Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da WAAAAGH OF UBERDARK

* * * * * 11 votes

• Please log in to reply
384 replies to this topic

uberdark

uberdark

Periscope

• Evil Sunz
  • 781 posts
  • Army Name:WAZDAKKA'S WAAAAGH!!!
ick!!! deffskulls... theyz gits..... speed freekz is da best. well it looks mroe an dmore like i should be doing a garbage truck..... so here it comes. sometime next week i'll start the garbage truck. thanks guys. cheers uber

Warboss Gorker

Warboss Gorker

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 234 posts
  • Army Name:Turdhammas dakka smiths

Posted Image

What's this? A child in the background! Blasphemy! Madness!
BECAUSE I HAVE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS.

I am now CHAOS! Death to the false emprah! BLAGAHGAGHGAa!
Iron Warriors
W/T/D
4/1/0---------I need more challenge.

uberdark

uberdark

Periscope

• Evil Sunz
  • 781 posts
no its just a cave squig. hehehe

reglo

reglo

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
maybe with a bomb on da mouth you can use it with tankustas...

The Gremlins are coming... So i will accept commissions untill they'll destroy everything!

Penguin of Death

Penguin of Death

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 280 posts

ick!!! deffskulls... theyz gits..... speed freekz is da best. well it looks mroe an dmore like i should be doing a garbage truck..... so here it comes. sometime next week i'll start the garbage truck. thanks guys.

Next question: what type? I guess one of the ones with the big prongs on the front like a forklift is the best bet, but you could go for one of the ones with the big jaws on the back, but have it driving backwards

uberdark

uberdark

Periscope

• Evil Sunz
  • 781 posts
wwell i plan on having one withe the forklift in the front for the boyz....but the back will have a grinning face on it....much like this.

Posted Image

talk to ya later....

Sukigod

Sukigod

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,082 posts
  • Army Name:Red Jack's Waaagh!
Ha Uber! I've got a similar idea on the back burner (as in, not enough time...) using this...

Posted Image

$10 at the local Target store.

uberdark

uberdark

Periscope

• Evil Sunz
  • 781 posts
yeah i remember seeing that one.... but i am trying to make all of mine gw only parts/plasticard/pvc pipe or else i would loot that garbage truck in a heart beat. i'm thinking of entering my army into the open competition this year at gamesday in chicago. i think right now i have 44 orks, 3 transports, 3 deffkoptas and that looted wagon. if i can get my 15 bikes done that'll look great as an entry on one big board.

uberdark

uberdark

Periscope

• Evil Sunz
  • 781 posts
another update.... so excuse the blu-tac but some loser boy at my lgs dropped a tannhauser box on the piece this weekend and shattered the back carriage from the front and a myriad assortment of bits and bobs from the piece as a whole. however i managed to fix things up and take some pics. got about 75% done and should be done by friday. starting the garbage truck friday if i'm done or not.

let me know what you think.

uber

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Aries

Aries

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 33 posts
This truk is really turning out great. I really love that pick up truck/jeep look. One question, how did you bend the front fenders? Do you need to heat up the plastic before you do that or can you do that at roomtemperature?

uberdark

uberdark

Periscope

• Evil Sunz
  • 781 posts
bit of both actually. i just hold it over the stove for a few seconds and then bend the edges to the way i want it, hold onto it and bam its done.

Alienerd

Alienerd

Wartrukk Gunner

• Grot Rebelz
  • 1,678 posts
  • Army Name:Rebel Grotz
Ooooooh I hate inconsiderate loser boys. Its turning out nice, the only process I know for bending plasticard is using t 2 sheets, glue 1 to the other and then hold it around a round object while it dies. I'll have to try the heat method
How many kans can a killa kan kill if a killa kan can kill kans?

uberdark

uberdark

Periscope

• Evil Sunz
  • 781 posts
well as promised, i have finished my third ork transport. the garbage truck is next..... i cant wait to get all "dirty" pickin up the garbage. anyhow spent around 12 hours painting and 3 hours converting. i am pretty happy with how this turned out and i feel the paint job is my strongest thus far. please let me know what you think. and i have had a few people ask for an army shot so i will work on that this weekend and post it on monday. cheers
Posted Image

uberdark

uberdark

Periscope

• Evil Sunz
  • 781 posts
first i apologize for the pictures. they arent the best.... i left my nice camera at work. but as promised this is my group shot of my army thus far. i have to admit that this is the most fun i've had making an army barnone EVER!! i usually stop at 2,000 pts...but i plan on apocalypsing it w/ a stompa, and a squiggoth.
this is what i have painted thus far.

44 ork boyz w/4 nobs. 2 w/power klaws.

1 looted wagon

3 deffkoptas

3 ork transports

things to finish are :1 transport
15 orkbikers
9 lootas
1 battlewagon
1 big mek w/KFF
1 wazdakka gutsmek

so take a look and let me know what you think.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sukigod

Sukigod

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,082 posts
  • Army Name:Red Jack's Waaagh!
Awesome! :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

Big Mek Orktapus

Big Mek Orktapus

squig attack arm

• Deathskullz
  • 478 posts
  • Army Name:Da Skrappas
:thumbs enough said... Ok I'll say some more. Your painting is freakin great and your conversion work is pretty sweet. And those have got to be the biggest freaking boss poles ever! Your looted wagon is really cool, but with its size and the two different kannons I would think its more of a battlewagon. I guess you can use it as both. Great job
Deffskulls: if it ain't bolted down its fair game...and if it is they will still try to "loot" it.

Da scrapas

uberdark

uberdark

Periscope

• Evil Sunz
  • 781 posts
big mek: thanks man.... i know the looted wagon is pretty big, but i do have some big ideas for the battlewagon...like switching the head from the stompa with the front cab. muwahahahaha. lol

uberdark

uberdark

Periscope

• Evil Sunz
  • 781 posts
so i have started up my newest and hopefully last build of transport vehicles. this time i am going to take more pictures of the stages since people have been asking me over and over for more stages to see how i do things. i also have started using tagboard for the frame which saves me a buttload of money on plasticard. so now i am making a garbage truck and am incredibly happy with how its turnign out in the back. although i'm not to sure about the front. so i need help on that. and one thing i really like about it is that i made the back "mouth" parts to be able to open and close. i also have an idea for an evil sunz emblem that i think will be pretty cool when done. well without further ado. here you go... and please let me know what you think i should do with the front....

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Da Grimpond

Da Grimpond

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 731 posts
love the work dak however how can that grot swing such a huge ball? lol

Aries

Aries

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 33 posts
The previous trukk ended up great, I gave it a solid 9 on CMON. :cheers The garbage trukk is looking good. As to what to do with the front? It's hard to tell, I think the cabin should be a bit smaller then the back. IMO that would look best, so the sides you have on there now should be a bit smaller. I think if you make it look approximately the same as your oshkosh vehicle, it'll end up great. Hope it helps.