure this group will continue to grow as time goes on. I am just joining our local group and started building my Ork army. It is a great game system, easy to paint and fun to play. So to answer the question, Why don't more people play epic? I would have to answer with, they are not being exposed to it so they don't know how much fun they are missing.

Harkon Greywolf

Harkon Greywolf

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,243 posts
Well I'm now practising what I preach!
I've started a Space Wolf Epic army to counter my Orks so that I can challenge people to play (once I've learnt how!!!)

Here's a link to the pics so far of my Ork opponents! :D
http://i237.photobuc...9EpicSWs002.jpg

So not too long before I'll have enough stuff to have a game! :D

HG

balsak_da_mighty

balsak_da_mighty

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 465 posts
  • Army Name:?
I know this hasn't been talked about in awhile but I thought it needed an update or something. Well I myself love epic..I have been trying to get more to play, but as everyone has said its kinda tough to find alot of epic stuff for cheap. I do have a few armies myself and am willing to teach people to play with them but they still don't want to buy the stuff as it is sooo expensive. I think epic is the best GW game to date and would love to see a spike in interest from fans and GW alone, but I am not holding my breath. *cough* As far as the finding people to play, I live in southern Maryland. Anyone want to play nearby let me know. I have Beakies, nids and a start to panzee.

Mangina Snikbag

Mangina Snikbag

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts
Having just played my first epic game I must say I like it better than normal 40k. I can not wait until my own orkies show up so I can make my own army and tinker with the paint schemes. I am like Balsak_da_mighty, in fact we both play games at the same place so you can contact me to play also.

balsak_da_mighty

balsak_da_mighty

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 465 posts
Yeah but the funny thing is. This hasn't had a post in over a year and 3 months until we did. So even people on here don't deal with Epic anymore. *shrugs* o well they are missing out.

eastern barbarian

eastern barbarian

Tankbusta Boy

• Blood Axez
  • 419 posts
  • Army Name:Blood Axe Skwadron of Deff
I play Epic and absolutely love that game!

balsak_da_mighty

balsak_da_mighty

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 465 posts
I didn't meant that no one really played, I was just teasing that no one has posted on the epic forum in over a year. I wish more played, because I love the game too.

Mangina Snikbag

Mangina Snikbag

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts
Hey Balsak we going to play epic this weekend?

balsak_da_mighty

balsak_da_mighty

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 465 posts
Of course...I just got my panzee up and running, so I feel like take you on wit some panzees...