Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What to buy first?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Guthrag Da Devious

Guthrag Da Devious

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 156 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Guthrag
I picked up a copy of Aeronautica Imperialis at games day UK, sadly by the time I'd found my way to the front of the Forgeworld scrum of death, ALLLLL Ork planes had sold out, leaving me grumpy and annoyed. :(

So what should I buy first and how many of them to make an Ork air fleet? If anything had been left I'd have grabbed it there and then, but now I have the chance to reflect and plan, in a very un-orky way, so can anyone help me sort out what I need to get first to play? Playing against panzee mainly, if that makes a difference.
Old and Treacherous, Beats young and talented

Zog

Zog

Wants Panzies

• Bad Moonz
  • 484 posts
  • Army Name:Zogs Boyz
Just start off with da fightas depends on how many point yer playing really. I go for 6 in 100pt match. that way you out number the panzee 2 to 1 Oh and mob em ;) take em out piecemeal!
Gone crazy.... Back soon....

Harkon Greywolf

Harkon Greywolf

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,243 posts
Don't forget as an Ork you aren't restricted by the Forge World planes. My fleet is entirely made up from cut'n'bashed plastic kits from the 1/350th Trumpeter range. And I've converted quite a few Epic and AI players into doing the same! :D If you check out my Thread you'll see what I mean, and they look far more varied and unique than FW's models, even if FW are more detailed. (And about 10 times more expensive!!!) HG

Boss Zagsnikk

Boss Zagsnikk

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts
I started with 4 Fightaz, 2 Fighta-Bommerz, and that was a pretty good start. My Air Waaagh! is now double that size, and if I wasn't working abroad for a year, I would have added a couple of the big Bommerz. The great thing about FBs is the firing backwards. If your opponent doesn't know about the grot in the back, or forgets, you can punish him with it. I beat my panzee opponent with that once, he tried to outmaneuvre me, picked the wrong planes to tail!

Guthrag Da Devious

Guthrag Da Devious

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 156 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Guthrag
Thanks for all that info! I'll shall now plan my first purchases, cheers!
Old and Treacherous, Beats young and talented

Mad Trukka

Mad Trukka

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 313 posts
  • Army Name:Plague of Dol Amroth (LOTR) 'ArdAkkaz ( Fantasy,40k)
Methinks that you should also say what your gonna get otherwise noone is gonna be able to help you continue building your fleet
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and
paste this into your signature. GENERATION 5 The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

Why a Big Boss is better than Chuck Norris!:

Chuck Norris recently had the idea to sell his urine as a canned beverage. We know this beverage as Red Bull. Big Boss sells his urine also, as weapons grade plutonium.
Chuck Norris once shot down a German plane by pointing with his finger and saying "Bang". Big Boss knocked the MIR space station out of orbit by glaring at it
Godzilla is a Japanese rendition of Big Boss' first visit to Tokyo.