Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da WAAAAGH OF UBERDARK

* * * * * 11 votes

• Please log in to reply
384 replies to this topic

uberdark

uberdark

Periscope

• Evil Sunz
  • 781 posts
  • Army Name:WAZDAKKA'S WAAAAGH!!!
hi there guys....long time lurker, first time waaagher.

so i love speed freaks....the fasta' da betta!!! anyhow i got tired of fish'ead and decided to make my waagh.. i just finished my first 40 ork boyz for my army and just started a series of koptas converted. this is my first plasticard piece EVER.... and might i say i love plasticard..... my thumbs dont like x-acto knives though. hehe.

let me know what ya think. as for the buzzsaw going down lower than the skids..... the best way for an ork to land a kopta is kareening into the ground anyway. so :P

lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

akurat-dakka

akurat-dakka

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 130 posts
  • Army Name:Da flyin' armarda
I like the nose, but that tube to the buzzsaw is to smooth. add some bitz and plasticard plates to it!
'Ere to fix your gubbinz!'

Quote: Big mek, DoW

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. GENERATION 6 The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

Grubsnikk

Grubsnikk

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 315 posts
  • Army Name:Kreepin' Deff
Wow, I really like the profile of that kopta. Well done :thumbs Can you try get the light from an other angle? Then it might be easier to comment on your build. As of now, it's a bit hard to see the details...
FEELD-MARSHULL GRUBSNIKK
KOMMANDA OV DA KREEPIN' DEFF BLOOD AXES

LICHTENAUER FOR PRESIDENT!

quote: 'I like the variation on head you get plus the FB box has a nob sprue' jackdoud
quote: 'Then it isn't da waaagh's issue, we don't get ninja-lawyer'd and everyone lives happily ever after. Even the bunnies.' Blakkreaper
quote: 'If an ordered list of thread links isn't enough for you to find something then give up now and take up embroidery. cheers.gif' jackdoud

uberdark

uberdark

Periscope

• Evil Sunz
  • 781 posts
yeah i agree...i bought some stuff to put on it later on. just some little things can really push a piece a long way. rock on

Voark

Voark

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 250 posts
  • Army Name:Ragnork's Unyted Klans.
Looks nice...what are you aming for, Orkish Saim-Hann?, hehe. I would reinforce the rod the buzzsaw is attached to. Goodluck ;).
"Citadel Finecast" - LOL.

uberdark

uberdark

Periscope

• Evil Sunz
  • 781 posts

Looks nice...what are you aming for, Orkish Saim-Hann?, hehe.

I would reinforce the rod the buzzsaw is attached to.

Goodluck ;).

how dare you compare dem' ta doze panzies!!!! i jus' like em pointy and killy. hehe.

how might i reinforce the rod then.... i must admit thats the one area thats been buggin me.

TheHauptmann

TheHauptmann

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
  • Army Name:Da Supa Novas
Frankly, the buzzsaw is WAY over the top. And I know that Orks are way over the top, but I think it's excessive even for them. I think it needs to be running parallel to the deffkopta's body, not perpendicular.

Luku

Luku

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 731 posts
  • Army Name:Big Dakky's Boys!
All I can do is agree with the others on 'plating' the tube a little, and congratulate you on making one the nicest looking Buzzsaws I've seen... Nasty way to go... :dakka
Waaagh! Dakky! Squiggoth Slayer!
W:17 T:2 L:7

Splinter Fleet Akki
W:2 T:1 L:3

kill'taLot

kill'taLot

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 141 posts
  • Army Name:waaagh ruffsnik

Frankly, the buzzsaw is WAY over the top. And I know that Orks are way over the top, but I think it's excessive even for them. I think it needs to be running parallel to the deffkopta's body, not perpendicular.

is second this... but the snazziest lookin' buzzsaw ive seen so far :thumbs keep it up :P
looks a bit panzie thow :P lol
no back to work :whip
orksez " TEKNOLOGEE " iz ta best 'ere iz!
afta all if 'ere iz no " ORKS ", 'ere iz no GAMES W" ORKS "HOP

live by the rule of KISS !! Keep It Stupid Simple

Morhgoz

Morhgoz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 306 posts
  • Army Name:Goffz, Blood Axez, Snakebiez and Deathskullz
I like it, but tube of buzzsaw is too narrow, make it bigger!
Victory is not important, but large mound of bloody skulls...
...own ones, if nothing else...

Alienerd

Alienerd

Wartrukk Driver

• Grot Rebelz
  • 1,655 posts
  • Army Name:Rebel Grotz
Looks like a proffesional Racing Kopta! You should have a whole squad, or team, with Firesquig brand Fungus Beer sponsor. They could be part of the Fewaaaghi (like Ferrari if you don't get it) Racing Team.
How many kans can a killa kan kill if a killa kan can kill kans?

uberdark

uberdark

Periscope

• Evil Sunz
  • 781 posts
so's i got my second one done. this time i just started cuttin the crap out of plasticard and got this. i really love the mouth on this ....and the jaws will "count as" a buzzsaw.... i can just imagine em' snapping really fast. of course inside the mouth are the rokkit launchas which i see poppin out in between eatin some stupid 'umies or the panzee. cant wait to start my third one

on a side note, i managed to cut my finger wif' a pair of blunt scissors.... guess i'm on my way to bein' an ork!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Grubsnikk

Grubsnikk

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 315 posts
  • Army Name:Kreepin' Deff
Wow, that's down right brutal. Love it :cheers One suggestion though, maybe you could add some pistons inside the 'mouth', to sorta explain how that massive jaw is actually snapping at targets?
FEELD-MARSHULL GRUBSNIKK
KOMMANDA OV DA KREEPIN' DEFF BLOOD AXES

LICHTENAUER FOR PRESIDENT!

quote: 'I like the variation on head you get plus the FB box has a nob sprue' jackdoud
quote: 'Then it isn't da waaagh's issue, we don't get ninja-lawyer'd and everyone lives happily ever after. Even the bunnies.' Blakkreaper
quote: 'If an ordered list of thread links isn't enough for you to find something then give up now and take up embroidery. cheers.gif' jackdoud

uberdark

uberdark

Periscope

• Evil Sunz
  • 781 posts
so i got the last one done and am pretty happy with it, i took the advice of you guys and added some stuff to the buzzsaw as well. i noticed as i went that the koptas kept gettin' bigguh and pointia' i see no problem with that. hehehe. i plan on using the jaws as "counts as" buzzsaws. i have not added any pistons as of yet, mainly because i have a huge plasticard order in and am waiting on them. i plan on beginnin' the paintin process this evening.

ere' we go!

:choppa

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and du uvah' reworked un'

Posted Image

Posted Image

Luku

Luku

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 731 posts
  • Army Name:Big Dakky's Boys!
Good stuff! Definatly looks air worthy...Now make sure you paint it blue and proppa!
Waaagh! Dakky! Squiggoth Slayer!
W:17 T:2 L:7

Splinter Fleet Akki
W:2 T:1 L:3

uberdark

uberdark

Periscope

• Evil Sunz
  • 781 posts
red an' proppa.. blue and proppa dont werk tagetha. hehehe

Shadow

Shadow

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,417 posts
  • Army Name:Rust Ridge Raidaz
Makes it rusty and rotten! if it ain't scrap-tastic, it ain't propa! :D Seriously, nice original work. ...wish mine looked this good... shade
Of course all my topics are pic heavy, you know why? because people don't want to open 12 hyperlinks a page! it stands to reason

"The act of converting is not a matter of creating the best weapon ever, its creating the best weapon ever but by using bits and pieces that anyone can use but no one has ever thought use in that way."

- Shadow.

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,020 posts
  • Army Name:Snotbagz Nozeminerz
Those are some nice conversions. :thumbs I think the buzzsaw should be horizontal though. Right now it looks more like it's part of the propulsion system than a weapons system.
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Kromlech for all your Orky goodness.

Nozeminer Studioz

sjefke1993

sjefke1993

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 4 posts
nice conversions, like the way the claws look. might loot that idea, however, ive got a question. i likt the way the plasticard on the second and last kopta is edged, how do you achieve this? greetz sjefke

Gitsnik_Arse_kika

Gitsnik_Arse_kika

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 353 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gitsnik
That is the snazziest copta iv ever seen, giv it a lik of paint and itll look great. can't resist...sorry but... PIMP MY DEATHKOPTA!!!! :lol
Beware the goff

the deathskull

the Snake bite